Election Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a lot wrong with this.
1. You have a state where you can create a military ballot out of thin air
2. BUT military voting declined by 80%?

A battleground state, one that cost Clinton the election in 2016...and the shit above exists? Insane. But, digging into the link, I found something almost as stupid.

Brandtjen clarifies source of her military voting numbers

After The Daily News could not match Brandtjen’s numbers provided in a Tuesday press release announcing the drop in military voting, Brandtjen has since contacted the newspaper and shared her data.

Brandtjen, R-Menomonee Falls, had conducted a specific data request with WEC, which comes with a fee, in order to get a detailed list of all registered military voters as of Nov. 21. The Daily News acquired its data directly from the WEC website via publicly available documents, but counted all issued military absentee ballots issued rather than those returned and approved. In both cases, a sharp decline in active military voting was observed from 2020 to 2022.

Where is the Space Rock of Absolution? You have to pay for the "real" data because a PUBLIC body won't publish the data. A "news" organization that doesn't know the above is a thing or knew and chose to "do it live" with whatever numbers it could find...then it challenged the Rep. to make her data public when it differed from the "news" organization.

To recap, in the "great" State of Wisconsin, you can fake a military ballot and STILL have a decline in voting. The government organization responsible for that data makes you pay to see the actual numbers which means the publicly available information is incorrect or incomplete. An elected official had to pay for that data. A news organization decided to call out said elected official when their numbers didn't match...instead of emailing or calling their office first.

And people wonder why I don't trust anyone and hate just about everyone? Election Results, please...

I don't care if we're talking about a presidential election, prom king/ queen, or if 4 out of 5 dentists really chose Dentyne, I will not entertain a discussion if the parties can't admit that fraud, corruption, bias, and rank incompetence exist in elections. Don't tell me an election is legit, tell me it is...93% legit or 97% legal or whatever. Don't look me in the eye and tell me we can trust the election results, don't play yourself like that.

ETA: amlove received a like because...what emoji does one use for that story? All of them apply, so I went with low effort.

Will calling for suspension of the Constitution to declare himself president because of the Twitter story lead republicans to turn on Trump in favor of DeSantis?

https://truthsocial.com/users/realDonaldTrump/statuses/109449803240069864

There have been a few comments either calling this Bonkers or stating the GOP should push for Article 5 convention of states to rewrite the Constitution.

Expect more will come out from senior GOP leaders tomorrow after the coordinate a response.

ETA: Added screenshot in case the link doesn't work. TruthSocial gets buggy sometimes

Screenshot_20221204_170040_Chrome.jpg

Article 5 has been long overdue, but not in this context/case.

As for the former president’s idea here? No. Not only no, but fuck you and no. Eat a bag of dicks.

If there is a problem with politics in America, you disband the politics, both sides, not the constitution. And I’m willing to get as violent as you’d like to emphasize that point. “When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.” - Thomas Jefferson.

DeSantis is already light years ahead of Trump; Trump declared too early, got suckered into the dinner with Ye and Fuentes. Even the branding was off (“Desanctimonious” fell hilariously flat). He’s dead in the water. Just have to wait for rank and file to catch up.

There’s a remarkable righting of the ship coming on both sides- wish it was a reckoning, but I’ll accept a changing of the guard.

Will calling for suspension of the Constitution to declare himself president because of the Twitter story lead republicans to turn on Trump in favor of DeSantis?
As a Republican, I cannot help reference this Star Wars scene. I believed in him, I really thought he was going to lead the Republican Party into years of prosperity. Instead he’s divided us (I’ll likely get hate for this post) and that division is costing us elections.

So, I think I needed to vote absentee in Arizona instead of registering in Texas...because the wonderful people of Arizona voted in a racist as Governor.

https://www.12news.com/article/news...hobbs/75-67f8e9ef-ca1d-42ed-81ad-8475b80c2c70

Fired staffer says she will file notice of claim against gubernatorial candidate Katie Hobbs

This real piece of shit used this situation in campaign emails and attempted to slander the claimant after she lost two different jury trials. Maybe Kari Lake was a bit too close to Trump or maybe too many Californians moved into Arizona and changed the dynamics of the state.

All this time and Orange Man bad is still living rent free in some of y'alls heads. :rolleyes:

Meme fits:

1670217516336.png

Nikki Haley announces 2024 Presidential Campaign

So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

I don't hate this move. I actually hope she does super well in the primary and ends up with a VP spot on a DeSantis ticket, but depending on how she does, I like Nikki Haley and her experience.

She's definitely going to be able to capitalize on 3 or 4 areas that aren't available to her opponents- she's experienced in government, intersectional. young, and definitely not Trump or DeSantis. She'll grab a lot of the moderate soccer mom voters that absolutely won't vote for Trump and has the chance to take a lot of those folks on the Dem side.

There are essentially millions of people that will come out and vote blue JUST because it's Trump, and to a lesser degree, DeSantis. Just depends on how the machine works against those two. Haley could take some portion of that cohort that are forces to pick between an old white guy (bad) and a younger intersectional woman leader (obviously better).

We shall see.

There are essentially millions of people that will come out and vote blue JUST because it's Trump, and to a lesser degree, DeSantis. Just depends on how the machine works against those two. Haley could take some portion of that cohort that are forces to pick between an old white guy (bad) and a younger intersectional woman leader (obviously better).
The machine will work against Trump, for sure. The MSM no longer allows him any exposure. Haley and DeSantis (if he runs) will at least get some air time. On the other hand, Trump doesn't need any facetime. We know what we're getting.

There are issues establishment Republicans like DeSantis and Haley will have to give on if they want to beat populist Trump. People like Trump's policies.

She's definitely going to be able to capitalize on 3 or 4 areas that aren't available to her opponents- she's experienced in government, intersectional. young, and definitely not Trump or DeSantis. She'll grab a lot of the moderate soccer mom voters that absolutely won't vote for Trump and has the chance to take a lot of those folks on the Dem side.

She's definitely going to check a lot of boxes that other candidates may not, in both demographics and experience. I don't see her pulling from Dems, but for sure D-leaning independents might go for it.

If I remove my personal politics from the equation, I honestly think her with DeSantis as VP would have a higher chance of winning than the reverse.
It softens some of DeSantis' policies that might push independent voters away, while allowing the GOP to position itself as having the more diverse field. Lot harder to generalize the party as racist/sexist if the nominated candidate is an Indian American woman with immigrant parents.

None of that matters to get people to vote against Ol Joe though. Only way GOP doesn't win outright(at this current moment) is to nominate Trump, and even then I would expect a close election.

I don't know how she polls with all women across the political spectrum.

So not her specifically, but just generalized off of some voter data I've seen;

She'll lose independent single issue/high issue female voters depending on the issue of abortion.

Independent white women seem to be more likely to be swayed by a female candidate than other genders/races. Probably work in her favor.

Minority women are less swayed by female, but her minority status may create a bigger swing.

Again, the above is all just top of the dome generalizations I've seen. Could be better or worse than what I'm remembering.

@Cookie_ don't diasagree with much you said, but I don't think the GOP could get behind Haley in such a way that they let DeSantis take the VP spot. His record is much better, he's easily the hottest R not named Donald. He's absolutely great in debate and he has one thing Haley doesn't- presence and leadership on a national stage. Until proven otherwise, he's "America's Governer".

His handling of the attacks thus far have also been near perfect.

I said it before somewhere- best possible scenario is a bloody but productive primary, DeSantis gets the presidential nomination after Trump bows out and just plays executioner for republicans and continues to be a wacky surrogate for DeSantis, saying the most unhinged crap DeSantis cant during the entire election cycle. Essentially Trump plays Luther, Obama's Anger Translator but for wild Republican talking points whipping the base up into a frothy lather.

Then DeSantis and takes either Gabbard or Haley on as VP. Hopefully Biden does actually run again, but that's not happening.

I don't see DeSantis considering a VP slot. He'd probably rather be...oh lets say..the Governor of a state like Florida.
Seems that way. Timing is everything; if he misses this cycle, the only benefit I see for him is that Trump is completely out of the way by 2028, just due to age. I think now is the sweet spot to step up, but not to "just" VP, to your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back