Gaming thread

Going through the Shadowkeep campaigns...I'm a bit behind. But, this just dropped in an engram from a strike I did....it is a badass SMG! I'm not usually one for SMG in this game, but it's proven to be pretty dang good.

Ikelos.JPG

I currently run the Seventh Seraph Carbine as primary, current at 1174. the Ikelos SMG secondary at 1177, and the Seventh Seraph SAW at 1166.

Seventh Seraph Carbine.JPGSeventh Seraph SAW.JPG

I looked up the Gnawing Hunger...its a nice one.

I am bad about keeping weapons around, usually dismantle them or stick them in the safe.

I currently run the Seventh Seraph Carbine as primary, current at 1174. the Ikelos SMG secondary at 1177, and the Seventh Seraph SAW at 1166.

View attachment 38810View attachment 38811

I looked up the Gnawing Hunger...its a nice one.

I am bad about keeping weapons around, usually dismantle them or stick them in the safe.

My GH has a 50-round magazine, so with Subsistence I don't reload often.

There's some content in D2 where you don't have to worry about matching your elemental damage, so I can swap between GH and the Ikelos SMG. For the Hawkmoon mission you need a little of everything unless you are running with a group that coordinates their loadout. Nightfalls are the same at higher levels without matchmaking.

Don't sleep on armor perks from Banshee, some of them are insanely good for builds. There's one that give you ammo for kills with multiple combatants in close proximity. (This only applies to a few weapons though). I run it with Perfect Paradox (a high rate of fire shotty in the kinetic slot) for Gambit and it is disgusting.

I highly encourage anyone playing D2 to go for Xenophage. You'll probably need to LFG for some portions of the quest, but that thing is insanely good. It can one shot a Guardian and is a go to weapon in PvE along with Anarchy or swords.

@BloodStripe is correct about Riskrunner. Find Vex or Fallen and go to town. There's a really good one you can pick up this season from the Hunts, but with a week to go I don't know if you'll time to farm it. RR and the Ikelos SMG are probably the best in the game right now.

@AWP Looked in my collections and saw I, at one time, did have the GH.....guess I dismantled it...and of course I can't re-acquire it, suxs.

On another note....had to stay home today and wait on city inspectors. So, got back into D2 and finally got my stasis subclass....fun campaign for that. Was hoping to have another chance at the GH...but no luck yet.

I had a question, I did use a rocket launcher, but changed out to the Seraph SAW. Never really warmed to the sword, but see a lot of people using them....is the sword worth using? or is it more about gameplay style?

@AWP

I had a question, I did use a rocket launcher, but changed out to the Seraph SAW. Never really warmed to the sword, but see a lot of people using them....is the sword worth using? or is it more about gameplay style?

It depends. Some scenarios require a ranged weapon, some can use a sword. Swords are insanely powerful right now, the Falling Guillotine legendary and the Lament exotic are hands down the best. Swords are taking a 15% nerf on Tuesday, but the Lament will still be good. (It is a chain sword that can pierce barriers on Barrier Champions. We can discuss Nightfalls and high level lost sectors in a separate post if you want) With rocket launchers getting an ammo buff and a whopping 30% damage buff on Tuesday they might become meta for PvE, I don't know.

Enter Xenophage which you can run most of the quest to obtain solo. (I think the last phase in the dungeon needed three people unless are very good at PvE, enter the Destiny LFG Discord channel for a fireteam) An insanely slow firing, hard hitting exotic machine gun, with armor mods you can stack either 28 or 32 rounds total with 13 in the magazine. The exotic grenade launcher Anarchy is also retarded OP for PvE, but I think that quest is gone, though you might be able to buy it in the Tower now, I don't know.

Bungie killed off most machine guns with sunsetting. I think 2 or 3 will be available in the upcoming season, Aztecross just did a video about some of the weapons making a return.

@AWP I can't wait to carry you in Diablo 4.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm carried in every game I play.

I played the hell out of D3 until Destiny 2 put it's hooks in me. I'm glad to see Blizzard had added some new armor sets and all while D4 struggles into 2022. I played a few weeks of this season and enjoyed one of the new sets for the Demon Hunter.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm carried in every game I play.

I played the hell out of D3 until Destiny 2 put it's hooks in me. I'm glad to see Blizzard had added some new armor sets and all while D4 struggles into 2022. I played a few weeks of this season and enjoyed one of the new sets for the Demon Hunter.
I just read the update of no 2021 release. I just truly hope they learned from the mistakes of the early D3 release and get things right before launch. I'm also looking forward to the new Battlefield and will probably swap over to PC for that one.

I just read the update of no 2021 release. I just truly hope they learned from the mistakes of the early D3 release and get things right before launch. I'm also looking forward to the new Battlefield and will probably swap over to PC for that one.

Considering Diablo 3 had a poor launch and Destiny had the same (I think for both 1 and 2), you'd like to think the companies learned. I don't think so. The cost to make a AAA game is something like 60+ million dollars, so there's a strong desire to get a product on the market now and sort out the bugs later. Paradox Interactive makes some amazing top-level strategy games that usually require a DLC (no kidding) to fix. I think it was early Hearts of Iron 4 days (but maybe HoI 3) where 1 carrier and a few destroyers could annihilate an entire nation's navy. That wasn't truly patched until the first DLC, only small-ish nerfs to carriers.

With Bungie now an independent studio, I think they will release something and sort out the problems later because of the costs. Hell, it took a year to nerf One-Eyed Mask.

I wonder how long it will take for an industry-wide $70 per game standard to happen.

Wait, Bungie got out from the MS thumb? How'd that happen?

They signed with Activision, but left that deal in 2019. MS was in talks w/ Bungie around the time of the Activision split, but declined to pay whatever Bungie wanted. Bungie has morphed into a Developer-Publisher, but without Activision's or Microsoft's subordinate smaller studios, Bungie has to work on everything in house.

Destiny 2’s The Witch Queen dropped on Tuesday. It is almost a new game with all of the changes. The campaign was hands down one of the best I’ve ever played, maybe the best.

They signed with Activision, but left that deal in 2019. MS was in talks w/ Bungie around the time of the Activision split, but declined to pay whatever Bungie wanted. Bungie has morphed into a Developer-Publisher, but without Activision's or Microsoft's subordinate smaller studios, Bungie has to work on everything in house.
And now Bungie is in bed with Sony lol

Back