Covid-19

Anybody else seeing governors and mayors of liberal enclaves speak on the removal of tyrannical mask mandates?
The toads are saying, masks are now optional, please be respectful of those folks that choose to keep masks. No shaming or discrimination of those folks.

FUCK YOU! For 2 years of the 2 week slow the curve, those of us that did not wear masks were shamed, especially by those in government, by the ilk that bought into lord Fauci, prevented from entering buildings and so on.

Hypocritical bastards

How many times do I have to say...this shot was not an immunization. There's no such thing as a "breakthrough infection" no matter how much governmental crap they said during the trials to push you to get vaccinated...it ended up stopping absolutely 0 transmission. Even when they were touting Crazy high figures in early studies - stops 92% transmission blah blah blah.

Why Some People Still Haven't Gotten COVID

So this is the stupidity of COVID-19 Mask policies.

Yesterday I spoke at ASU, their mask requirement is no longer up for walking in the hallway or being seated in a lecture hall. There is also no social distancing requirement. But if a student came up to the professor to speak with them, but not the guest speaker, they needed to wear a mask.

I was not around for a lot of this discussion. There is a lot to unpack, but I want to throw in some of my thoughts:

I am all for people wearing masks if they want. I do not know who is immunosuppressed/compromised. I personally will probably wear a mask on airplanes forever, and in massively crowded public spaces as well. I haven't had a cold/flu in over 2 years, and dodged COVID, despite intubating COVID positive patients, and being in non-tested peoples airways for the last year and a half. Fit tested N95's work great.

I do find it hilarious that many people (not anyone on here, these are generalizations) who have the comorbidities which are most likely to cause serious sequelae, are the most resistant to both vaccination, and masking. Seeing an obese patient, with vascular disease, who smokes, running his mouth at the grocery store about wearing a mask is ironic. In my own life, seeing those who are high risk being the most vocal, then getting severely ill has been shocking(not really). One of the things that surprised me the most about this pandemic was the profound lack of understanding in our population about risk. Risk being both absolute and relative. People do not understand the difference, and I don't think it was ever more apparent than during this pandemic. People see "only 2% or less die", but they do not take into account their relative risk. Yeah it is unlikely, but it can be significantly more likely if you do not wear mask, have comorbidities, and are unvaccinated. Increase that risk more if you routinely are in the presence of those that are/could be sick (refusing to social distance).

In my opinion, we are lucky that COVID broke the way it did. Luckily it broke to become more infective, while less severe, rather than more severe.

My last thought: ++++++++THIS IS NOT WHAT I THINK HAPPENED!!!!+++++
Imagine this was planned. A small not very deadly disease is released on purpose. IO techniques are utilized to erode public trust in public health professionals. Vaccine science is called into question, and the methods of protection are politicized to the utmost. This bad actor has purposively and effectively set the stage for a much more effective bioweapon attack in the future. In this scenario, the stage is set perfectly. Lack of trust in science, an effective politicization of the protective measures, a tired population refusing to do as they are asked. Scary.

Last edited:
Welp, I got it myself and am sitting in one of the ISOFACs here. Getting to make a whole lot of new friends in the communal bay. I should have realized something was up when I couldn't make it 2 miles this morning at a 10 minute pace without having to rest.

I guess the vax in the service was actually not compulsory even though we were kicking people out? Poster for the 1AD ball says Proof of Vaccination required at the door. Which shows how stupid we are as a service.

I guess the vax in the service was actually not compulsory even though we were kicking people out? Poster for the 1AD ball says Proof of Vaccination required at the door. Which shows how stupid we are as a service.

Civilians can attend balls too. And while past policy said civilians are mandated to get the vaccine there is now a current stay on that order.

I imagine that's being driven more by the venue than by the chain of command, but still, I thought we were past all of that. I very much want to go back to the "my medical information is none of your fucking business" days.

Back