Gaming thread

Well I’ve finally become a nerd. A buddy convinced me to buy Elden Ring and I’ve been throughly enjoying it. I also suspect my anger management issues will cause me to have a heart attack from the game. Finally beat Radhan tonight after 10 or so tries.
I quit Sekiro about 1/2 way through; after countless YouTube tutorials, I just could not get passed a certain spot and realized I never would.

Going to start Elder Ring this week, thinking I will play the Samurai; he seems most well rounded for a beginner.

My destiny clan and I finally made it to the new raid boss after trying, and epically failing, the first 24 hour challenge.

Non-contest mode doesn’t hold a candle to that freaking challenge…ugh…
I did my second clear last night. The callouts are giving me a problem, but I have the other mechanics down. I think the Gatekeeper is harder than Rhulk and the third encounter is underrated.

I quit Sekiro about 1/2 way through; after countless YouTube tutorials, I just could not get passed a certain spot and realized I never would.

Going to start Elder Ring this week, thinking I will play the Samurai; he seems most well rounded for a beginner.
I’ve rage quit so many times. lol

I’m also a samurai but you can really spec your character any way you want. Are you on Xbox? If so text me your username.

I did my second clear last night. The callouts are giving me a problem, but I have the other mechanics down. I think the Gatekeeper is harder than Rhulk and the third encounter is underrated.

Ya, the amount of symbols is crazy.

I feel like the raid is actually relatively straight forward and uncomplicated, but punishes you harder for mistakes than DSC or VOG while also requiring a more coordinated team.

So far, I’m really enjoying it and I’m hoping we can take rhul down Monday before reset.

This is a story I want to hear more about:

One of the big questions has been "where's Russia's air force?"

Report's say Ukrainians are flying 5 - 10 sorties per day, there are/were regular dogfights and they're vastly outnumbered (like 5 to 1). They don't have a lot of jets left (~55), but have solid tactics and continue to punch above their weight.
I bought the Mig 29 today in Flight Sim. Thing kill’s me from the aircraft over stressing before my pilot passes out from g’s.

Currently got hooked on Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order while stuck in COVID quarantine. Thoroughly enjoying it so far, but it's not quite as polished and fine tuned compared to the Soulsborne/Sekiro games. Definitely worth the sale price I got it at!

Flight sim is free on Xbox but I’ve probably spent over $150 on different aircraft. F14 has been my favorite purchase.
LoL then you probably don't want to get into DCS, $150 will only cover 2-4 aircraft. This is only a partial list of assets you can purchase (notice the 101 options to browse!). As I understand it you have to purchase the campaigns, maps, AND aircraft. This is on Steam btw, don't know if they have a stand-alone that is set up differently. While that is too rich for my blood (and patience), DCS is without a doubt the most accurate, intense, unforgiving, and comprehensive mil flight sim in existence. There is nothing more advanced on the civilian market. The only thing more advanced are the simulators used by the military. Even those (as I understand them) are not as inter-connected.

Check out You-Tube for videos from some of the more dedicated players. From what I understand you might be able to use VR headsets, but others with more knowledge might want to correct me. Even if you don't play the videos are fun to watch.

If all of the above sounds like your bag, then as mentioned above get yourself some DCS. You will feel like a drug-fueled rock star in a whirlwind relationship with a smoking hot bipolar girlfriend. (results may vary, consult a doctor for erections lasting longer than 4 months).

Attachments

• steam_jVKAPkffFg.png
    steam_jVKAPkffFg.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 4
Sometime this week I passed 3500+ hours in Destiny 2 via Steam. My hundred+ whatever hours while on Battle.net are lost to time.

Civ V is clocking in at 2800+.
I’m almost afraid to look at the amount of hours I’ve put into RedDead2

I’m almost afraid to look at the amount of hours I’ve put into RedDead2

I have a bunch of games in the 100-500 hour range, but...I've had Steam going back to 2010 or something. I question if the hours spent on older games are correct, but whatever.

wastedondestiny.com has me at 2100+ hours with something like 3600+ hours AFK. I don't know why those numbers differ greatly from Steam's. Still 2100-ish hours places me in the top 8% of all players as far as hours played. This is sad considering how bad I play and that I rarely participate in end-game activities like raids and grandmaster nightfalls. I'm in the bottom 16-17% in k/d and win% in PvP. I'm in the top 10% for deaths in PvP and the bottom for everything that matters minus assists. Apparently, I can team shoot like a mofo. Kind of funny.

When I played Seige come cunt had a go at me for my KD so I looked it up and it was terrible. His was good but apparently I was better than him because I won the rounds basically singlehandedly and he died first sooooo

I have my moments in PvP, but they are the exception. It doesn’t help that I’m shoving 50 and your coordination and fine motor skills decrease with age.

Back