Gaming thread

You talked me into the track ball.

It's awesome you have a real CRT. I don't think it's an option for me but I'd love to be able to do that for authenticity and it solves the light gun issue! Is it difficult to find a CRT monitor these days? Are they all used?
Not all used. X-Gaming manufactures their own for their cabinets as an upgrade option. They are expensive though. I didn't look for the monitor, It came with the system. It's a 32" CRT. I think the largest PC CRT monitor was 21 or 22". After that they went to LED.

I really wanted to get that game, then heard about all the bugs and that the game maker was refunding purchases.....figured I would wait. Glad to see it is working on some platforms.

Last edited:
It works pretty damn well on the platform that matters.

Doesn't mean that their reputation isn't in the mud right now. If you're going to release a game for multiple platforms, you'd better be sure that it runs serviceably on all the platforms you advertise it for.

Doesn't mean that their reputation isn't in the mud right now. If you're going to release a game for multiple platforms, you'd better be sure that it runs serviceably on all the platforms you advertise it for.

They messed up and allowed it to be released on multiple platforms when it really should have only been released on PC, and maybe next gen consoles.

But they could turn it all into lemonade like the developers for No Mans Sky. I have incredibly high hopes for its longevity. Like Skyrim level of longevity. It already has an active modding community through nexusmods; although nothing to write home about yet.

I wouldn't say they allowed it. They struck a deal with Microsoft for marketing rights to the game and they probably wanted to get the huge install bases of both PS4 and Xbone. But yes, I'm hopeful they can turn things around.

I'm hoping the news of litigation and devs angry are just media sensationalization because that is going to do nothing but ruin my plans of continuing to play in 5 years.

Recently played through Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero. Both fantastic survival games set almost completely underwater. The first one is a game I play through once a year or so because its such a great time swimming on an alien planet trying to find a way to escape, all while actively avoiding the larger and honestly terrifying predators. Highly reccomend if you like the survival/exploration themed games.

So, on a whim, I downloaded Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order....the storyline occurs five years after Anakin becomes Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith.

It's a great freaking game...and have been spending way too much time on it =) Very enjoyable and a lot of Star Wars history and Canon in the storyline, if your a nerd, like me. It came out in November of 2019.

Worth a look...Steam gave it a 9/10.

So, on a whim, I downloaded Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order....the storyline occurs five years after Anakin becomes Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith.

It's a great freaking game...and have been spending way too much time on it =) Very enjoyable and a lot of Star Wars history and Canon in the storyline, if your a nerd, like me. It came out in November of 2019.

Worth a look...Steam gave it a 9/10.

Recently beat it on Xbox. Fun surprises ahead. Won't spoil it for you.

Back