Gaming thread

I don't play online because I don't like little punks beating my ass...so I'm still playing the Battlefield V campaign over and over because I didn't buy any new games this year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Which cabinet did you get? I have X-Arcade Arcade Machine Cabinet. Full Sized Award Winning Pre-Built Cabinet | Xgaming X-Arcade I don't think light guns will work with it due to the way it has covering glass that is angled relative to the actual screen.
You talked me into the track ball.

It's awesome you have a real CRT. I don't think it's an option for me but I'd love to be able to do that for authenticity and it solves the light gun issue! Is it difficult to find a CRT monitor these days? Are they all used?
Finally finished my build.
Resizer_16103236631660.jpg

Was a bit more work than I anticipated, especially configurations, but overall, I'm very happy with the outcome. Very happy with the custom wrap.

I'm going to swap out the monitor for one with audio jacks; my current monitor doesn't have one. The speakers produce a low hum when the amp is plugged directly into the Raspberry Pi. Evidently, the work around is to plug the audio into an intermediate power source, like a monitor, and then running audio into Raspberry Pi, so, hopefully this works.

Last edited:
Disappointed that the grind for next season in Destiny is moon weapons that we just grinded and got sunset. Plus they didn’t bring back Loud Lullaby. We also get Dreaming City again, but no Horrors Least. How many seasons are we going to go with no 540 rpm pulse rifles? Glad I saved a Horrors and Outlast.

Disappointed that the grind for next season in Destiny is moon weapons that we just grinded and got sunset. Plus they didn’t bring back Loud Lullaby. We also get Dreaming City again, but no Horrors Least. How many seasons are we going to go with no 540 rpm pulse rifles? Glad I saved a Horrors and Outlast.

My man. 540 RPM pulse rifles were the best weapons in the game.

At this point we were like F’ it. Smash me big daddy!View attachment 38502

PvP is either a curb stomp or a good match, rarely do I have one that isn't either of those two.

I played on Convergence yesterday with a 5 stack who refused to cap points. We just swept the map, back and forth, and destroyed the other team. It was so bad I stood at B using the Cooking emote while the team ran back and forth, smashing everyone.

The Hawkmoon catalyst mission is out. Props to the guys beating that one solo, but the catalyst is nasty and worth finding a fireteam to run it with you.

I've been playing a bit of R6 Seige lately. I like the destructible environment amd because it's school holidays here and AUS it's easy enough to wind up teenagers when they start taking it seriously and give you shit when you die... Usually after them too and in unranked games. One kid tk'd me after I ignored him giving instructions to me and demanded a count of some device I had so I shotgunned him in the head next round which made him wild. I have stories like this for days with this game.

I'll have Borderlands 3 downloaded today, so I'll check that out until Destiny's new season in Feb.

I just downloaded Assassins' Creed: Valhalla. Can't wait to start it this weekend.

Anyone played it yet?
I've got maybe 30 hours in. It's gorgeous, it's pretty fun once you get out of the prologue (which is loong) and some new gameplay elements start to open up. But it is very long, and typifies everything people love and hate about open world games. My play was interrupted when someone wanted to put something else on the xbone; and I rarely find myself missing it.

All that to say - it's fun. Being a viking is pretty f'ing rad. It looks and sounds great (though you can roll your own soundtrack with some metal-pagan or whatever you call the modern viking music). It'll suck you in. Be prepared to lose a chunk of your life. But it sure isn't perfect, and from a game design or ludology standpoint, it's a poor to middling game. I sure had fun during that time though!

Back