CCI Speer Gold Dot 2

Johnboy

Unverified
Good afternoon all.
At the range today and was asked to work the line with an OGA, while their guy went to chow.
A participant, had with them the Speer Gold Dot 2.
Have read a bit and most, not so great. It is a morphing of the excellent Speer Gold projectile and the Hornady Critical Duty. It is a bonded JHP, with a deep canalure in the waist of the bullet. The hollow cavity is filled with an elastopolymer.
Does anyone out there issue/use this?
If so, what has been your experience?
The other guys here today say that their office just received pallets of the stuff.
From my research, ( a lot ) the Federal Premium HST is the top dog these days, and what I carry across all flavours. Followed closely by Wincheter Ranger "T".
From what this kid told me, a very large agency is going in lock, stock and barrel with the G2.
Thank you very much in advance!
Respectfully
j

Why was the Old Gaffers Association at the range? Were the sailers gearing up to combat piracy?
Good afternoon;
It was a mixed group and one of their instructors had banged in sick.
There were some simply RQ'ing for their quarterly, some RQ'ing with off-duty. And most were there for their low light "chit". Since I was setting up for our gals/guys on an adjacent range, one of their line coaches asked if I would baby sit for a bit.
It wasn't a gearing up for anything in particular, just recurrence training.
Respectfully
j

Good afternoon;
It was a mixed group and one of their instructors had banged in sick.
There were some simply RQ'ing for their quarterly, some RQ'ing with off-duty. And most were there for their low light "chit". Since I was setting up for our gals/guys on an adjacent range, one of their line coaches asked if I would baby sit for a bit.
It wasn't a gearing up for anything in particular, just recurrence training.
Respectfully
j
Did I really get it right, it was sailors???

Obviously this isn't the be-all and end-all, but I like the shear volume and consistency of their tests.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/#9mm
I absolutely agree! Their postings have brought ballistics to all!
They have some pretty decent pricing to boot.
There are a few You Tube guys that have taken wound ballistics testing to a high degree of professionalism.
TNOutdoors 9 is my hero along with shooting the bull.
I have had a bit of hands on testing, when choosing a new issue load.
Real Kind and Knoxx ballistic gel when mixed to 10% or the mil spec 20% is a bear to work with in order to get consistent results. It is also very expensive. For me, I'd rather spend that money on training and allow the professionals to test. It also smells just awful!
Thank you!
Respectfully
j

Did I really get it right, it was sailors???
Yes! "HIT"
You are good!
I'm impressed!
U. S Navy and some NCIS Agents.
j

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to untuck my shirt shooting next to Ziva...

ziva_david___bond_girl___by_ever_winchester-d5b5w6b.jpg

:ninja:

The OGA guy's I ran into back in 2004, rode around low pro in Baghdad with interesting equipment and people in their trunks. They may have been sailors, or any mix of background, but I highly doubt they were NCIS, and I highly doubt NCIS would have approved of their prisoner transport method. Their CAC's actually said OGA on them...lol

Back