Gaming thread

Yes, I only fly VR in Elite. VR in NMS is nice too, but it takes some getting used to as you do everything with VR controllers, vs Elite where it's VR for visuals and HOTAS for the killing.

Have you played DCS or the new MS flight sim?

I’m looking into getting Star Wars squadrons, has anyone played that?

I've got maybe 30 hours in. It's gorgeous, it's pretty fun once you get out of the prologue (which is loong) and some new gameplay elements start to open up. But it is very long, and typifies everything people love and hate about open world games. My play was interrupted when someone wanted to put something else on the xbone; and I rarely find myself missing it.

All that to say - it's fun. Being a viking is pretty f'ing rad. It looks and sounds great (though you can roll your own soundtrack with some metal-pagan or whatever you call the modern viking music). It'll suck you in. Be prepared to lose a chunk of your life. But it sure isn't perfect, and from a game design or ludology standpoint, it's a poor to middling game. I sure had fun during that time though!

Played a little bit today and got my ship back and sailed home....I do like the gameplay, takes a bit getting use to to, but it is fun!

PvP is either a curb stomp or a good match, rarely do I have one that isn't either of those two.

I played on Convergence yesterday with a 5 stack who refused to cap points. We just swept the map, back and forth, and destroyed the other team. It was so bad I stood at B using the Cooking emote while the team ran back and forth, smashing everyone.

The Hawkmoon catalyst mission is out. Props to the guys beating that one solo, but the catalyst is nasty and worth finding a fireteam to run it with you.
Yep, either 99 to 20 or a 10 point max difference. I picked up 3 Hawks (didn’t pick the quest up from Crow so you can farm unlimited, one drop per run) but I am having a hard time putting Ace away. So far I got surplus, killing wind, and eye of the storm. I really want rangefinder to compete closer with Ace and Momento Mori up range wise or my Steady Hands.

Yep, either 99 to 20 or a 10 point max difference. I picked up 3 Hawks (didn’t pick the quest up from Crow so you can farm unlimited, one drop per run) but I am having a hard time putting Ace away. So far I got surplus, killing wind, and eye of the storm. I really want rangefinder to compete closer with Ace and Momento Mori up range wise or my Steady Hands.

I'm looking for textured grip, rangefinder or opening shot, w/ small bore. I need to LFG for a team to run it w/ Hawkmoon equipped for the Warden title.

I feel like I'm missing something in Destiny 2. Current Light Level is around 1212 and the Prophecy Dungeon straight up kicks my ass. I need to read up on how to modify gear because I have not done that at all thinking I'd keep leveling up. I've been stuck at this level now for a while.

Do quests matter any more or should I focus just on strikes/raids?

So I have one of my three characters at 1260 and I just reached that the other day.

In essence, once you hit the soft cap (1200?) then powerful/pinnacle gear becomes your friend. There is a way to maximize efficiency but I'm not as invested in some of my hardcore grinder friends. For me, just grinding the same general activities on my 3 characters while switching the highest level light weapons to the character your currently using helped me a ton. Other strats like going through the heresy dungeon, getting the save point on three different characters at the final boss, and then completing the final encounter on all of them to get your free 18 total prisms+shards is a great way to farm late game materials in the current season. DSC is by far the best raid to run as it doesn't have bad gear and is a relatively simple raid compared to GoS and LW.

Other than that, the game levels with you. so my 1260 character with no mods will have roughly the same experience as your 1212 level character. Honestly, mods are your best friend for PVE, specifically warmind mods and light mods.

I hope that helped answer some of your questions.

I've talked about the game for over a year and none of you are hitting me up...

@757's is pretty spot on. The current season's soft power cap is 1250 and the hard cap is 1260. Datto and Aztecross put out good guides on leveling strategies, plus I'm sure Reddit has some. For me, I run the weekly activities for gear and bounties, bounties, bounties. Enhancement cores are your bestie since you need those to purchase the upgrade modules from Banshee.

If you have a say 1230 helm, you don't need to equip it to get 1230+ drops. You can have it in your inventory or even the vault and you'll still get drops at or above that level. I think it displays in game, but you will receive powerful or pinnacle (whatever they call it) gear from weekly activities. I don't really run raids or dungeons, so I leveled up with strikes, lost sectors, and even gambit (shut up, I like gambit). Lost sectors are also a fast way of doing Banshee and/ or destination bounties. Lake of Shadows on the EDZ is probably the fastest strike in the game. I think the WR is around 2:30 and even my horrible-playing self has run it in around 5 minutes.

Look up Datto and Aztecross' guides though. Hang on to pieces even if you won't use them (blue weapons and armor) because they count towards leveling up. If you see me online and want to run Nightfalls at higher levels for better loot, mats, and a chance at exotics, let me know. If y'all want to schedule something, set i up and I'll wake up early to match evenings in the US.

The current season ends Feb. 9 at the weekly reset. All of your new drops after that date will start at 1250 or whatever that season's floor is set to. Umbral engrams with a chance to target loot are coming back. ALL of your Crucible tokens are deprecating at the end of this season, so turn them in by the 9th or lose them forever. Shatterdive hunters are still nasty, especially in PvE. The Titan stasis super lasts for about 2 1/2 days but will take a nerf at some point.

Apologies AWP, I hate to try plan stuff and have to cancel....my schedule is so screwed up at times. But, I have not forgotten your offer....just don't want to waste your time. You are on a PS platform, right?

Apologies AWP, I hate to try plan stuff and have to cancel....my schedule is so screwed up at times. But, I have not forgotten your offer....just don't want to waste your time. You are on a PS platform, right?

PC, not console.

Cross play coming at some point this year.

My guess would be with the fall DLC because other than the original announcement, Bungie hasn't followed up. Honestly, I question if it will come out at all this year, but we'll see. Cross play might be okay w/ PC since quite a few PC players use controllers, but I think CP will really shine for PvE activities. You'll easily double the available number of players for everything.

Very very few games translate to cross platform. I would suggest that Rocket League is the only one that has done it well.

My guess would be with the fall DLC because other than the original announcement, Bungie hasn't followed up. Honestly, I question if it will come out at all this year, but we'll see. Cross play might be okay w/ PC since quite a few PC players use controllers, but I think CP will really shine for PvE activities. You'll easily double the available number of players for everything.

to be honest, I use venomX system that uses a wand and mouse with PS4.

This week's TWAB...holy shit. Bungie is nerfing M&K recoil to "get ready" for crossplay. A nasty sword nerf is happening. A ton of things to happen starting next season.

Back