California Banning the sale of Gas Powered Automobiles

Hydrogen is a nogo. Pressurization, refrigeration, etc.

Plug-in Hybrid is the way to go for the vast majority of, well, America outside of commercial use cases. You could still generally be able to make it work even for rural applications. Especially considering the otherwise single purpose roofing on housing and barns, more real estate for paneling.

We've been looking real real hard at the Jeep Wrangler 4XE, as for current and potential employment plus overall "going around town" there's plenty of range on electric alone, and it's still a hybrid so you can go further as desired with better fuel economy than a standard Wrangler.

Ongoing multi-step game plan is to cement a position of "Fuck You" (bonus points if you know the movie) with a grid tied but completely self-sufficient solar power configuration. Not because I give a huge shit about the environment (I care, but I'm also realistic) but because I would love nothing more than to be able to have the family domicile AND transportation be as stand-alone and indirect fiscal upkeep free as possible.

Plus having enough range to be able to do the Rubicon trail on battery only is pretty tits. Just need to wire in a combination light blackout/kill switch for the fed noisemaker bullshit, for reasons...

Hydrogen is a nogo. Pressurization, refrigeration, etc.

Plug-in Hybrid is the way to go for the vast majority of, well, America outside of commercial use cases. You could still generally be able to make it work even for rural applications. Especially considering the otherwise single purpose roofing on housing and barns, more real estate for paneling.

We've been looking real real hard at the Jeep Wrangler 4XE, as for current and potential employment plus overall "going around town" there's plenty of range on electric alone, and it's still a hybrid so you can go further as desired with better fuel economy than a standard Wrangler.

Ongoing multi-step game plan is to cement a position of "Fuck You" (bonus points if you know the movie) with a grid tied but completely self-sufficient solar power configuration. Not because I give a huge shit about the environment (I care, but I'm also realistic) but because I would love nothing more than to be able to have the family domicile AND transportation be as stand-alone and indirect fiscal upkeep free as possible.

Plus having enough range to be able to do the Rubicon trail on battery only is pretty tits. Just need to wire in a combination light blackout/kill switch for the fed noisemaker bullshit, for reasons...
Non-Concur re: Hydrogen.

It's already being used safely and is being successfully tested in aircraft now:
Largest plane yet tested with hydrogen-powered engine

And it has some big backers:
https://www.axios.com/pro/climate-d...audis-back-hydrogen-aviation-startup-zeroavia

Due to efficiency and weight restrictions, battery powered engines aren't suitable for widespread aviation use.

HFCVs are widely considered safe. They may provide the right solution to some of the problems EVs can't currently get over re: long range hauling for tractor-trailers, etc.

Hydogen's biggest obstacle is infrastructure and the EV industry/backers.

Last edited:
The firefighter in me is a whole lot more comfortable with

• EV's burning up on the roadside
  • reigniting after on-scene extinguishment
  • needing an engine that used to work a car fire off tank water, having to take a hydrant
  • than having literal Dodge Challengers that live up to the 1986 experience.

I am going to say that you don't know what you don't know with regards to the viability of sole hydrogen compared to more conventional hybrid solutions. EV's are going to be getting a solid kick in the ass, as the most major downside isn't the ability to run for a day, Tesla already is able to, and their shit's... well, a poor rendition of a semi truck and totally not designed for the real world outside of DC based employment... but the ability to charge quickly. Even with a range limited truck, a 300-500 mile range would be workable given the ability to charge within 30 minutes or less.

You can't do it now, but there's battery technology currently on the planet that will do it and is in the process of being upscaled. I might know a guy. LOL

Electrical infrastructure is basically already there and it's a way quicker buildout especially in areas where truck stops already exist, than having the logistical headache incorporated with adding another fuel to the station.

The firefighter in me is a whole lot more comfortable with

• EV's burning up on the roadside
  • reigniting after on-scene extinguishment
  • needing an engine that used to work a car fire off tank water, having to take a hydrant
  • than having literal Dodge Challengers that live up to the 1986 experience.

I am going to say that you don't know what you don't know with regards to the viability of sole hydrogen compared to more conventional hybrid solutions. EV's are going to be getting a solid kick in the ass, as the most major downside isn't the ability to run for a day, Tesla already is able to, and their shit's... well, a poor rendition of a semi truck and totally not designed for the real world outside of DC based employment... but the ability to charge quickly. Even with a range limited truck, a 300-500 mile range would be workable given the ability to charge within 30 minutes or less.

You can't do it now, but there's battery technology currently on the planet that will do it and is in the process of being upscaled. I might know a guy. LOL

Electrical infrastructure is basically already there and it's a way quicker buildout especially in areas where truck stops already exist, than having the logistical headache incorporated with adding another fuel to the station.
Our charging infrastructure is there now, thanks government subsidies! BUT, our power generation infrastructure continues to degrade as we proceed down the green pathway.

I know that coal, oil, and natural gas were used to produce over 60 percent of the nation’s power - but haven't we replaced these environment killing power plants with green friendly electrical power plants?

...and don't even get me started on those nasty nukeular power plants - those ALL need to be shit canned before we end up with a bush of radioactive fish.

Because, something something thermodynamics.

Another way of saying that is that the Biden administration is going to use taxpayer dollars to secure a few more million dollars in kickbacks for some random program under the guise of being "green" even though they have no intention of trading in their private jets and huge security details and gluttonous appetite for fossil fuels while they force feed their ignorant voters, their royal court jesters, and citizen/subject sycophants a bunch of shit that is no better or worse than the current system...

...or something like that

Another way of saying that is that the Biden administration is going to use taxpayer dollars to secure a few more million dollars in kickbacks for some random program under the guise of being "green" even though they have no intention of trading in their private jets and huge security details and gluttonous appetite for fossil fuels while they force feed their ignorant voters, their royal court jesters, and citizen/subject sycophants a bunch of shit that is no better or worse than the current system...

No lies there.

solyndrasayswhat?

solyndrasayswhat?

what?

but seriously - if I could just figure out how to invest my money with the same ruthless precision used by our criminal representation right before they vote on the legislation that's about to make their newly purchased stocks worth 10 times what they paid for it...

Well, let's just I'd buy a giant Rosey-O'Donnell-Michael-Moore-sized ass load of Solyndra stock because our criminal representation does one thing better than most Fortune 500 investment managers and that is profit from their investments.
Shit, I'm fixin' to sell some fucking baseball cards I've been saving since the early 70's to buy some Burisma stock and some fucking Hunter Biden artwork, and as soon as I can figure out where to send the check, I'mma buy a few shares of Newsom stock to boot

Last edited:
what?

but seriously - if I could just figure out how to invest my money with the same ruthless precision used by our criminal representation right before they vote on the legislation that's about to make their newly purchased stocks worth 10 times what they paid for it...

Well, let's just I'd buy a giant Rosey-O'Donnell-Michael-Moore-sized ass load of Solyndra stock because our criminal representation does one thing better than most Fortune 500 investment managers and that is profit from their investments.
Shit, I'm fixin' to sell some fucking baseball cards I've been saving since the early 70's to buy some Burisma stock and some fucking Hunter Biden artwork, and as soon as I can figure out where to send the check, I'mma buy a few shares of Newsom stock to boot
I can remain silent no longer.
Just tell me what you all want sunk. I will do it. Trust me on this, I can sink anything.
Circuit City? I did that. Options.
Housing crash? I did that. Put my house up for sale and bought before selling.
So what do I buy that you all want to fail? Gimme a list. I try to use my powers for good.
I am the stock cooler.

what?

Expand the STOCK Act.
It's OK for members of Congress to hold individual stock in any publicly traded company...PROVIDED, every single trade is publicly shared/broadcast with full detail in REAL-TIME. Remove any protections to members of Congress for insider trading; no special exceptions.

Last edited:
So what do I buy that you all want to fail? Gimme a list. I try to use my powers for good.
I am the stock cooler.
You should do the whole world a favor and invest some money in the Clinton Foundation.

Expand the STOCK Act...
Remove any protections to members of Congress for insider trading; no special exceptions.
That is hilarious. All we need is a few staffers to tell their bosses, "just say aye" for such legislation to just slide right through.

That is hilarious. All we need is a few staffers to tell their bosses, "just say aye" for such legislation to just slide right through.
Of course it will never happen. The timing of trades and the protections from insider trading are what allows them to continue to game the system.

This weekend I found something on the Elon-mobile that probably exists on other cars, but I'm not a fan.

Here's a view of the Tesla control screen thingy.
IMG_9933_d901f253-3b97-4892-9876-b1e1447e3700.jpg

As you can see, the little bit on the bottom is your control center, analogous to the Windows toolbar...and about as big. Think about smart phones and typing on them, how easy it is to miss a button and do nothing or type the wrong thing. The control area per "button" is about the size of your fingertip. That should also give you an idea of the controls in relation to the driver.

We left a store, she noticed the screen was dirty and cleaned same, then we hit the road. Riding along, we felt warm and realized the a/c was bumped up to 81 when she cleaned. Whatever, just adjust it, right? She had the a/c controls all the way to the left, so to see where to tap, she had to rotate her head a little down and to the right. Now she's tap, tap, tapping away with predictable results. Miss some, make some, tap something wrong...

At one point, she missed the bar entirely and tapped a restaurant on Google maps. The reviews screen popped up, causing an additional distraction as our eyes instinctively looked towards the motion.

And her head's still down. Occasionally I watched her flick her eyes up to check the road, but her priority became adjusting the a/c. Amused by this nonsense, I kept my eyes on the road while she tapped away. We never drifted from our lane and there weren't any cars in front of us. We were safe.

But think about that, I doubt my wife is unique, and the screen's layout in relation to the driver forces you to move your head to reliably see or do anything on screen. With a normal car, my a/c controls are in the same place. I don't have to tap and scroll a toolbar for something basic like adjusting the temp.

A quick Google makes me believe this exists across other EV's. Ford's promo material:
ev-cars-09-ford-mach-e-ht-jc-210407_1617823061433_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg

See what I mean? She obviously isn't driving even though the material wants you to believe she's on the road. Maybe this is the future for gas and diesel cars, I don't know. A friendly piece of advice? Check the ergonomics of any EV purchase. Sure, a few people will devote hours to learning every common control without taking their eyes off the road, but not many. It isn't practical.

This weekend I found something on the Elon-mobile that probably exists on other cars, but I'm not a fan.

Here's a view of the Tesla control screen thingy.
IMG_9933_d901f253-3b97-4892-9876-b1e1447e3700.jpg

As you can see, the little bit on the bottom is your control center, analogous to the Windows toolbar...and about as big. Think about smart phones and typing on them, how easy it is to miss a button and do nothing or type the wrong thing. The control area per "button" is about the size of your fingertip. That should also give you an idea of the controls in relation to the driver.

We left a store, she noticed the screen was dirty and cleaned same, then we hit the road. Riding along, we felt warm and realized the a/c was bumped up to 81 when she cleaned. Whatever, just adjust it, right? She had the a/c controls all the way to the left, so to see where to tap, she had to rotate her head a little down and to the right. Now she's tap, tap, tapping away with predictable results. Miss some, make some, tap something wrong...

At one point, she missed the bar entirely and tapped a restaurant on Google maps. The reviews screen popped up, causing an additional distraction as our eyes instinctively looked towards the motion.

And her head's still down. Occasionally I watched her flick her eyes up to check the road, but her priority became adjusting the a/c. Amused by this nonsense, I kept my eyes on the road while she tapped away. We never drifted from our lane and there weren't any cars in front of us. We were safe.

But think about that, I doubt my wife is unique, and the screen's layout in relation to the driver forces you to move your head to reliably see or do anything on screen. With a normal car, my a/c controls are in the same place. I don't have to tap and scroll a toolbar for something basic like adjusting the temp.

A quick Google makes me believe this exists across other EV's. Ford's promo material:
ev-cars-09-ford-mach-e-ht-jc-210407_1617823061433_hpEmbed_3x2_992.jpg

See what I mean? She obviously isn't driving even though the material wants you to believe she's on the road. Maybe this is the future for gas and diesel cars, I don't know. A friendly piece of advice? Check the ergonomics of any EV purchase. Sure, a few people will devote hours to learning every common control without taking their eyes off the road, but not many. It isn't practical.
This is probably one of the features I dislike most about the Tesla, but it's not unique to them. It started with the Prius. After spending decades on intuitive and ergonomic driver centric interiors and experiences, all has seemingly been thrown out the window in favor of a center console mounted tablet -- let's be honest, that's all it really is. Although that MachE promo pic above, at least has somewhat of an instrument console in the intuitive, expected location.

There may be some configuration setting to change this, but when driving my friends Model 3, the speed was displayed in about size 30 font in the upper left corner of the screen, the rest of which continued to be cluttered with all kinds of other data.

As tech heavy as Telsa is, you'd think they'd at least put in a HUD or something like other manufacturers have done.

Still, this instrument cluster remains near perfection. It has everything a driver needs, nothing they don't -- all at a quick simple glance. If more info is needed, just cycle through the computer display:
20231016_123049.jpg

That said, I understand the world is changing whether I like it or not. However, that doesn't mean I need to accept mediocrity just because someone tells me some other technology is great. This is how we end up with a market of sub-standard products, like Apple. 😜

Last edited:
Back