Been working on a Combat Uniform...

I've got a 3-color Desert SOU Shirt in Large/Reg that I'll sell for $65 + shipping. It's not Ripstop, but it's the final version SOU Shirt. I had the sew shop using the twill material for cost reasons while we were working out the bugs.

Got an email last week stating that the ODA team has the Woodland set. Comment on the gussets being the same material instead of the 4-way stretch breathable wicking, but we just couldn't let that slow us down any more. Also said the pants were a bit heavy, but that's due to the d-rings on the beltloops being metel instead of the Acetel which will be what we use in the future. Both issues that we already knew about and were planned changes for production pieces. Overall it's sounding pretty positive. I've requested some pics. No feedback yet on the 3-color set that went to SEALS.

Getting some feedback from the guys in A-stan.
Great utility shirt. Things I liked:
1. Zipper down front- no buttons to be pressed by body armor!
2. Zipper pocket on sleeves- reachable and useful.
3. collar- velcro, not to much material I could breath easy
4. Direction of pockets on front- I prefer pockets aligned this direction
Things for improvement:
1. Material- Type of material was perfect- I recommend Multi or digital cam be available
2. Map holder on right sleeve- I didn't have the attachment, most guys in Naval Special Warfare use the Quarterback flip book
3. Sleeves should be easily rolled to just under the elbow- Not a big problem, but too much material makes it uncomfortable (right arm/due to the map holder)
4. Consider some type of fastener to help keep the shirt tucked into the pants- when LBEs or holsters are worn the shirt tends to come untucked and uncomfortable. (all shirts do this/ just a thought)
I thought your product was top notch! Outstanding quality in the stitching- as if it was custom made by my own rigger. Thanks for the opportunity to try this out. I will recommend your products in our equipment review boards.
The guy testing out the other set sent me these pics of mods he had done there.
SAM_0119_sm.JPG

SAM_0120_sm.JPG

I sent a clean uniform with no velcro for patches and he added some. He also had the knees sewn up for the Crye kneepads. I'm going to contact Crye and see if I can put that option on my pants.

What are the thoughts on offering the shirts with an option of having shirt tails? Not full on dress shirt type tails, but maybe another 1-1.5" front and back. An option for guys that wear the shirts tucked.

I like the idea of zippers as oppose to Velcro and I like the outward facing pockets.

Got my hands on a set of these and my teammates loved them! We plan on taking several sets with us in the coming months. The uniforms are well made and very functional.

Thank you Lindy and Company for the feedback on the SOU.

Two changes per their feedback will include zippers on the lower legs to allow the pants to be taken off over boots to allow a guy to take off the pants to change, cool off, etc... but keep his boots on to remain combat effective. Also we're going to make the back pockets on the pants larger, similar to the 5.11 pants (could use it like an extra dump
pouch).

I've received the Woodland setr back from A-stan. They have as you can see in the pics black velcro sewn on and Crye kneepad attachment points that the tester had sewn on while he had them. The kneepad points need to be moved over about an inch which can be done easily. If anyone wants this set I'll let the pants go for $85 and the shirt for $75. If you want me to move the kneepad points I'd get that done locally and woud need reimbursment on that. If I send them to my sewing contractor it'll take a while.
SAM_0119_sm.JPG

SAM_0120_sm.JPG

PM me if you're interested.

I have the one set that was tested and one more set here, both in Woodland. I did get the MC's Monday. Thanks for shooting them back. BTW... you look a lot older in your avatar than you sounded on the phone.

That velcro over the boot closure on the pants is something I have said should be standard ever since I first saw it on the old gortex pants back in '94. I may try and have it done to a couple pair of my issue pants and see if I can get away with it. I'll probably hit you up for a complete set prior to my next deployment.
Reed

I have the one set that was tested and one more set here, both in Woodland. I did get the MC's Monday. Thanks for shooting them back. BTW... you look a lot older in your avatar than you sounded on the phone.

I'll take set of the woodland but am away from home until next week. Sorry about the shipping on the MC set: bad Commo with my wife.

My avatar is a mug shot after a crazy night with Cback & jello shooters. You really can't taste the alcohol in those things.

Back