College Football

WHAT A GAME!!! THE Ohio State university pulled that one out of nowhere.

Yes! Probably the best game I have seen this year, maybe even in a while. THIS is the reason why I love college ball, and even think it is better than NFL. LET'S GO BUCKS! Next week, Iowa.

Also it will be most interesting to see how the playoff picture looks. OSU is definitely a contender once again now. The biggest obstacle will be the Big Ten title. But a final four? Still might be too early to tell, but most likely Bama, OSU, Georgia, and Clemson or Miami, since TCU lost. Alabama has and always will be overrated though.

Eh, maybe the browns.....and give or take the 49ers. But a PeeWee football team could beat them.
Well hyperbole aside- no a peewee team could not beat Alabama’s team. They’d be decimated.

Alabama could beat the Browns or SF or the Giants. Maybe.

So IMO they’re not overrated. Now or ever or always. They’re accurately rated by most football experts. As ‘really good’.

Well hyperbole aside- no a peewee team could not beat Alabama’s team. They’d be decimated.

So IMO they’re not overrated. Now or ever or always. They’re accurately rated by most football experts. As ‘really good’.

I think he was saying a Pee Wee team could beat the Browns. 8-)

I'm not a fan of the "Alabama can beat NFL teams" argument because even when pro teams are complete garbage, they are still filled with the top college players. I think the power and skill gap is too large. Every Browns player made it to the NFL, regardless of how bad the team may be. Not every Alabama player will go to the NFL, and of those that do there will inevitably be the guys who have no careers or are complete shit in the league.

IMO there is too big a gap between a college team and a pro team for a game to be fair, let alone for the college team to win.

Also it will be most interesting to see how the playoff picture looks. OSU is definitely a contender once again now. The biggest obstacle will be the Big Ten title. But a final four? Still might be too early to tell, but most likely Bama, OSU, Georgia, and Clemson or Miami, since TCU lost. Alabama has and always will be overrated though.

Ummm, you forgot to mention Bucky. The UW will beat Ohio in the Big Ten Championship and claim a playoff berth. You heard it here first.

Ummm, you forgot to mention Bucky. The UW will beat Ohio in the Big Ten Championship and claim a playoff berth. You heard it here first.

Not a chance. Wisconsin is still recovering after that 59-0 beat down :)

We will see after today. Going into The Shoe after last week is no easy feet... see what I did there?!?

Anyway, GO BUCKS O H I O.
Been off of SS for a little and coming back to this post... WOW. Would've never expected to be where we are at now. What a turn of events.

We live up the hill from the stadium. Every time Army scores in a home game, they fire the cannon.

There was a LOT of cannon fire on Saturday.

I work at Duke, went to grad school here, too. I pull for Duke sports, and against anyone else (except Navy), I would have pulled for Army.

Duke was supposed to be an 8-win team. Should have, too, with this talent. Army was supposed to be a speed bump, not a train wreck.

So glad it's basketball season for Duke.....

Back