California Banning the sale of Gas Powered Automobiles

According to the American Trucking Association, trucks move "72.6% of the nation's freight by weight." So the next step is California banning all diesel trucks. Then people in California will start to starve to death, leading to a revolution, lynchings of Democratic politicians and a restoration of sanity.
Nah. That would be great but California grows pretty much everything: citrus, avocados, grapes (wine/champagne/brandy), cows, pigs, etc. You name it, it grows there.

According to the American Trucking Association, trucks move "72.6% of the nation's freight by weight." So the next step is California banning all diesel trucks. Then people in California will start to starve to death, leading to a revolution, lynchings of Democratic politicians and a restoration of sanity.
That's not what happens, though. People in Blue states get fed up with the results of the politics that THEY created, and move to Red states with better taxes, lower crime, saner government, etc. But they don't leave their politics behind. So they move to Red states and agitate for the same policies that created the mess they fled from.

And that's why Blue flight to Red states is a feature, not a bug, of the system for Democrats.

That's not what happens, though. People in Blue states get fed up with the results of the politics that THEY created, and move to Red states with better taxes, lower crime, saner government, etc. But they don't leave their politics behind. So they move to Red states and agitate for the same policies that created the mess they fled from.

And that's why Blue flight to Red states is a feature, not a bug, of the system for Democrats.
^^ nailed it. We're seeing it happening right now in AZ.

And when we call them on it in public medias, they get super defensive. I know plenty of Californians whom are the most anti Californians I know of. They don't get mad when people hold the ones you're referring to accountable, because it's true and no way are insulted by it. But the ones bringing with the blue votes to recreate their dystopian lies, is what's doing the damage and they get super butthurt about it when we say don't Californicate our Arizona.

I'm originally from MA, I've seen the rants about them moving here, and it's all true and no reason to be butthurt over facts. The truth is supposed to hurt for a reason.

Austin and portions here in FL are seeing this as well.

I love the shitheads moving to FL then complaining about local politics...which created the conditions to make FL so attractive in the first place.
Ironically, the Texas Tech sector is seeing decent layoffs and the unemployed are going back to California. The non-tech sector immigrants are overwhelmingly Republican.
The cartels owning this side of the border isn't helping Democrats either.

People in Blue states get fed up with the results of the politics that THEY created, and move to Red states with better taxes, lower crime, saner government, etc. But they don't leave their politics behind. So they move to Red states and agitate for the same policies that created the mess they fled from.

I have a theory about this...
- Progressive Liberal thinking is a disease. It's an addiction. Progressive liberals are like drug addicts and alcoholics. It isn't a matter of leaving their politics behind - progressive liberalism is like a cult - those ideals and beliefs can't just be left behind - those ideals and beliefs are a way of life...
They can't fucking help themselves.

My private jet is so nice - it can't be contributing to climate change because I am fighting against climate change. My car collection can't be contributing to climate change, because I am fighting for climate change. I adopted a vegetarian diet because I am better than everyone else.
I blame other white people for being racist.
I even raise money for poor kids - because they aren't as smart as white kids. Why doesn't the right 'get it' - why can't don't conservatives recognize our moral superiority - why don't republicans understand that their concept of personal accountability and self reliance is an unattainable pipe dream - why won't they let me save them?

These assholes have no level of self awareness. Hell, they can't even understand that it was the policies and legislation that they agitated for that destroyed their state.
- It was republicans.
It was the conservatives - the ones that say racist shit like "get a job" and push insane concepts like their illusion of a ' meritocracy'- no way - it was the racist republicans that destroyed their state. They don't move to red states to ruin the state - the republicans are already ruining those states. Liberals move to red states so they can SAVE the state.

Because progressive liberalism is a disease - like drug addiction or alcoholism.
...and they think they have the cure.

Last edited:
Any type of extremism is bad. Far-left "progressive" extremism is particularly bad because it is absolutist and extremely divisive.

I think most leftists would happily stay in their deep blue enclaves where they don't risk being exposed to other ideas. But money and security are two of the most basic motivating factors in human nature, so off they go.

Nearly half of American electric vehicle owners want to go back to gas-powered cars: study

"The high percentage of Americans who want to make a switch even surprised the consulting firm...

...The biggest reason EV owners cited for wanting to return to owning a gas-powered vehicle was the lack of available charging infrastructure (35%); the second-highest reason cited was that the total cost of owning an EV was too high (34%). Nearly 1 in 3, 32%, said their driving patterns on long-distance trips were affected too much due to having an EV."

It's not rocket science, really, but state and federal governments remain full speed ahead with their mandates.

Nearly half of American electric vehicle owners want to go back to gas-powered cars: study

"The high percentage of Americans who want to make a switch even surprised the consulting firm...

...The biggest reason EV owners cited for wanting to return to owning a gas-powered vehicle was the lack of available charging infrastructure (35%); the second-highest reason cited was that the total cost of owning an EV was too high (34%). Nearly 1 in 3, 32%, said their driving patterns on long-distance trips were affected too much due to having an EV."

It's not rocket science, really, but state and federal governments remain full speed ahead with their mandates.

That's because those people are stupid and failed to make an informed choice. Despite my wife's ownership, I'm not a fan of EVs, but they can work if you spend about 5 minutes of your life thinking and problem solving.

The average EV owner made an emotional choice and I hope it renders them homeless and dying of tooth decay. They are stupid and don't deserve to overwork our trees for oxygen.

That's because those people are stupid and failed to make an informed choice. Despite my wife's ownership, I'm not a fan of EVs, but they can work if you spend about 5 minutes of your life thinking and problem solving.

The average EV owner made an emotional choice and I hope it renders them homeless and dying of tooth decay. They are stupid and don't deserve to overwork our trees for oxygen.

I’ve seriously considered buying an EV for commuting to and from work. I have a 25 min drive, and it would be nice to never buy gas. We have a big sporty SUV for other things.

I’ve never met anyone who hates their Tesla, but I just don’t think they are high quality cars. They are still a tech company more than a car company. I still think a diesel electric hybrid would be the best available option.

I’ve seriously considered buying an EV for commuting to and from work. I have a 25 min drive, and it would be nice to never buy gas. We have a big sporty SUV for other things.

I’ve never met anyone who hates their Tesla, but I just don’t think they are high quality cars. They are still a tech company more than a car company. I still think a diesel electric hybrid would be the best available option.

My wife works about 5 minutes from home and her longest trip is 2 hours one way to see family. When I say "5 minutes of research" I am not joking. Maybe 10 if you go down a rabbit hole, but Tesla supercharger stations are public knowledge...all charging stations are to be fair. Anyone claiming they can't find a charging station or whatever is a moron. Anyone who says they didn't know about the infrastructure failed to use this tool called Google Maps.

Tesla, for its faults, also makes it dummy stupid to own and operate the vehicle. You can run out of windshield washer fluid and drop it off at a maintenance shop for a free refill. I am not making this up.

And to your point about Musk? 100% agree. That's the far left equivalent of shooting cans of Bud Light or whatever over a dude dressed as Aubrey Hepburn. Just childish.

I agree with the diesel electric hybrid. I'm hoping that is the move forward with HD trucks. The gas hybrid coming the new Ramcharger is promising. Frankly it should be the same for any large SUV. We need a new full size SUV and I'd love a hybrid Wagoneer instead of the new EV version coming. Day to day, it's enough range but any trips to visit family, would be frustrating due to limited infrastructure.

Toyota abandons long-range EV plans to focus on hydrogen fuel cells - report

Toyota North America CEO Jim Lentz told Automotive News the Japanese car maker has conceded that battery-powered electric vehicles are only viable in specific and limited applications, following two decades of attempting to make a long-range pure-electric vehicle a reality.

"In short-range vehicles that take you that extra mile, from the office to the train, or home to the train, as well as being used on large campuses,” Lentz said, “but for long-range travel primary vehicles, we feel there are better alternatives, such as hybrids and plug-in hybrids, and tomorrow with fuel cells.”"

Toyota is trying to soft land people while they reiterate commitment to other technologies.

My neighbor hates her Tesla, she says customer service and quality sucks.

Back