FOOD THREAD 1

@parallel: I fucking hate you! :p You bastard! :D But for real: You don't make real chili? That does look really good brother.

F.M.
LOL... I know I know... Hell... when it comes time to step on the scale I hate myself. :D:wall:

Mrs. Parallel makes a mighty fine chili... but the kids won't eat it and they seem to love the Alpo... errr... Hormel Chili so we used that.

Tomorrow morning I'm doing a breakfast fatty to serve for brunch when the non-heathens get home from church. Standby for pics.

How do you think a SKILLET would hold up inside the sausage wrapped Bacon weaved outter shell of Heaven....smoked on your magic cooking device..?

Thinking maybe:
scrambled eggs
potatoes - chunked or hashed
shedded cheese
cream cheese
onions
green chilies
ham cubes - Canadian bacon for our brothers above the 49th Parallel

Thoughts......:thumbsup::thumbsdown::-"O_o

Oh... I almost forgot. I have a brisket in the refrigerator soaking up the flavors of the rub that I'll be smoking over night tomorrow night. A 14 lb beast that I figure should take right around 20 hours.

FirstBrisket14lbs_zps8fcfe90f.jpg

FirstBrisketTrimmed_zps309a2a99.jpg

FirstBrisketwithSpiceRub_zpse379154c.jpg

Last edited:
How do you think a SKILLET would hold up inside the sausage wrapped Bacon weaved outter shell of Heaven....smoked on your magic cooking device..?

Thinking maybe:
scrambled eggs
potatoes - chunked or hashed
shedded cheese
cream cheese
onions
green chilies
ham cubes - Canadian bacon for our brothers above the 49th Parallel

Thoughts......:thumbsup::thumbsdown::-"O_o
That's similar to what I had in mind except, once again, because I want the kids to eat it it'll be simple. Probably just precooked tater tots in the center with layered scrambled egg and cheese inside the sausage and of course wrapped in bacon.

Hey, Parallel... what temp are you going for the smoking on that Brisket? 20 hours ... are you going at about 250*? Wet smoking or dry smoking? Yeah I know dry smoking requires wet chips, but wet smoking is higher humidity in the chamber...
I'll be smoking this at 225° until it hits the plateau (about 165°) then I'll decide if I need to bump it up to 250° in order to bring it home to 185°.

I use chunks of wood instead of chips and I don't need to soak them because the BGE allows me to control the air intake so as to avoid a flareup. I will be using a drip pan with some beer and water in it, but that is more for keeping the drippings from burning and causing an undesirable smoke than anything else. It will make for higher humidity in the chamber, which is how one achieves a nice smoke ring, but that is secondary to me. Also, I put beer in it because...well... if it's going to BE there I might as well impart some extra flavor from it.

I'll be smoking this at 225° until it hits the plateau (about 165°) then I'll decide if I need to bump it up to 250° in order to bring it home to 185°.

I use chunks of wood instead of chips and I don't need to soak them because the BGE allows me to control the air intake so as to avoid a flareup. I will be using a drip pan with some beer and water in it, but that is more for keeping the drippings from burning and causing an undesirable smoke than anything else. It will make for higher humidity in the chamber, which is how one achieves a nice smoke ring, but that is secondary to me. Also, I put beer in it because...well... if it's going to BE there I might as well impart some extra flavor from it.

In other words... a very low wet heat... real brisket... I hate you more and more each day you post about that BGE... really I do... because I don't even get a fedex of leftovers... you bastige...:mad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Introducing the Breakfast Fattie...
  • 1lb breakfast sausage
  • 1lb bacon
  • 10 slices American cheese
  • 4 eggs beaten
  • 21 tater tots (precooked very crisp)
Place sausage in a 1lb Ziploc bag and roll flat and even with a rolling pin being sure to get the air bubbles out.
Cook eggs like an omelet trying to keep the pieces as large as possible.
Create a bacon weave on cellophane wrap using the entire lb of bacon
Cut the Ziploc bag and carefully place the sausage on some parchment paper...

breakfastfattieingredients_zps782bc781.jpg

Add cheese, keeping away from edges so the sausage will seal.
breakfastfattie_cheese_zps3ee35646.jpg

Add egg, keeping away from edges so the sausage will seal.
breakfastfattie_cheese_eggs_zps5a82b43d.jpg

Add tater tots in a pyramid at one end of the edge and cheese filling, keeping away from edges so the sausage will seal.
breakfastfattie_cheese_eggs_tatertots_zpsddbd4323.jpg

Roll the sausage around the fillings like a sushi roll being sure to seal the edges. It helps to roll the parchment paper up like a tootsie roll and continue to tighten it down around the roll. Once the sausage roll is good and tight, remove the parchment paper and place the sausage roll onto the bacon weave. using the cellophane wrap to roll it again like a sushi roll and to tighten the roll. Place in the refrigerator until you're ready to cook.
breakfastfattie_allrolledup_zps824ec261.jpg

Smoke the fattie at 375° - 400° indirect for about an hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165°. As you can see I still get some leakage of the cheese, but the majority of that came after I poked my Thermapen probe into it to check the internal temperature. The bottom line is that it's not that much of a problem if some of it comes out.
breakfastfattie_cheesegeyseronBGE_zps7cb88fd4.jpg

Allow to rest for at least five minutes before cutting.
breakfastfattie_resting_zps98175d73.jpg

Money Shot!
breakfastfattie_moneyshot_zpsbaa1677c.jpg

Slices of breakfast heaven.
breakfastfattie_slicesofbreakfastheaven_zps2951fc5e.jpg

Breakfast fattie, served with fresh baked drop biscuits.
breakfastfattie_plated_zps1aa4c084-1.jpg

It's like a slice of smokey breakfast pie...
breakfastfattie_itslikebreakfastpie_zpsf98a42d1.jpg

Protection Pics
breakfastfattie_restingampprotected_zps51bae8e3.jpg

breakfastfattie_moneyshot_protected_zps392e37e3.jpg

breakfastfattie_platedampprotected_zpscbbe2fe4-1.jpg

Protection provided by my Sig Sauer P225 with threaded and extend barrel... you know... in case I need to thread on a suppressor (commonly referred to as a silencer) to take out the fattie thief quietly. :sneaky:

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why Parallel doesn't have his own cooking show with guns and shit.
I know, right?

I finally got my brisket on the BGE... the damn lump took forever to burn clean (must have gotten a bad bag) Anyway, a bunch of mesquite chunks for an all night low and slow are smoking away...

firstbrisket_mesquitechunks_zpsd8086707.jpg

... and the massive brisket barely fit on my large Big Green Egg.
firstbrisket_barelyfits_zps02c42771.jpg

Ok... Breakfast fattie.... also known as cardiac death roll.... and then a brisket.... what's your blood work look like?

I still hate you.

Send leftovers.
That's what drives my doctors nuts... I'm definitely overweight, and now that my back is hosed up I feel the weight which I never used to in my younger days. Even so my blood work is perfect, my heart rate is fine and even as a broke dick I can move better than many skinny young people. I once had a nutritionist tell me I should weigh hundreds of pounds more than I do based on calorie intake. When it starts catching up to me I'll change... until then I live life (bear in mind my days of using my body for a living are over).

Oh... and don't forget the chili cheese fattie on Friday night. Also, it seems to me that people think I'm eating all of this on my own... but I have a family to feed and today I;m having guest over for brisket.

That's what drives my doctors nuts... I'm definitely overweight, and now that my back is hosed up I feel the weight which I never used to in my younger days. Even so my blood work is perfect, my heart rate is fine and even as a broke dick I can move better than many skinny young people. I once had a nutritionist tell me I should weigh hundreds of pounds more than I do based on calorie intake. When it starts catching up to me I'll change... until then I live life (bear in mind my days of using my body for a living are over).

Oh... and don't forget the chili cheese fattie on Friday night. Also, it seems to me that people think I'm eating all of this on my own... but I have a family to feed and today I;m having guest over for brisket.

It's the fucking dudes that work out 9 days a week, run a million miles a week, lift a thousand pounds and drop dead from a M.I. on the track. I am over weight and can still move. When it's your time, it's your time. I learned that 6 months ago.

F.M.

@Parallel I have a similar diet to you and my resting Heart rate is low 40's!!
(high 40's when I got copenhagen in)

O_o

I will get a BGE when my wife says its OK......

Last edited:
Back