College Football

I missed this post sorry. Tough loss to the North Texas Mean Green. It’s hard to imagine Army still has a winning season with so many top tier teams in their schedule.

Sorry brother, could you say that again? I can't year you over the sound of us going to a bowl game.[/QUOTE]
Toilet bowl?

Miami was finally exposed. They had so many games where they had to pull the win out of their ass it finally caught up to them.

'Bama looked out of sorts against Auburn. Game got a little weird near the end, but Auburn fought through it and held on for a good win.

Auburn is a school with a national title. The whole act like you've been there before as my father would have said.

Yep. I see it twice a year when Duke plays UNC in basketball. No matter what the ranking, whoever wins, they act like it's an expectation.

Yep. I see it twice a year when Duke plays UNC in basketball. No matter what the ranking, whoever wins, they act like it's an expectation.

Duke has a pretty damn strict no court storming policy. It is expected that Duke win every game.

They then go out in the quads and set giant benches on fire so, you know to each their own...

Auburn rushed the field like they've never beat Alabama before.

This particular rivalry is quite easily one of the most intense, most vicious rivalries in college sports. It’s bitter enough that the Alabama state legislature passed a resolution in 1947 to get the schools to end the 40-year game hiatus, then backed it up with a threat to withhold funding from both schools if play didn’t resume. Needless to say, it worked.

The cause of said 40-year hiatus? Officially, it was a disagreement over per diem for each school and how many players were allowed to attend. However, for the longest time, it was thought to be a safety issue because of the violence in both the game and the stands.

Abhorrent on its surface, sure, but the roots of that visceral hatred ran back to the still-fresh wounds of Reconstruction (this ought not come as a surprise). You see, back in the 1870’s, UA wanted any and all land from the Morrill Act to go to Tuscaloosa for use and control. When the city of Auburn ponied up land and buildings, the scalawags and Freedmen that were actually holding elected office let them start their own college (but not without a 4-year fight from UA and their numerous alumni holding elected office). Once the Radical Republicans were out of office, UA began an effort to end Auburn’s existence by starving it of funds. This obviously did not set well with the plainsmen, and the first football match-up was seen as an extension of the political bullshit. Too bad Auburn won that game, too. 😈😎

Tuscaloosa has gone on to grab money from Auburn, and even once from Montevallo (women’s college), just because they’re not part of the UA system. They’re crooked, and everyone knows it. But, y’know, football seems to be the only thing they don’t cheat at.

So yeah, any time Auburn defeats the pinnacle of arrogance, graft and worship of the past, it’s just like the first time all over again. The Bama fans hate it, the $250k fine is a drop in the bucket, and life goes on in this acid trip of a state.

So a couple of years ago during the beginning renovations of the Rose Bowl while Neuheisel was our HC. The Rose Bowl Operating Company installed hedges behind the sideline like you see at Georgia IOT stop any rushing of the Rose Bowl when we eventually came back and whacked USC. Also the amount of police and contract security that begin to line the field at the Mausoleum or Rose Bowl in the last five minutes of that game would make you wonder how many precincts were not manned.

Back