Been working on a Combat Uniform...

Quick question, are the cargo pockets on the pants in the same location as on ACU's? I use mine as a make shift dump pouch, but the bottoms of the pockets are directly even with the backs of my knees and tend to rub me raw on any kind of movement. even an inch or two higher would pay big dividends, at least for me.
Reed

I think they may be a little higher. When I wear mine the bottom of the pocket is above the back of my knee. I can have them sewn a little higher if needed. It wouldn't be any special charge.

I have an extra Multicam Shirt in Large Regular that was accidently shipped to Afghanistan. On it's way back here if anyone wants one that doesn't have to be made when you order it.

Price drop in 2012!
Looking at lowering my sales prices on the SOU Pants in Multicam to $104.99, and the Shirts to $97.99. Other camo patterns and solids will decrease as well. If everything works out this will take effect within the first weeks of January.

We're about to sew up some SOU's using PenCott Camo in 50/50 NyCo.
GreenZone
GreenZone.JPG

Badlands
Badlands.JPG

Sandstorm
Sandstorm.JPG

We added some options to the SOU's when ordering.
You can now select on the shirt to add Tails for tucking into pants, and "Outward", "Inward", or "Upright" Breast Pockets.
On the pants you can add the optional lower leg zipper on the outseam so you can remove the pants while keepin' your boots on because you never know when you need to have your boots on! There is also 2 additional pockets above the cargo pockets in front.
Colors now include:
Multicam, all 3 PenCott patterns, Coyote Tan, OD Green, Ranger Green, Black, ACU Digital, and Realtree APG.
Truly a customizable uniform with all of these options!

More SOU info:
Ranger Green SOU's and PenCott Camo SOU's will be here next week!
I also added a great feature to the SOU Pants. Now there are 2 beltloops on the sides with enough space between to hang and securely support a Drop Leg Holster on your belt. This way if you have to ditch any gear, but manage to keep your pants on your good to go. Zipper fly with velcro tab closure at the top instead of buttons, upper leg pocket in front and above the cargo pockets. Optional Tails on the shirt for tucking into pants, pocket on right forearm instead of MOLLE, I'll be posting pics as soon as I get my hands on them next week. Stay tuned!

The final modifications and changes to the SOU are done. The fact that you have options to choose from when ordering along with adding the PenCott colourways to the SOU, makes this combat uniform customizable to meet needs in different fields. Now available in 8 camo patterns (PenCott GreenZone, Badlands, and SandStorm, Multicam, ACU Digital, Woodland, 3-color Desert, and RealTree APG!), and 4 colors (Coyote Tan, OD Green, Ranger Green, and Black), not to mention you can send your own material to SpecOpShop if you want and they'll make your custom SOU's.
-SOU Shirt
Combination Zipper/Velcro front closure and a mandarin collar makes for more comfort when wearing vests or plate carriers. Breast pocket options include Outward, Upright, or Inward facing. Shoulder Pockets have hidden front edge zipper making access to the pocket silent, quick, and ergonomic. Standard 4" wide Velcro on shoulder pockets allows for affixing insignia and there is an option to remove this when ordering. Name and Branch Velcro above breast pockets is optional as well. There are pockets on both forearms, left has a center seam and it's big enough for chemlights, right forearm has no seam. Cuff has buttons instead of noisy Velcro, and the optional Tails for those that tuck in really help, but they're not so pronounced that the shirt can't be worn untucked. Gussetted armpits allow for mobility.
-Pants
The big change on the SOU Pants is zipper fly with Velcro tabbed top instead of buttons, and additional pockets in front and above the cargo pockets. 1" wide Beltloops with ITW-Nexus Tri-Rings on front two. The genious idea and addition of another beltloop on the sides allows for secure support of a drop-leg holster keeping it from twisting away from your side, and this idea came straight from the field. Gussetted crotch gives you that little extra in extreme movements. Hip pockets end at the outseam with a flat webbing reinforced clip on knife or multitool holder. The cargo pockets have 3 buttons along with hidden zipper front edge access while riding in a vehicle or kneeling. Each Cargo also has an elastic magazine holder which securely keeps a full 30-round magazine right where you put it and it doesn't bounce around or fall to the bottom of the pocket. Lower leg calf pockets have button closure instead of noisy Velcro, and the ankle cuffs have Velcro to tighten over boots to keep the bugs out. There is an optional lower-leg zipper on the outseam which allows for taking pants off without removing your boots because it's always better to have your boots on! This was a request from SF currently wearing the SOU.
Here's a few pics:
SOU-BL-Shirt.jpg

SOU-BL-Pants.jpg

Hidden Zipper Shoulder Pocket
SOU-Shoulder.jpg

Forearm Pocket
SOU-Forearm.jpg

3-button Flap/Hidden Front Zipper Cargo w/Magazine holder
SOU-Cargo.jpg

Velcro Ankle Cuff
SOU-Ankle.jpg

Suddenly today we find ourselves designing snow camo outerwear for SWAT Snipers. PenCott Snowdrift is what we'll use for the final product, but we're going to prototype and test it with White Ripstop Cotton. It'll be worn over Gore-Tex and have access to the pockets. Very simple design on a napkin right now. Also working on an Overboot that will cover... wait for it... Boots! Because I was told by a SWAT Sniper that black boots kinda stand out in snow.

Here's the PenCott Snowdrift pattern sample form the hydedefinition site.
pattern_snowdrift.png

For anyone that hasn't seen PenCott GreenZone in use, here's a shot supplied by one of my customers in the Mediterranean bush. Customer sent pics. A little face paint and he wouldn't even be there. Photo was taken at 3m with an iPhone.
CA-Greenzone.jpg

I like the pants and the hidden zipper pockets, do you have a website that you do your dealing on you just on here? I currently am wear a urban digital uniform but do not like the non-rip stop material and don't like any of them offered by other brands out on the market. Is this something you can individual do or need multiple orders placed to make a run of that print? A website with prices would be great....Also a combat style shirt/longsleve would be nice like someone mentioned above.

Used the above woodlands for two weeks in the field and loved them. Very functional and held everything perfectly. The buttoned side pockets are great and the zippered access to sleeve and pants pockets are PERFECT.

These are great uniforms.

Used the above woodlands for two weeks in the field and loved them. Very functional and held everything perfectly. The buttoned side pockets are great and the zippered access to sleeve and pants pockets are PERFECT.

These are great uniforms.

I'm crackin' open a beer on that one! Thanks Lindy, glad you like them!

I modified my Multicam SOU's this morning for tomorrows outing. I took off the 7 1" beltloops and replaced them with 3 3" wide beltloops and 2 2" wide loops. The 3" loops are just in front of the hip pockets and one is centered in the back. the 2" loops are immediately behind the hip pockets. Believe it or not... the comfort around the waist went way up with my riggers belt. It just did; not sure why, but it did.

Oh, and I got a text the other day regarding the woodland SOU's above stating that the wearer just got his PCU Level 9's and thinks they suck when compared to SOU's.

Back