Big Tech and Political Echo Chambers

I'm not saying they finger their asses to know what the semen tastes like, but I'm not saying they haven't.
Part of why I put their pictures up is because I expect things to be memory holed. That said, they aren't the only guilty party. Everyone from the head of the company, to the editors, and writers who pushed this article, had their dicks in the honey pot.

People need to be reminded that they are flesh and blood, just like the rest of us.

It's true; NPR, like most of America's media businesses, have broken trust with much of America.

I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.

Uri Berliner, a veteran at the public radio institution, says the network lost its way when it started telling listeners how to think.

I used to LOVE to listen to NPR when I was young. It was often the only thing I could get on long drives, prior to the SmartPhone revolution and satellite radio.

But it lurched from center-left programming to far-left screed, and that's when I broke contact. I was tired of hearing the constant drumbeat of "Orange Man/Republican Man/White Man Bad!!!" and the constant shilling for the Democrat party and far-left causes and policies. I left and never looked back. I would be quite happy in NPR went completely out of business.

I also kind of wonder what prompted the author to take this step now. Why not a year ago, five years ago, 20 years ago? These aren't new problems...

It's true; NPR, like most of America's media businesses, have broken trust with much of America.

I used to LOVE to listen to NPR when I was young. It was often the only thing I could get on long drives, prior to the SmartPhone revolution and satellite radio.

But it lurched from center-left programming to far-left screed, and that's when I broke contact. I was tired of hearing the constant drumbeat of "Orange Man/Republican Man/White Man Bad!!!" and the constant shilling for the Democrat party and far-left causes and policies. I left and never looked back. I would be quite happy in NPR went completely out of business.

I also kind of wonder what prompted the author to take this step now. Why not a year ago, five years ago, 20 years ago? These aren't new problems...

In full disclosure, I still listen to NPR because I find some of their stories interesting, and I think they do a pretty good job with the news at the top of the hour. But they do not hide their disdain for Trump, and you know pretty quickly into any story or piece of news if it's going to be editorialized. When that happens I just tune in another station or turn it down and block it out.

I also would be happy if NPR went out of business. It is a little more than a modern version of Free America, an American 'Pravda'.

[
used to LOVE to listen to NPR when I was young

I also used to listen to NPR when I was young. But I was young and therefore less political and more naive. I think most news orgs are much more partisan now, I also remember when CNN was more fair and balanced. I still listen to BBC. They lean left more too, but as an outsider they'll still call out some bullshit on both sides.

The CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) turned into the same.

Back