FOOD THREAD 1

I pull when the internal temp hits 105; rest for 5 minutes while the grill gets up to temp, and then sear 75 seconds per side after first basting the steak with melted garlic butter.

/drool

Last edited:
I pull when the internal temp hits 105; rest for 5 minutes while the grill gets up to temp, and then sear 75 seconds per side after first basting the steak with melted garlic butter.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

If you are not doing a reverse sear, you are missing out….

View attachment 41273View attachment 41274
I only recently became aware of what it meant to 'reverse' sear because I usually eat them blue and never used ovens for any of part of the cooking.

It does look very tender, though. I'll have to order it this way next time I'm out and feel like getting something a little less bloody.

If you are not doing a reverse sear, you are missing out….

View attachment 41273View attachment 41274

Do you salt ahead of time? If not, next time season liberally with salt both sides around 24 hours a head of time and place it on a bake rack in your refrigerator so the juices drop out instead of letting your steak sit in it. Also, when it’s in the oven, use a baking rack too so it gets a more even cook on all sides. Stole this trick from Alton Brown.

Do you salt ahead of time? If not, next time season liberally with salt both sides around 24 hours a head of time and place it on a bake rack in your refrigerator so the juices drop out instead of letting your steak sit in it. Also, when it’s in the oven, use a baking rack too so it gets a more even cook on all sides. Stole this trick from Alton Brown.

Aaron does the same thing for this meal. Good technique to follow!

:thumbsup:

I do salt ahead…I’ve gone through a number of seasoning experiments but keep coming back to Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Typically I place a baking rack on top of a 9x13 pyrex glass baking pan and I’ll let rest on counter for about 45 minutes to get closer to room temp and to catch any juices and give more air circulation. When I start the cooking process I’ll put it into the oven just like that, elevated on a cooking sheet sitting on top of the Pyrex.

I’ve found that starting the oven at 225 degrees until the center is about 60 is a good temp to get it started. Then I turn down to 185 and pull at 105.

I do salt ahead…I’ve gone through a number of seasoning experiments but keep coming back to Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Typically I place a baking rack on top of a 9x13 pyrex glass baking pan and I’ll let rest on counter for about 45 minutes to get closer to room temp and to catch any juices and give more air circulation. When I start the cooking process I’ll put it into the oven just like that, elevated on a cooking sheet sitting on top of the Pyrex.

I’ve found that starting the oven at 225 degrees until the center is about 60 is a good temp to get it started. Then I turn down to 185 and pull at 105.

I keep seeing "Danos seasoning" on you tube. Lots of flavors.

Back