Christmas Day Bombing in Nashville?

Pure speculation on my part, but I’m sitting here watching football and thinking it so I figured I might as well ask the question.

Isn’t this scenario similar to what the IRA did? Attempt to disrupt the government; yet also try to minimize collateral damage?

Minimize being the working word, they were not always successful.

The VBIED detonated at 0630, seemingly to reduce casualties due to foot traffic being low.

An audible warning from the car could also be heard prior to the explosion- telling people to evacuate.

SBY, I’m pulling the clip.

WTF. Dude appears to be casually walking his dog around the 3:20 mark; after the explosion.

No claims of responsibility yet?

Pure speculation on my part, but I’m sitting here watching football and thinking it so I figured I might as well ask the question.

Isn’t this scenario similar to what the IRA did? Attempt to disrupt the government; yet also try to minimize collateral damage?

Minimize being the working word, they were not always successful.

The Provos (PIRA) did usually but not always IIRC. The offshoots didn't.

There’s a traffic cam showing an RV they believe to be the vehicle that exploded.

I’m desperately trying to wait till we see some more information come out... because this whole incident is really making me tweak out a bit.
My stressors jumped watching this.
Dry run?
FD racing in before scene secured.
Who?
Why?

Could be a number of things.

1. Home grown terror/militant group
2. Local business that was hurting due to COVID and this gives them an easy insurance payout

Any others that are realistic? Not likely a religious extremist group that we've been accustomed too unless it is a group like Army of God.

The blast took out a network hub of the public telephony system.

The blast impact on the AT&T network center remain unlinked as investigators determine whether or not it was intentional impact (source: media coverage).

I don’t know much of anything about bombs. Would an explosion of that size be able to take down air traffic control communications from that far away?

The blast took out a network hub of the public telephony system.

The blast impact on the AT&T network center remain unlinked as investigators determine whether or not it was intentional impact (source: media coverage).

This whole thing seems weird. PA system warning people to get out of the area. Then being powerful enough to knock out the AT&T comms hub through basically a concussive blast, but not powerful enough to blow up the adjacent buildings? Seems pretty planned out.

However, if this was attempted to have a different result there wouldn't have been a PA Warning. Still weird AF.

This whole thing seems weird. PA system warning people to get out of the area. Then being powerful enough to knock out the AT&T comms hub through basically a concussive blast, but not powerful enough to blow up the adjacent buildings? Seems pretty planned out.

However, if this was attempted to have a different result there wouldn't have been a PA Warning. Still weird AF.

I agree.

Back