FOOD THREAD 1

Hahhahaha @Ooh-Rah that is the same exact wine that got me carded at Fiore's the other night. I really enjoy that wine. Great with meatballs, Italian sausage ( am looking at you @Ocoka ;) ) and pizza!

You need some Italian sausage in with those meatballs.

Agreed, and they are in there! Forgot to take a pic after browning them and putting them into the pot.

Heat is off. Sauce is covered and sitting on stove top for a few hours to ‘meld’.

Warming everything back up about 30 minutes before dinner tonight and will post final pics.

To add - I also brown a couple of thin bone-in chop and put in sauce before I make the meatballs. Adds a nice flavor.

So I wanted something a little different for the chicken (again) that I am going to grill this afternoon. Found this recipe for peanut sauce on the interwebs and tweaked it just a little. I don't happen to have fresh ginger so I used fresh granulated ginger and I used minced garlic packed in olive oil. No soy sauce? No problem. I used teriyaki instead. I also did not feel like dicking around with the blender. Just stirred with a spatula until smooth.

Mr. Chop was inquiring from the living room wtf I was making. I told him it is a surprise. He came out to the kitchen to sample. "That shit's fire, I can't wait to try it on the chicken". Then he took some to dip nacho chips as an appetizer. :rolleyes: Lucky I doubled the amounts.

In any case this is the the recipe that I started with.

Ingredients
    • 1 1" piece ginger, peeled
    • 1 small garlic clove
    • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (like Once Again or Jif)
    • 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
    • 1 teaspoon (packed) light brown sugar
    • 1/4 -1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes

Preparation
    1. With motor running, drop ginger and garlic clove into a blender and blend until finely chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and 1/3 cup water and blend, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed to thin, until smooth. DO AHEAD: Peanut sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.

So I wanted something a little different for the chicken (again) that I am going to grill this afternoon. Found this recipe for peanut sauce on the interwebs and tweaked it just a little. I don't happen to have fresh ginger so I used fresh granulated ginger and I used minced garlic packed in olive oil. No soy sauce? No problem. I used teriyaki instead. I also did not feel like dicking around with the blender. Just stirred with a spatula until smooth.

Mr. Chop was inquiring from the living room wtf I was making. I told him it is a surprise. He came out to the kitchen to sample. "That shit's fire, I can't wait to try it on the chicken". Then he took some to dip nacho chips as an appetizer. :rolleyes: Lucky I doubled the amounts.

In any case this is the the recipe that I started with.

Ingredients
    • 1 1" piece ginger, peeled
    • 1 small garlic clove
    • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (like Once Again or Jif)
    • 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
    • 1 teaspoon (packed) light brown sugar
    • 1/4 -1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes

Preparation
    1. With motor running, drop ginger and garlic clove into a blender and blend until finely chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and 1/3 cup water and blend, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed to thin, until smooth. DO AHEAD: Peanut sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.

Pics or it didn't happen...:zzz::ninja:...:-oO_o

Eeeeuuuuuwwww. It looks like what came out of me after about 8 Yeagermeister shooters on top of beer and Dewars on an open drawbridge between Treasure Island and Madeira Beach when I got vertigo and opened the car door and puked...and the people in the cars behind me applauded.

Back