Election Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last decent cabinet fielded by a Republican president was under Reagan. Maybe Bush 41?

Decent human beings willing to serve at the highest levels of government are few and far between these days.
I thought GWB put together a dream team, but quickly found out that a lot of people in government actually suck.

A lot of the same folks, not the same boss.

A federal judge ruled today that the VP essentially has zero executive branch power and instead still falls under the legislative branch as they are the President of the Senate. Just thought that this was an interesting take, and I can see why they made the ruling, but I’m now more curious as to how this changes VPs moving forward.

“Any such movement is significant, as it sets a precedent that potentially can expand at a later time, in a different circumstance,” said Mark Rozell, a George Mason University political scientist who specializes in executive power. “The vice president is now acknowledged to possess a form of privilege by virtue of his or her legislative role, something that a president cannot claim.”

Last edited:
A federal judge ruled today that the VP essentially has zero executive branch power and instead still falls under the judicial branch as they are the President of the Senate. Just thought that this was an interesting take, and I can see why they made the ruling, but I’m now more curious as to how this changes VPs moving forward.

“Any such movement is significant, as it sets a precedent that potentially can expand at a later time, in a different circumstance,” said Mark Rozell, a George Mason University political scientist who specializes in executive power. “The vice president is now acknowledged to possess a form of privilege by virtue of his or her legislative role, something that a president cannot claim.”

Falls under judicial branch because of the role of president of the senate? Not under the legislative? That's...odd. I had not thought about the split power between POTUS/VPOTUS, one executive, one legislative.

Falls under judicial branch because of the role of president of the senate? Not under the legislative? That's...odd. I had not thought about the split power between POTUS/VPOTUS, one executive, one legislative.
Fuck you’re right. Legislative. Haha that’s what I get for texting and listening to my wife talk.

Fuck you’re right. Legislative. Haha that’s what I get for texting and listening to my wife talk.

No judgment from me, Friend. I used to be able to multitask; now if I don't give something my undivided attention I end up fucking something up...

A giant wasted of our extorted tax dollars, not to mention, abuse of power from the shills in NYC DAs office.

I don't have to say it here, I'm no staunch Trump supporter but, this is blanttly wrong. In the immortal words of tater in chief, "come on man!".

I have never been a bigger Trump supporter than I am now.

This could hurt Democrats initially because of the bullshit nature of the charge...and the fact that Alvin Bragg--who owes his career to his obsession of persecuting Trump--tried his damndest to find a crime to fit the person. Who does that? Usually the person commits a crime and then you charge him.

I'll be very surprised if Trump's lawyers don't tear this whole fucking fiasco to shreds.

I think the possible drawback for the GOP here would be if conservative anger over this and Trump martyrdom causes a split in the Party.

Exactly. I despise the term "MAGA republicans", it's so devisive from conservatives/independents, the left love it because it is a "terrorist" belief.

That said, Trump supporters need to breathe and not go patriot ape shit, further giving the leftists a reason to call us domestic terrorists.

I hope Trumps lawyers tear the asshole out of this, it's a kangaroo court.

This could hurt Democrats initially because of the bullshit nature of the charge...and the fact that Alvin Bragg--who owes his career to his obsession of persecuting Trump--tried his damndest to find a crime to fit the person. Who does that? Usually the person commits a crime and then you charge him.

I'll be very surprised if Trump's lawyers don't tear this whole fucking fiasco to shreds.

I think the possible drawback for the GOP here would be if conservative anger over this and Trump martyrdom causes a split in the Party.

Yup, this case really feels like it ran backwards.

Maybe it's a case of "we looked at the Stormy Daniels thing and actually found other illegal business dealings", but aside from that this case is weak as shit.

The closest thing to a real case is currently the one in GA, but I thing Bragg wanted the "win" for being first. Problem is he probably needed to rewatch The Wire first.

Yup, this case really feels like it ran backwards.

Maybe it's a case of "we looked at the Stormy Daniels thing and actually found other illegal business dealings", but aside from that this case is weak as shit.

The closest thing to a real case is currently the one in GA, but I thing Bragg wanted the "win" for being first. Problem is he probably needed to rewatch The Wire first.

The Wire was an awesome show. Baltimore is a shit hole, looks just like Philly, oh, both Democrat run cities. Lol

Americans better brace themselves to see '45' behind bars - even if its only a 30 day hitch for stepping on a crack.
Because, 'break your mothers back' - and all that jazz

Grand juries and indictments like this aren't done just so they can televise the 'perp walk' - they are done to send a message.
Besides, does any one really think that once the carefully picked jury has been stacked - and the totally nonbiased and apolitical judge has returned his verdict - that Merrick Garland (or anyone else in the current administration for that matter) is going to intervene?

I wouldn't even expect a pardon when the POTUS for life leaves office in 2032

34 counts of...

THIRTY-FOURTH COUNT: AND THE GRAND JURY AFORESAID, by this indictment, further accuses the defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE, in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows: The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about December 5, 2017, with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, a Donald J. Trump account check and check stub dated December 5, 2017, bearing check number 003006, and kept and maintained by the Trump Organization.

newest one quoted, the rest are the same but older. No election charges at all. This gets tossed. It also gets slammed in all but the most liberal media, worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back