California Banning the sale of Gas Powered Automobiles

T. Boone Pickens before his death, an oil magnate, invested massively in wind energy. Remember, the oil industry is an enemy of the Nuclear industry. The green assholes had a supporting front from the oil industry. A significant part of West Texas wind farms are owned by the Pickens family...people are smart, they can see where the subsidies are. Our grid will be super fucked because the government chose to give EVs precedence over Hydrogen. We have made ourselves now wholly dependent on fossil fuels for electricity in a lot of places.

Nuclear is significantly better for the environment than EVs are, think about if we had a grid that was 70% nuclear coupled with most of the vehicular fleet on elevated CAFE standards so your F-250 got 50MPG towing? And the next significant portion of the vehicle fleet was hydrogen powered? But nah, let's strip mine and slave mine for Tesla batteries. Mining Cobalt is incredibly dangerous btw, way more dangerous than say coal. And guess what, where they mine cobalt there ain't no unions.
T Boone Pickens also used his connections to get massive subsidies from Texas.

Eventually it gives up. How Gen X and younger respond will determine the outcome. Acceptance, and we are a 3rd world nation. Hold those in charge accountable, and the problem gets solved.

France gets 70% of its' electricity from nuclear, Belgium, Hungary, Slovakia,, and Ukraine (for now) get about 50%. Japan was about 25% before the tsunami. It's not like we don't have the capital and means ourselves to make something happen. We have all these damn hippies protesting nuclear and here we are, using rotten dinosaur for power.

I know that power loses juice through resistance of the wires but I don't see why we can't just build some mega facilities way out West where there's no flooding, hurricanes, tornados etc. and pump it back East or wherever. You'd think middle of nowhere Nevada or New Mexico would be all about having a nuclear plant in the side of a mountain somewhere just for the jobs. There's even small scale reactors that could be put all over the place and have less chance of meltdown. Shit, put one in my basement if the money's right...

France gets 70% of its' electricity from nuclear, Belgium, Hungary, Slovakia,, and Ukraine (for now) get about 50%. Japan was about 25% before the tsunami. It's not like we don't have the capital and means ourselves to make something happen. We have all these damn hippies protesting nuclear and here we are, using rotten dinosaur for power.

I know that power loses juice through resistance of the wires but I don't see why we can't just build some mega facilities way out West where there's no flooding, hurricanes, tornados etc. and pump it back East or wherever. You'd think middle of nowhere Nevada or New Mexico would be all about having a nuclear plant in the side of a mountain somewhere just for the jobs. There's even small scale reactors that could be put all over the place and have less chance of meltdown. Shit, put one in my basement if the money's right...

This and burying or tunneling the grid. Also building pieces of critical infrastructure, in North America.

Do the Chinese “own” our electric grids and other infrastructures?

This and burying or tunneling the grid. Also building pieces of critical infrastructure, in North America.

"Until the 2019 discovery of the hardware backdoors in the Chinese-made transformer installed at the Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) Ault substation outside Denver, Chinese cyber exploits were about stealing data. However, the installation of backdoors in the WAPA transformer was about taking control of the transformer"...."the Chinese transformer was taken to “one of our national labs,” and something was found in the transformer: “They found hardware that was put into the transformer that had the ability for somebody in China to switch it off.”

Well HOLY SHIT...,we have physical proof and they're still not doing anything...

There goes $4 mill. into a Biden family account.

"Until the 2019 discovery of the hardware backdoors in the Chinese-made transformer installed at the Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) Ault substation outside Denver, Chinese cyber exploits were about stealing data. However, the installation of backdoors in the WAPA transformer was about taking control of the transformer"...."the Chinese transformer was taken to “one of our national labs,” and something was found in the transformer: “They found hardware that was put into the transformer that had the ability for somebody in China to switch it off.”

Well HOLY SHIT...,we have physical proof and they're still not doing anything...

What exactly should they do? This was in 2019, Biden wasn’t even President then

What exactly should they do? This was in 2019, Biden wasn’t even President then
Lol, he sure as shit was in China's pocket at the time. Are we not talking about his crackhead son, Rosemont Seneca, or the Chicom energy official who got disappeared?

What about the "OrAnGe MaN BaD" crowd in govt that made talking about Chicom infiltration as "racist"?

Yep, open secret at this time. Especially considering how many of their students and engineers have funneled themselves into academia and other associated industries. We know who these people are.

That last sentence is it. That and the populace is brainwashed. Same country unleashed a bioweapon on the world and peeps were crying racism when you mentioned China.

Hopefully people wake up to the bullshit happening and realize we are under attack.

Keep bashing China and you will find yourself in a reeducation camp before you can say...
Well, just stop picking on China.

I sent a few emails to my elected representative suggesting that we change our national motto from "In God We Trust" which is inherently exclusive (It also pushes the boundaries of the separation of church and state) and opt for something that is much more acceptable to the modern global landscape...
"Communist China: They're not all that bad"

Get rid of all the chinese bought components to the nation grid as soon as they can, or at least dont get on TV and say China is not the problem when you damn well better know it is.

Good thing DoD doesn't have that problem. Oh...

2008: FBI worried as DoD sold counterfeit Cisco gear
2012: US Military Equipment Built with Counterfeit Parts
2023: CEO guilty of selling counterfeit Cisco devices to military, govt orgs

Folks, the Chinese own our networks. Period.

The fact that this can be all over the news and nothing has been done about it blows my mind. We are building some chip factories in the U.S. which is a start but probably won't see returns for at least 3 years or so. If we knew about this in 08 which means it was going on well before that, should have been fixed by now.

WTF? There's no preventing this? No microchip backdoor testing kit? Where are our nerds?

Keep bashing China and you will find yourself in a reeducation camp before you can say...

I sent a few emails to my elected representative suggesting that we change our national motto from "In God We Trust" which is inherently exclusive (It also pushes the boundaries of the separation of church and state) and opt for something that is much more acceptable to the modern global landscape...

The fact that this can be all over the news and nothing has been done about it blows my mind. We are building some chip factories in the U.S. which is a start but probably won't see returns for at least 3 years or so. If we knew about this in 08 which means it was going on well before that, should have been fixed by now.

WTF? There's no preventing this? No microchip backdoor testing kit? Where are our nerds?
They've been replaced by foreign engineering students and workers who have no loyalty or ties to our country. Same companies that were pushing woke progressive Kool Aid decided to outsource our nerds to China and India or undercut them via the H1B1 program.

Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco are excellent examples of this.

Is this before or after the big hootenanny? Cause I may or may not be worm food when that happens. :ROFLMAO:

Is this before or after the big hootenanny? Cause I may or may not be worm food when that happens. :ROFLMAO:

You post that as if "the big hootenanny" hasn't actually been underway for a generation or more.

We've got folks in real high places that have been beholden to foreign influence since me and a lot of others in this board were still getting praised for not pissing the bed. Folks who have no loyalty or ties to our country beyond that which can expand the size of their secret off shore bank account.
The same lawfully selected representatives that push the wokeness you speak of will eagerly spend mounds of taxpayer cash to pay for their legal defense, their corporate jet fuel, and their 1000 dollar a plate activist fundraisers.

Worm food?
Nonsense.
You've been a spectator for a lot longer than you think.

You post that as if "the big hootenanny" hasn't actually been underway for a generation or more.

We've got folks in real high places that have been beholden to foreign influence since me and a lot of others in this board were still getting praised for not pissing the bed. Folks who have no loyalty or ties to our country beyond that which can expand the size of their secret off shore bank account.
The same lawfully selected representatives that push the wokeness you speak of will eagerly spend mounds of taxpayer cash to pay for their legal defense, their corporate jet fuel, and their 1000 dollar a plate activist fundraisers.

Worm food?
Nonsense.
You've been a spectator for a lot longer than you think.
I'll be honest, I never thought such corruption existed until I saw it with my own eyes. Heck, even then I thought I was a tinfoil hatter. It's been odd seeing how brazenly open corruption has become. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined some of the wacky shit going on.

All I know is I'm ready to party like it's 1989. (I wasn't even alive then, but I hear the parties were amazing! :ROFLMAO:)

To follow up on the Winnipeg Clownshoe, even Ford's CEO has no idea what's going on.

Ford's CEO admits to a 'reality check' during F-150 Lightning Route 66 road trip

Again, a little bit of research goes a long way...further than an EV at least.

I find it funny that Ford is partnering with Tesla to provide greater access to Ford customers by using Tesla's chargers. Not a Musk fanboy despite my ownership, but right, wrong, or other Tesla is winning the EV game. Other manufacturers need to catch up or else they'll find themselves (sunglasses) out of gas .

To follow up on the Winnipeg Clownshoe, even Ford's CEO has no idea what's going on.

Ford's CEO admits to a 'reality check' during F-150 Lightning Route 66 road trip

Again, a little bit of research goes a long way...further than an EV at least.

I find it funny that Ford is partnering with Tesla to provide greater access to Ford customers by using Tesla's chargers. Not a Musk fanboy despite my ownership, but right, wrong, or other Tesla is winning the EV game. Other manufacturers need to catch up or else they'll find themselves (sunglasses) out of gas .
The only way I can see this really working long term is for the roads themselves to be energized, so that you're constantly charging while you're traveling. No one is going to want to take a 40+ minute break every 3 hours or whatever just to "gas up." This is especially true for autonomous driving; it's a whole lot less convenient when your sleep/work/whatever is interrupted like that while you travel long distances.

I don't even know if that's possible, much less how much it would cost or if there are health issues associated with it.

The only way I can see this really working long term is for the roads themselves to be energized, so that you're constantly charging while you're traveling. No one is going to want to take a 40+ minute break every 3 hours or whatever just to "gas up." This is especially true for autonomous driving; it's a whole lot less convenient when your sleep/work/whatever is interrupted like that while you travel long distances.

I don't even know if that's possible, much less how much it would cost or if there are health issues associated with it.

I'd think the tech is there, or close, considering you can charge your phone without a plug.

That said, while I'm no electrical engineer, building "charging roads" would be wlidly expensive and your energy loss would be cost prohibitive unless we had clean, cheap, renewable energy. If we had that all of this climate shit would go away and a small enough source of clean, cheap energy wouldn't require batteries or all of that infrastructure to power our homes or even our cars.

Which is how I can demolish almost any environmentalist's argument. The solution isn't banning plastics or EV's or whatever, it is clean, cheap, renewable energy. That solves almost everything.

But we aren't spending our money on that which is why I consider this climate nonsense to be a scam. We're hellbent on any solution BUT an energy source. COVID is a baby conspiracy compared to renewable energy. I could go on and on how broken all of this shit is, but the solution is clean, cheap, renewable energy. Nuclear power is a great stopgap except it takes a decade or two to build a new plant IF you can receive permission.

Energy solves, mitigates, or reduces so many of the world's problems and not just the climate. Clean water, more food, better quality of life, less poverty, the ability to support the populations of "emerging" (I prefer 'shithole', but YMMV) nations. Energy fixes all of this or we can ban plastic straws.

I should probably start learning Mandarin.

Even Russia has the forward thinking to build a small reactor on a ship and put it off the coast of Siberia. We are getting our asses kicked by France and India in nuclear. When was the last time you heard of an incident in one of those places? Of course we could do it.

Nuclear shooting out the ass, lightning bolts coming off the damn power lines there's so much juice, daisies and amber waves of grain flowing in the wind right outside the rural Kansas/Nebraska plant. But no. Let's fucc around till we find out...

Sounds like Minority Report...

Back