California Banning the sale of Gas Powered Automobiles

My wife bought a Tesla 3 a few weeks ago. I have issues with her decision, but whatever.

One thing I'd never given any thought to, and it is relevant for the "climate" discussion, is how the car maintains itself. It's an EV, so it runs off the battery. Duh. Those batteries have environmental limitations, so the car uses the battery's juice to keep the car (and batteries) cool. Again, duh.

So think about that EV sitting in a Florida parking lot in July. Yep, your car loses "fuel" just sitting there. How much? I'm still working that out, but think of how many charges that car uses during its lifetime while parked. That's ONE EV. One. We think other manufacturers have a better system than Tesla or Tesla's is better than other manufacturers? Yeah, nah.

Now go the other way to most of the Northern lower 48, Alaska and Canada. Unless it's stored in a heated garage, you're fighting the freeze thaw cycle. Throw in the enormous distances between communities. EV's are not exactly ready. The deficiencies in the grid across North America should have been the first warning sign.

California bans internal combustion engines to go all EV, and a week later tells EV owners to stop charging cars because the grid is stressed.
Yeah, scalability of EVs is a real issue.

Sure, EVs can be supported to an extent in an urban setting. But, when you start talking about larger numbers (ie "most" people have them) in extreme environments as mentioned by AWP (deserts/high temp) and Rackmaster (extreme cold temp) and in rural settings as well as urban, it taxes the power grid considerably, not to mention some of the practical aspects of it.

As an example, I just took an 18 hour+ road trip to Montana. It's a trip I've taken many times and I know the route we'll, but it's also a route that requires some planning for fuel stops as much of the route is through unpopulated areas and very small towns that close up early. Could it be done in an EV? Sure but it'd take considerably more planning and take considerably longer since the range is more limited and many of the small towns on the route don't have charging stations. Will this improve over time? Probably, but the rest of the infrastructure must be improved and scale with it. That includes states revisiting how they fund highways without a gas tax. Then of course there's commercial vehicles (semi-tractor trailers) which aren't particularly conducive to the EV model.

It's almost like Californians had a chance to fire the guy pushing all of this silliness, yet chose to keep him in place so he could continue to stomp on their liberties...
...if it wasn't for the fact that so many other states use California as a test bed for the Marxist overthrow of the nation, I'd say 'fuck California, let them eat cake'

It's almost like Californians had a chance to fire the guy pushing all of this silliness, yet chose to keep him in place so he could continue to stomp on their liberties...
...if it wasn't for the fact that so many other states use California as a test bed for the Marxist overthrow of the nation, I'd say 'fuck California, let them eat cake'
Sad but true.

I agree with you per the bolded, but a lot of those idiots bring their degeneracy and cancer like tendencies when they leave Cali. This is me spitballing, but given the corruption and liberal election meddling something has to be done about that state. The cancer has to be stopped.

Between Silicon Valley, the entertainment industry, and their incestuous relationship with California govt (Pelosi, Newsom, etc), there is something wrong there. The corruption in California is so bad that we have public officials passing insane laws, while positioning themselves to make a profit from these enforced changes. Same goes for Eastern WA and OR.

These people are a threat, they are thieves and criminals.

I agree with you per the bolded, but a lot of those idiots bring their degeneracy and cancer like tendencies when they leave Cali. ... Same goes for Eastern WA and OR.

For better or for worse, my little slice of heaven is almost yearly on the 'fastest growing cities' lists and 'best places to do business lists', for many reasons...3 top universities, great economy, relatively decent cost of living, business climate. Many people come here from the left coast and northeast. Some of them are malleable and adapt well, some come conservative and happy to contribute, but many bring their liberalism with them which is making this already-blue area much more liberal than it historically has been.

My wife bought a Tesla 3 a few weeks ago. I have issues with her decision, but whatever.

One thing I'd never given any thought to, and it is relevant for the "climate" discussion, is how the car maintains itself. It's an EV, so it runs off the battery. Duh. Those batteries have environmental limitations, so the car uses the battery's juice to keep the car (and batteries) cool. Again, duh.

So think about that EV sitting in a Florida parking lot in July. Yep, your car loses "fuel" just sitting there. How much? I'm still working that out, but think of how many charges that car uses during its lifetime while parked. That's ONE EV. One. We think other manufacturers have a better system than Tesla or Tesla's is better than other manufacturers? Yeah, nah.
Don't park it next to your house.

For better or for worse, my little slice of heaven is almost yearly on the 'fastest growing cities' lists and 'best places to do business lists', for many reasons...3 top universities, great economy, relatively decent cost of living, business climate. Many people come here from the left coast and northeast. Some of them are malleable and adapt well, some come conservative and happy to contribute, but many bring their liberalism with them which is making this already-blue area much more liberal than it historically has been.
Why tolerate the bolded people? They're gonna foist the same failed policies on you and your children.

Tolerance is a virtue, but one can be too virtuous.

Why tolerate the bolded people? They're gonna foist the same failed policies on you and your children.

Tolerance is a virtue, but one can be too virtuous.
Hypothesis: that's the thing--all of the flight from liberal states isn't a bug, it's a feature.

First of all, they get rid of all of the pesky conservatives and moderates who were never going to support them or their policies. Win.

The liberals and leftists that leave blue states, they stay liberal and/or leftist when they move to red states. They keep their politics, they just pay less in taxes. So over time, and with enough of them, those transplants will turn red states purple, then blue. Win.

...and the people that remain in blue states are either uber-wealthy consumed by noblesse oblige, or they're impoverished and dependent upon government handouts and are thus reliable (or at least manipulable) blue voters in perpetuity. "Middle class? Never heard of her." Win.

So yeah, crazy-ass far left policies that are causing migration from blue states ends up a net win for the left.

Hypothesis: that's the thing--all of the flight from liberal states isn't a bug, it's a feature.

First of all, they get rid of all of the pesky conservatives and moderates who were never going to support them or their policies. Win.

The liberals and leftists that leave blue states, they stay liberal and/or leftist when they move to red states. They keep their politics, they just pay less in taxes. So over time, and with enough of them, those transplants will turn red states purple, then blue. Win.

...and the people that remain in blue states are either uber-wealthy consumed by noblesse oblige, or they're impoverished and dependent upon government handouts and are thus reliable (or at least manipulable) blue voters in perpetuity. "Middle class? Never heard of her." Win.

So yeah, crazy-ass far left policies that are causing migration from blue states ends up a net win for the left.
Hypothesis finding: True!

Fuck tolerance.

I don't have to like the Detroit Lions if I don't want to.
I don't give a fuck that they've never been to a super bowl.
I don't even live in Michigan - and I'm not moving there.
I'm not going to buy their tickets - and I'm not going to buy them for someone else - not even as a gift.
I'm not afraid of the Detroit Lions - I just don't give a FUCK about them.
I don't have a single fuck to give because Detroit-Lions-fucks aren't on the packing list.
Yet, there is a cross section of our nations leaders that seem hell bent on DEMANDING that I get all dressed up in Honolulu-Blue and wave a big foam finger that says "Detroit Lions #1" while loudly proclaiming my love and adoration of their team.
Well - I've got a big blue finger for those that would force free amercians to celebrate the Detroit Lions or any other shitty football team - and it isn't the finger that means "We're Number 1"
It's the finger that means - go fuck yourself
GO.FUCK.YOURSELF.
...seriously - go fuck yourself

So, I ask, exactly why is ANY free American expected to celebrate the Detroit fucking Lions at the risk of being treated like a lesser American if they refuse?

If a free persons own feelings are not to be tolerated - then it would seem like NOTHING is meant to be tolerated - something something yadad yada yada.

Fuck tolerance.

I'm not going to buy their tickets - and I'm not going to buy them for someone else - not even as a gift.
I don't have a single fuck to give because Detroit-Lions-fucks aren't on the packing list.
Yet, there is a cross section of our nations leaders that seem hell bent on DEMANDING that I get all dressed up in Honolulu-Blue and wave a big foam finger that says "Detroit Lions #1" while loudly proclaiming my love and adoration of their team.
Well - I've got a big blue finger for those that would force free amercians to celebrate the Detroit Lions or any other shitty football team - and it isn't the finger that means "We're Number 1"
GO.FUCK.YOURSELF.

So, I ask, exactly why is ANY free American expected to celebrate the Detroit fucking Lions at the risk of being treated like a lesser American if they refuse?

If a free persons own feelings are not to be tolerated - then it would seem like NOTHING is meant to be tolerated - something something yadad yada yada.
Deplorable. That's what you are.

Fuck tolerance.

GO.FUCK.YOURSELF.

Why do you know so much about the Detroit Lions? 🤔

Exactly! There has to be counter for this. Otherwise we will get more insane initiatives like the one in the thread title. Colorado is an excellent example of your hypothesis proving true.

While I would like to blame this insanity on government run amok, I think there is a criminal aspect to this as well. Between our intel & govt agencies empowering liberal govt officials, the manipulation of education & media, and the well known profiteering of public officials, there is something rotten.

The people profiting from this corruption and enabling it are enemies.

Back