College Football

Like everyone I am curious to see what happens in a few hours. A close win against arguably the weakest scheduled top 10 team may not be convincing enough to move them three spots into the playoffs. I could see both arguments though.

I love it. Bama makes the CFP without playing for its conference's championship? They got a bye week.

I love it. Bama makes the CFP without playing for its conference's championship? They got a bye week.
I think had Ohio State curb-stomped Wisconsin, they'd be in. But a one-score win just wasn't convincing.

I have no problem with a one-loss Alabama being in.
Everyone knew this was going to happen. I am 100% a Buckeye (before I drank and partied and 2001-d myself out, I went there), so I am invested. But there was no WAY Bama was not going in. We all knew it.

Strength of schedule? Doesn't matter. No conference championship? Doesn't matter.

I saw something to the effect of, "No matter what the choice, the committee is either going to put in a 2 loss team for the first time ever or 2 teams from the same conference in for the first time ever... there is no way to do this without pissing off 40% of college football fans."

Really the only part I am pissed about? The Rose Bowl. The Big Ten champ plays the Pac 12 champ in the Grandaddy of them All, and because that's now a playoff semifinal game, that goes to UGA/OU?

Bullshit.

Really the only part I am pissed about? The Rose Bowl. The Big Ten champ plays the Pac 12 champ in the Grandaddy of them All, and because that's now a playoff semifinal game, that goes to UGA/OU?

Bullshit.

Agreed. For sake of tradition, that's a bowl they need to leave be.

Bullshit.

Yeah I have taken a bit of issue with this myself. Kind of ruins the bowl tradition that I grew up knowing. Apparently these playoff games rotate among the "New Years Six" (the Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta, Cotton, Peach). And with a full month between announcing the semi finalist and actual play, I see no reason why they can't match those teams (conferences) with a traditional/matching bowl game. OU vs UGA, easy choice, the Cotton Bowl. Bama vs Clemson, Sugar or Orange, either works. But, unfortunately, the NCAA did not call me again this year to ask my opinion...maybe next year...

"The woman said that this past weekend, through a conversation with a friend, she started "recalling images and feelings of him forcing his fingers" inside her and biting her."

"Chance also said that the woman was trying to pursue a relationship with Anderson after Nov. 16 and filed the protective order only after he rebuffed her."

If it went down like the article states, this seems sketchy as hell.

"As of Tuesday morning, no charges had been filed against Anderson. He was ordered to pay the court costs in the protective order filing."

Wait, what? Someone makes a legal filing against you, and before there's even an arrest, much less a trial or conviction, you have to effectively pay a fine for it?

Last edited:
Back