Big Tech and Political Echo Chambers

Joke's on FB's algorithm. I only use Google to search for transsexual dating, how to cut heroin, body dump sites, etc.

j/k. I knew how to cut heroin back in 2009.

Speaking of H, as you know, me and Policemedic are in the area known for H, trade, all shit that comes with it. Apparently, shit from Puerto Rico is showing up, "tranq" is showing up, making things fun.

I recall the Fentanly thing fondly, the narcan we were running out of, then, the plandemic hit, ODs stopped, at least 911 calls for them. I always wondered what happened to the junkies, especially the toothless girls sucking cock for dime bags of H in a Kensington abandonedminium.

To bring this thread back on topic. Look at how prevalent social media is to the younger generations. These are Americans that will potentially go from cradle to grave with some sort of electronic access device.

Given the use of external enemy platforms like TikTok and internal enemy platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc, imagine what our enemies can introduce into the mind space of a vulnerable population. Covid and American cities being burned in the name of social justice and crackhead come to mind regarding this zeitgeist.

To bring this thread back on topic. Look at how prevalent social media is to the younger generations. These are Americans that will potentially go from cradle to grave with some sort of electronic access device.

Given the use of external enemy platforms like TikTok and internal enemy platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc, imagine what our enemies can introduce into the mind space of a vulnerable population. Covid and American cities being burned in the name of social justice and crackhead come to mind regarding this zeitgeist.
Parenting skills are more important than ever, but everything is generational. If your parents didn't parent, you probably won't either. There are still some fine young people out there, and look no further than their parents for the reason.

Parenting skills are more important than ever, but everything is generational. If your parents didn't parent, you probably won't either. There are still some fine young people out there, and look no further than their parents for the reason.
Yep, I can't disagree! I've met some amazing young people who've been amazing astute in seeing the shenanigans for what they are. That said, there are a lot of young people who don't have positive role models in their lives. Many times that void is filled by unsavory criminal elements or counter cultural garbage that is pushed by soulless algorithms and mindless big tech think tanks.

Nurture/nature, free will/victim. I think that what you say holds merit; however, I think too many people believe in generational curses ("well, that's how I was raised") and use that as a foundation of victimhood, refusing to take responsibility for their actions. You can be raised by shitty parents and say, 'screw that, I am not going to be that father/mother.' But it's a choice, and often not an easy one. Hard to swim upstream against the culture and environment in which you grow up.

All of that said, I also think that healthy parents do in fact provide more moral and maturational stability, which is reflective in their kids.

You can be raised by shitty parents and say, 'screw that, I am not going to be that father/mother.' But it's a choice,

As with most things there are exceptions to the rule. I learned some of what NOT to do from my parents. As a child of the 80's and a typical latchkey kid, I was allowed to run free and learned about life by "touching hot stoves". To the silly rabbit's point about the current environment, parents today need to be more involved. Seems they just don't know how to parent and/or let society dictate how to raise their kids. But as I stated, there are still good young people walking the earth. My son attending West Point has restored some faith for me. He has made some good friends and I get to witness the future happening.

Last edited:
As with most things there are exceptions to the rule. I learned some of what NOT to do from my parents. As a child of the 80's and a typical latchkey kid, I was allowed to run free and learned about life by "touching hot stoves". To the silly rabbit's point about the current environment, parents today need to be more involved. IMO.

Yep, that was me. My dad died when I was 8, my mom was, ah, challenging. 99% of my parenting is me thinking, "what would my mother do?", and do the opposite.

I do agree about today's parenting challenges, and I see that with parents of some of my kids' friends. Then when something goes awry they act surprised and say "we didn't see that coming!" I'm like, really? Your kid could have broadcasted it on a loudspeaker.

Funny you mention that, "Cradle to Grave" (AKA Lifecycle Assessment) is actually a data concept. It means that they keep everything about a product from the very first time they become aware of/conceive of it through the last time they saw/sensed or retired it. It's used in business as part of aggregations to determine things like what features in a type of product helped sell it so that they can incorporate those features into new products or what type of marketing campaign will be effective.

In the specific case of big data, YOU are the product. Once you like or click (or hover over) something, there is a permanent link between you and that topic. Deleting the like, follow or even the account does NOT delete the data, it throws a flag in the database saying you deleted it, which flag is treated as another data point about you. Your best defense is idleness. Do nothing and there's no data to collect.

Funny you mention that, "Cradle to Grave" (AKA Lifecycle Assessment) is actually a data concept. It means that they keep everything about a product from the very first time they become aware of/conceive of it through the last time they saw/sensed or retired it. It's used in business as part of aggregations to determine things like what features in a type of product helped sell it so that they can incorporate those features into new products or what type of marketing campaign will be effective.

In the specific case of big data, YOU are the product. Once you like or click (or hover over) something, there is a permanent link between you and that topic. Deleting the like, follow or even the account does NOT delete the data, it throws a flag in the database saying you deleted it, which flag is treated as another data point about you. Your best defense is idleness. Do nothing and there's no data to collect.

Cradle to Grave is also a medical/nursing concept.

You're not wrong. That said, social media has become so ingrained in the fabric of society that not using it is akin to social isolation. It's terrifying how much social media has burrowed it's way into the consciousness of society, especially the young.

You're not wrong. That said, social media has become so ingrained in the fabric of society that not using it is akin to social isolation. It's terrifying how much social media has burrowed it's way into the consciousness of society, especially the young.
Great Congressional testimony by Tulsi Gabbard

Great Congressional testimony by Tulsi Gabbard
Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm certain a chunk of our intelligence apparatus has been ideologically compromised, demoralized for lack of a better term, by the Silicon Valley technocrats and corrupt DC beltway insiders. I think this technology is allowing the worst, most sociopathic, and psychopathic elements in our society, to wield untold influence and be rewarded for it.

These same elements are not only destroying our youth and cultural identity as Americans, they are actively destroying us as a nation.

Not sure where to put this, so I'll drop it Herr and @Ooh-Rah can move it as he sees fit.
Supreme Court weighs liability shield for internet giants

Social media companies/big tech have been playing both sides of the fence far too long. They censor content, particularly political content, they don't agree with, thus proving they have the capability to do so. But when it comes to liability of the content on their platforms they look away, essentially claiming they're just a carrier, like a utility.

I've said for a long time, that social media cannot have their cake and eat it too. Hopefully, this cases forces the issue.

Social media/big tech 100% should be held liable/accountable for the content on their platforms if they want to continue to censor content. As a result, if someone live streams a murder or some other horrific crime, as has been done numerous times, they are liable to the victim's family. Once this precedent is established, maybe we'll see more responsible use of these platforms...maybe.

Not sure where to put this, so I'll drop it Herr and @Ooh-Rah can move it as he sees fit.
Supreme Court weighs liability shield for internet giants

Social media companies/big tech have been playing both sides of the fence far too long. They censor content, particularly political content, they don't agree with, thus proving they have the capability to do so. But when it comes to liability of the content on their platforms they look away, essentially claiming they're just a carrier, like a utility.

I've said for a long time, that social media cannot have their cake and eat it too. Hopefully, this cases forces the issue.

Social media/big tech 100% should be held liable/accountable for the content on their platforms if they want to continue to censor content. As a result, if someone live streams a murder or some other horrific crime, as has been done numerous times, they are liable to the victim's family. Once this precedent is established, maybe we'll see more responsible use of these platforms...maybe.
They need to be held accountable for their political collusion with the federal government, for sure.

I'm concerned about holding them accountable for the things other people do, because "harm" is so widely-interpreted these days, we could end up with more (and worse) censorship than we had before.

They need to be held accountable for their political collusion with the federal government, for sure.

I'm concerned about holding them accountable for the things other people do, because "harm" is so widely-interpreted these days, we could end up with more (and worse) censorship than we had before.
I don't disagree. The solution? Hands off...no censorship at all - for good, bad, or other. But again, they can't have it both ways.

Back