California Banning the sale of Gas Powered Automobiles

switching bag types--by itself--caused worldwide greenhouse gas emissions to rise FIVE HUNDRED percent?

I think the climate cult is a hoax and don't doubt that this policy had unintended consequences, but that kind of figure kind of strains credulity.

On the subject of "strained credulity" in 2024 America...
..women can have penises
...men can have babies

because muh' climate change

switching bag types--by itself--caused worldwide greenhouse gas emissions to rise FIVE HUNDRED percent?

I think the climate cult is a hoax and don't doubt that this policy had unintended consequences, but that kind of figure kind of strains credulity.
It's a study by the American Recyclable Plastic Bag Alliance, who's whole stated mission is to represent plastic bag manufacturers.
Can't find the study to see if it's being represented correctly here.

Apple just spent a decade on a multibillion dollar effort to make an EV. They have $73B in cash available and $113B earmarked for R&D projects. Even with all those resources and a target price of $100K per vehicle, they ultimately came to the conclusion that it's not viable.

and if mother fucking APPLE says that it isn't viable - then MAAAAYBE someone should just slow down and wonder why...
...if they aren't going to go all in on the "iCar" - ask yourself why the hell not
...especially when an "iCar" would damn near put Tesla out of business overnight.

credulity: cre·du·li·ty (krikri-ˈdü-lə-tē)
- readiness or willingness to believe especially on slight or uncertain evidence

Note that the Websters dictionary mentions "slight or uncertain" evidence.
Our governments ability to pull off the bullshit that they pull off is absolutely reliant on the public's collective willingness "to believe" based on ESPECIALLY slight or uncertain evidence

Another very good word to use that is nearly interchangeable in 2024 America is "gullibility"
We have gone WELL beyond strained credulity at this point - in fact, I am comfortable feeling like we are passing mile marker #naïveté and are well on our way over the border into the independent state of blind faith in our selected officials...

I kid - I kid...
All is well, remain calm.

Gotta love this.
Electric Cars Emit More Particulate Pollution
Where do most particulate emissions attributed to cars come from? California speaks as if their primary source is the tailpipe. That was true in the past. But today most vehicle-related particulate matter comes from tire wear. Cars are heavy, and as their tires rub against the road, they degrade and release tiny, often toxic particles. According to measurements by an emission-analytics firm, in gasoline cars equipped with a particle filter, airborne tire-wear emissions are more than 400 times as great as direct exhaust particulate emissions.
ETA: Heavier electric vehicles mean more tire wear.

That seems like a significantly lower amount than the 50k + that I expect from my VW.

In fact - with synthetic oil being in such wide use - it seems like an EV needs tires almost as often as I'm getting oil changes.

Back