College Football

There are a lot of "undercard" events leading up to the big Army/Navy game this Saturday. The Army/Navy Boxing Classic used to be one of them. Army normally dominates this competition. Navy bowed out last year, citing "safety concerns." ...and apparently it happened this year too. :(

Navy Backs Out Of Army/Navy Boxing Classic (Again): "The Most 'Beta' Thing I've Ever Heard" • The Havok Journal

View attachment 20496
Super weak. I don’t get it. Two years in a row.

Apparently they can box each other (at least in the movies) but not anyone from West point.

As funny as that is, FSU was screwed and I say that as a guy who grew up hating on Free Shoes University.

The committee took the coward's way out.
I say this with zero dog in the fight, my team is so bad (MN Gophers) that next year they’ll be barely be blips on the radar of the updated Big10, but should FSU been given the spot when there is zero doubt that they’ll be rolled over without their QB?

That said, I knew damn well that Bama was going to get the spot. #FollowTheMoney

I say this with zero dog in the fight, my team is so bad (MN Gophers) that next year they’ll be barely be blips on the radar of the updated Big10, but should FSU been given the spot when there is zero doubt that they’ll be rolled over without their QB?

That said, I knew damn well that Bama was going to get the spot. #FollowTheMoney

I agree on Bama. Reading the criteria to make the playoffs, the only "out" for the committee is the line about a significant player being injured. When someone has to make the argument that "technically" it was the correct decision, usually means it wasn't and someone is spinning the truth to fit their beliefs.

We live in a world where the only team I like in the final 4 is Washington. Meh. I do love the deliciousness of Harbaugh's alleged play stealing team making the playoffs. That's funny.

It's all just a beauty pageant. The "rules" are so subjective.

It'll be fun when all the teams come from the same conference.

The committee uses mental gymnastics, it defies logic, really.

If the injury is important to the decision, then why did they leave Florida State in the top four since the injury?

If it's about a body of work and looking at a program in totality, how do they justify Alabama needing to convert a fourth and goal from the 31 to beat a 6-6 Auburn?

If it's about how teams look today as opposed to earlier in the season, why aren't there more teams in the top four who had early season losses but are playing better ball now? They reward teams who win. Except Florida State.

Last Saturday, it was “War Damn Dawgs.” I’m down with “Go Big Blue Eagles” for the CFP. I’ll pull for anyone who’s playing against Alabama.

Except Ole Miss. I’ll be pulling for SMOD to crash full on into whatever stadium this craven bullshit orgy of fuckcissitude passing as football is hosting while Layne Kiffin takes it up the ass with Nick Saban’s trachea used as a strap-on worn by an angry midget in a blue and orange singlet and a purple fedora.

I’m just sayin’

Getting paid 4 million to probably get crushed by Oregon, GO FLAMES!!!
Dust Off Nfl Draft GIF by SportsManias

Georgia proved the CFP committee got it right... FSU didn't belong.

Michigan and Alabama game was good. Corum and McCarthy are gamers.

Back