Fitness Milestones & Plans to share

Where's everyone at going into the Winter?

Spinning my damn wheels. This is a tough season for me: In November and December my extended family has 1 anniversary, 8 birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, and New Year's; work Christmas party, and about four or five other holiday parties, so my eating ain't what it should be. Add to that down and out with bronchitis so I have not exercised like I should. I will be glad for Jan 1.

At least it thins out for me 2 weeks later, so anyone working/ worked out this week? I don't do cardio or cycles, and I think that's where they migrate. Wish gyms would turn off wifi though.

I forgot what a milkshake tastes like. ("T_T)

21s28o.jpg

At least it thins out for me 2 weeks later, so anyone working/ worked out this week? I don't do cardio or cycles, and I think that's where they migrate. Wish gyms would turn off wifi though.

I forgot what a milkshake tastes like. ("T_T)

View attachment 20713

I just got the ok to start working out again after surgery set me down for a few months so I have been in this week focusing on a few things to tighten up and determine where things are. Never really gets busy where I go, just the same folks at their normal times doing their thing.

I typically take the month of January "off" from LifeTime Fitness. Parking is a mess, the locker room is over run, and forget about getting a cardio machine or finding free-weights where they belong.

By about the first week of February most of the New Years resolution folks have pretty much given up the ghost.

Thinking about doing the Lifetime Indoor Triathlon, sounds like a fun deal. It's on a Sunday, day before I have a Rugby Match. This year I plan on doing three Olympic Distance Triathlons and possibly Half-Ironman Arizona.

They do a solid job with it. I've done their Minneapolis outdoor one a couple of times...very very well organized.
I competed at the Tempe LifeTime, girlfriend qualified for Championships. So We're going to New York and I'll race in the non-championship division. I'd looked at their indoor events a few times, this time my girlfriend brought it up.

I competed at the Tempe LifeTime, girlfriend qualified for Championships. So We're going to New York and I'll race in the non-championship division. I'd looked at their indoor events a few times, this time my girlfriend brought it up.

Awesome, definitely do a half-iron, they are a blast and the training isn’t that much worse schedule wise. Only difference I think it was 88 laps in a pool but if open water get comfy doing 110+ due to the zig zag. My first was the 5430 in boulder, great time, got to meet a couple of 10th group guys doing it during the run which was a bonus.

Just finished my first 10 mile timed ruck of 2018 with the guys and gals at GORUCK Jax Beach. 45# dry. 2hrs 17 min. I have room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with that time.

Current APFT scores/ time:
PUSHUPS=77
SITUPS=71
PULLUPS=no pull up bar this time
2MILE=13:49
I'm not too proud about this. Will improve.

So where is everyone in their fitness goals?

For those over you over 35 how do you eat, sleep, train at this stage in your life?

So where is everyone in their fitness goals?

For those over you over 35 how do you eat, sleep, train at this stage in your life?

I used to be a weightlifter but in my "old" age I just focus more on staying functional. I do mostly bodyweight exercises now, focusing on "use it or lose it" through a variety of exercises 2-3 times a week. Push-ups, Pull- ups, Chin-ups, Squats, and Planks are a mainstay. I also do interval running/ walking for cardio 5 days a week. I could eat better though. I don't really watch what I eat, but I do watch how much I eat.

Back