California Banning the sale of Gas Powered Automobiles

Last edited:
Apparently electric cars aren't so good in wet weather...who would've thunk it? Sarcasm aside, there are probably going to be a lot of growing pains in this fantasy. (i.e Hope you charge it before the power goes out)

Also, self driving cars should be fun.

Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

Electric vehicles catching fire in aftermath of Hurricane Ian, Florida official warns

Good thing water puts out fire...oh, not electrical fires. My bad. That's quite the conundrum there, folks!

For sure. People seem to have a near-pathological fear of nuclear power. And some of it justified (Chernobyl, Three Mile Island, Fukushima). What's fascinating to me is the interests moving behind the scenes to promote green and denigrate nuclear in favor of their national interests.
3 mile island was so overblown.

Electric cars are not green, and this is about control and not saving the earth.

Government can significantly increase their control over our lives by limiting our ability to travel.

I can't do Randolph AFB to Hurlburt Field , or Randolph AFB to Tucson by car in one day if I have to make multiple charging stops.

Last edited:
This is going to do nothing but fuck up the already fucked automotive industry. I can imagine it's only a matter of time before some of them pull out of the Canadian market altogether.

Canada moves to mandate electric vehicle sales starting in 2026
I said it before earlier in this thread, the move to EVs is so misguided and short-sighted. Hydrogen is a significantly better long-term solution. It just needs investment in the infrastructure, which could be an easy conversion for existing gas stations, in the same way the EV infrastructure was built.

Hydrogen Fuel Cell should have been what we did instead of electric car subsidies.
Certainly worth the exploration. EVs are a bit of Faustian bargain. This is interesting article on Toyota's ventures with hydrogen as well as some general commentary on viability with an ICE:
Here's How Toyota Could Save The Internal Combustion Engine

There's certainly opportunity in the marketplace but marketing hype for EVs and lack of infrastructure are key hurdles that need to be overcome.

Certainly worth the exploration. EVs are a bit of Faustian bargain. This is interesting article on Toyota's ventures with hydrogen as well as some general commentary on viability with an ICE:
Here's How Toyota Could Save The Internal Combustion Engine

There's certainly opportunity in the marketplace but marketing hype for EVs and lack of infrastructure are key hurdles that need to be overcome.
Look up the Hy-Wire car. GM had great tech in the early 2000s when Toyota was shilling for hybrid subsidies and tax breaks.

What Happened to the GM Hy-Wire? - Eagle Ridge GM

My wife bought a Tesla 3 a few weeks ago. I have issues with her decision, but whatever.

One thing I'd never given any thought to, and it is relevant for the "climate" discussion, is how the car maintains itself. It's an EV, so it runs off the battery. Duh. Those batteries have environmental limitations, so the car uses the battery's juice to keep the car (and batteries) cool. Again, duh.

So think about that EV sitting in a Florida parking lot in July. Yep, your car loses "fuel" just sitting there. How much? I'm still working that out, but think of how many charges that car uses during its lifetime while parked. That's ONE EV. One. We think other manufacturers have a better system than Tesla or Tesla's is better than other manufacturers? Yeah, nah.

Back