College Football

I work at Duke, went to grad school here, too. I pull for Duke sports, and against anyone else (except Navy), I would have pulled for Army.

Duke was supposed to be an 8-win team. Should have, too, with this talent. Army was supposed to be a speed bump, not a train wreck.

So glad it's basketball season for Duke.....

If you thought the Duke game was a train wreck, just wait for the Navy game. #Commander'sCup

You mean with a Navy win? Cause last year, that was an aberration. Army won because it was written into the Constitution that Army has to win once every other decade.....

I don't know brother, Navy is already making excusesfor why they're going to lose to Army (again) this year.

It took three straight losses — including, most painfully, to Army — for Navy’s football coaches to start talking about their players’ shoes.

"Damn, we lost to Army. How do we explain this away?"
"I know, we'll blame it on white socks and Iranians."
"No, that will never work."
"Ship collisions and SEAL shenanigans?"
(stares Navally)

"...maybe the shoes?"

Yeah, the shoes made the difference. Good thing no other college football teams have to wear shoes all day!

Last edited:
I don't know brother, Navy is already making excusesfor why they're going to lose to Army (again) this year.

It took three straight losses — including, most painfully, to Army — for Navy’s football coaches to start talking about their players’ shoes.

"Damn, we lost to Army. How do we explain this away?"
"I know, we'll blame it on white socks and Iranians."
"No, that will never work."
"Ship collisions and SEAL shenanigans?"
(stares Navally)

"...maybe the shoes?"

Yeah, the shoes made the difference. Good thing no other college football teams have to wear shoes all day!

While it may be true that the shoes can cause some concern (after all half the team is Marine option and can't get past Velcro), the Goats will rally to end the season with a 'W' against the Black Ki-nigits.....

This is pretty nice from the U WVa. Marching Band.

That may be....one of the coolest things I've ever seen on a football field. I cannot imagine the practice and discipline it must have taken to execute that. The rolling tank and then the submarine were off the charts!

Now that the college preseason is over, the only game that really matters is coming up this Saturday. With both teams in the top 10 (perhaps in the top 5 after tomorrow), it’s going to be a great one.

That being said, WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

Faker Shitfield was doing all of that and more during the KU game.

Yes, UCLA lost, should not have, if USC was any good we'd have lost by 50. USC is 3-8-1 ATS.

That is, quite literally, a shot across the bow.

NAUTICAL HUMOR.

"Nautical" humor? More like "not winning" humor. Where you at, @Teufel ?[/QUOTE]
I missed this post sorry. Tough loss to the North Texas Mean Green. It’s hard to imagine Army still has a winning season with so many top tier teams in their schedule.

"Nautical" humor? More like "not winning" humor. Where you at, @Teufel ?
I missed this post sorry. Tough loss to the North Texas Mean Green. It’s hard to imagine Army still has a winning season with so many top tier teams in their schedule.[/QUOTE]

Sorry brother, could you say that again? I can't year you over the sound of us going to a bowl game.

Back