FOOD THREAD 1

I'm about to roll a fattie (<--- LINK)...

NO... I'm not about to get high.:rolleyes:
NO... I'm not mugging people outside the local weight watchers.:D
What I am about to do is treat the kids to a flavor explosion. I'm doing a "chilli-cheese" version of the fattie in the link for dinner tonight. Pictures (of course) to follow.8-)

My fat ass can tear up a fucking gyro in a hot second...Lamb, chicken, I don't care. Best one I ever had was on South St. in South Philly, a greek joint. Banging!

F.M.

I had one in Detroit many moons ago, I still measure all others to it. I'm thinking next time I'm in Michigan we may have to drive over again.

gyro carts on the streets of NYC.... run by AQ operatives... tatziki fresh cucumbers and freshly sliced mystery meat.... then the hot sauce and remaining veggies.... walk down the street and get a knish... your own yummy little mid east war in your tummy.....

Dammit, now I'm hungry for some:wall:

Okay... here's he first pics of the prep.

chilicheesefattieingredients_zps62a416db.jpg

1lb Pork sausage
1lb bacon
Chili to taste (I put too much and it's a mess)
Cheese to taste (about 8 oz works well)
Chopped onion (optional)

The kids like Hormel chili so we used that, but I'm going to make one for me later this weekend either without chili or with Mrs. Parallel's chili.

chillicheesefattie_sausagerolledout_zps9f14e245.jpg

Place the 1lb of sausage into a 1 gallon Ziploc bag and roll it flat and even with a rolling pin. Be sure to get the air pockets out as you roll.

chillicheesefattie_baconweave_zps2f0246df.jpg

Prepare a bacon weave on parchment paper...

chillicheesefattie_addonion_zps4d90ef6f.jpg

Cut open the Ziploc bag and add the chopped onion...

chillicheesefattie_addchili_zpsc0052518.jpg

Add chili being sure to keep it away from the edges so it can seal...

chillicheesefattie_addcheese_zps06feb0b0.jpg

Add cheese...

chillicheesefattie_addbaocnweave_zpsdbf662f8.jpg

Start at one end of the Ziploc bag and use it to roll the filled sausage like a sushi roll. Then, place the sausage roll on the bacon weave and roll it as well. Seal the ends using a butter knife and smoke at 350° indirect until 165° internal temp. I just checked and it's at about 160° internal temp (as taken with my Thermapen) at the one hour mark. The bacon seems to be crisping up nicely as well... so I'm guessing another 15 minutes or so and it will be done. I'm going to let it rest a full ten minutes though so it doesn't make a huge mess when I cut it.

Parallel you inbred Cajun bbq fool.... I hate your guts....

That looks tasty.
LOL... I'm not even Cajun... I'm a transplant from NW PA.

chilicheesefattie_abitoverdone_zpsa6838d09.jpg

Anyway... I overdid it a bit but I don't think it will matter except that some of the filling leaked out.

chilicheesefattie_resting_zpsafc1582e.jpg

Damn... it's REALLY hard to allow it time to rest without cutting into it, made even harder by the fact that Mrs. Parallel is not home as she went to pick up our boy from his friends house so I'm trying to wait for them to get home.

@Rapid

Nice! I haven't tried that, but I will at some point. I'll even finish it in the BGE at 600° so it not only melts the cheese but gives the bread an awesome crunch while staying soft inside.

It's been a while... managed to have the time this weekend to redeem myself.

T-Bone Steak marinated in Coors with fried mushrooms (put those on top of the steak after the pic) and some cooked green beans.

EDIT: I would have liked to pull a parallel and put a nice firearm beside my plate but being in this frozen tundra called Canada prevents me to with it's laws.

IMG-20130831-00230.jpg

Back