Canadian SOF image compilation.

I can vouch for your statements having been inside that command, although in a direct support role; I have first hand knowledge of how tough it is to gain entry into any of the units in CANSOFCOM. I know of some serious soldiers that have tried and failed. Although given the nature of the CF as a whole and the use of conventional units in unconventional ways; it's not always necessary to be in SOF to do some "cool guy" shit. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, you were justified in doing it. ;) I was just backing you up, it needed to be done and I rarely have the energy for it any more. lol Some of these kids just need a good smack up side the head.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol Some of these kids just need a good smack up side the head.

:) Thanks dgamadg!
For the record, I'm seriously considering joining, and when/if I do, I'll seriously try my best going down that road. Lots of ifs, but shit, you gotta try if you want it. The alternative is pretty clear. I really didn't mean to come off as some smart ass that assumes he'll be able to coast through. Mea Culpa!! I know this won't be easy. I know this will be so fucking hard, it's highly likely I won't make it. I'm not delusional here.

If any CF personnel has tips for an aspiring civ, please feel free to pm me with your thoughts.

Those first pics are just stance shots. Show people how to take a proper stance when doing gunfighter type shooting.

Its from 2004.... When Aristide was kicked out. We sent CANSOF with a company from the RCR to first do a Non combatant Extration mission, which turned into a 6 month tour.

Here are two new ones. thought I'd update. CSOR Operators.

CSOR132.jpg

Members of the Canadian Special Operations Regiment slide from ropes from a hovering helicopter on to the roof-top of a training building at CFB Petawawa.

CSOR212.jpg

Members of the Canadian Special Operations Regiment take a break from trianing at CFB Petawawa

Dang, I couldn't edit my last post. anyway I wanted to post one more image of CSOR.

It's a painting called "Ghost Warriors" done by some dude. his paintings can be purchased at a website.
GhostWarriors2.jpg

I love art.

sw7hc5.jpg
A coalition soldier with Special Operations Task Force - South utilizes night-vision goggles while providing security overwatch during an operation to hinder insurgent activity in Maiwand District, Nov. 27, Kandahar province, Afghanistan.

Gas direct is the worst. Gas tappet/piston isn't so bad since the gas doesn't reenter the chamber.

Back