FOOD THREAD 1

Because there wasn't a way my mother was going to get out of me eating tamales for Christmas Eve. Although we couldn't go to my tia's house tonight, my mother endeavored to indulge the Mexican half of me.

View attachment 37692

Also I think I did what @Ooh-Rah asked as best I could. 20% of original size.
Dang, Brother...those things must have been huge if that's only 20% of their original size....;-)

Looks excellent!

Up at 0400 with the briskets on the smoker. Its cold and windy, so my smoker temperature is up and down like my emotions right now!!!! My weatherologistmeter says its 35 F with 30 mph winds, a quick wind chill calc tells me that's too cold to be watching brisket smoke!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

CM1.jpg

Salmon will start the dry brine (brown sugar and salt) at 0600, on the smoker at 0700, chows on at 0800. More pics will follow once the bright star is up. :thumbsup:

Bad news, no pic with Santa this year....sorry @lindy ! :ninja:

Anyone have any good, simple pescatarian recipes I can steal?

Anyone have any good, simple pescatarian recipes I can steal?
Lebanese Taverna Hummus. Lebanese Taverna is a DC area restaurant and they published it in a newsletter years ago.

You can make hummus pita sandwiches, tomatoes, cucumbers, idk what else, but you could make em fancy. Hummus is pescatarian.

Lebanese Taverna Hummus

2 cups of cooked chickpeas (or 2 15 oz cans - one with the liquid, drain the other can)

3 cloves crushed garlic

1/4 to 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice

1 cup tahini

1/4 cup olive oil

sea salt and paprika to taste

What to do:

Use a blender or food processor to mix chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, paprika and garlic cloves until completely smooth. If dip is too thick, add a little additional water to thin slightly. When serving, put a light layer of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with paprika.

Makes 3 cups

I'll try to think of more recipes. I'm drawing a total blank.

Edited: according to Google Hummus is Pescatarian.

Back