Gaming thread

I have a lot of time in collecting the weapons that got capped so I was a little sour. Luna’s, NF, Redrix, Revoker. I played a crap ton of crucible.

NTTE is a very nice pulse. Stars in Shadow is good too. I’m a bit of a hand cannon guy (also play Hunter so it fits the jumpy style) but I have always loved Vigilance Wing, especially with Saint 14 ornament for the sight. I’m not 100% sold on the rpm change on the hand cannons either. I do enjoy chasing the pieces of the stasis super, but not happy they locked parts behind team events.

Warlocks got kicked in the nuts on the nerf. They usually do. Hand held supernova, nova bomb, etc. I do have all 3 characters, I just can’t get the warlock jump down. That dawn blade dodge has me wanting to work on it though.

I managed Luna's, but never Not forgotten. I just suck at PvP. I enjoy it, I just suck.

I have a pretty good Dire Promise that I like better than Luna's. I don't notice the RPM change, but I don't run a lot of PvP.

Top tree Dawnblade is pimp in PvP, or was until Stasis became a thing, but the recent nerf to stasis may see more use it in Comp/ Survival.. Icarus Dash though still makes it a beast. I pair it Claws of Ahamkara (I think that's the name) for the double ranged melee.

Sunset weapons are still viable in quickplay events like Control, but I don't use them because I want to roll with what I can use in Trials, Survival, etc.

Dunno if anyone plays or has heard of Naruto shinobi striker but last night was my greatest comeback win which I now share with all its glory.

All my kids want for Christmas is a PS5.

I’m the last person that’s gonna be mad at somebody for trying to turn a profit, but the dicks out there who bought up all the PS5’s just so they can turn around and try to sell them for $1000 apiece are fucking ass-hats.

These are the same cunts who buy concert tickets with no motivation other to then sell them for five times the amount.

I’m the last person that’s gonna be mad at somebody for trying to turn a profit, but the dicks out there who bought up all the PS5’s just so they can turn around and try to sell them for $1000 apiece are fucking ass-hats.

These are the same cunts who buy concert tickets with no motivation other to then sell them for five times the amount.
21AFC208-F848-4B3C-B3E4-027B2BDACAF4.jpeg

You have successfully used cunt in the correct manner and context a number of times. Hence I commission you Captain of Cunts. May you go forth and spread the good word.

OK, I realize I'm stepping into a thread full of gamers with passion and knowledge far beyond mine. And the topic of this post may fall outside of the stuff you typically focus on in this thread, so, with that, I'm prepared to move back into my lane.

However, I just ordered an arcade cabinet and having fun looking at all the options and potential add ons to it. This one in particular caught my attention and thought I'd share here to get reponses:
Finally a Lightgun With NO Sensor Bars | Show & Tell | The Sinden Lightgun - YouTube

Another review (they talk about a lot of things I don't fully understand but that's OK, LOL):
Nothing else comes close to this - Sinden Light Gun - YouTube

I'm really excited (perhaps I shouldn't be?) at the potential for this technology. There's some nostalgia to it but it also has me thinking about how it could enhance future gameplay. I'm strongly considering placing an order (The Sinden Lightgun | Indiegogo).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
It's cool, but it's still dwarfed today by what you can do with VR equipment, and at half the cost too.
Tell me more.

I don't know much about where VR is today. I tried some of the early phone stuff like 6 years ago or something, thinking it might be the next thing, but it really didn't do anything for me. I haven't followed it since but it seems I like it died. No?

Certainly VR has been talked about for a long time but it just never seems to have taken off. Is gaming VR different? Is it just a niche thing. The idea of wearing googles, etc. hasn't held a lot of appeal are they building games for this?

As mentioned, the appeal of the light guns, for me, is more nostalgic than anything else. Being able to play something like Area 51, etc. sounds fun (even if I grow tired of it quickly). But the potential for first person shooters on modern platforms seems very interesting as well.

Tell me more.

I don't know much about where VR is today. I tried some of the early phone stuff like 6 years ago or something, thinking it might be the next thing, but it really didn't do anything for me. I haven't followed it since but it seems I like it died. No?

Certainly VR has been talked about for a long time but it just never seems to have taken off. Is gaming VR different? Is it just a niche thing. The idea of wearing googles, etc. hasn't held a lot of appeal are they building games for this?

As mentioned, the appeal of the light guns, for me, is more nostalgic than anything else. Being able to play something like Area 51, etc. sounds fun (even if I grow tired of it quickly). But the potential for first person shooters on modern platforms seems very interesting as well.

I fucking LOVE this game.

Last edited:
Tell me more.

I play a game called DCS world on VR. Digital Combat Systems. I fly an F-18, which has basically fully realistic systems and physics. In VR you can lean in to read a display, move your head 360 degrees, and if you HOTAS is set up decent, basically fly like a fighter pilot. The Vr is amazing.

Once Microsoft flight sim goes the VR route I may have to drop out of school to fiddle with it full time.

Tell me more.

Which cabinet did you get? I have X-Arcade Arcade Machine Cabinet. Full Sized Award Winning Pre-Built Cabinet | Xgaming X-Arcade I don't think light guns will work with it due to the way it has covering glass that is angled relative to the actual screen.

Which cabinet did you get? I have X-Arcade Arcade Machine Cabinet. Full Sized Award Winning Pre-Built Cabinet | Xgaming X-Arcade I don't think light guns will work with it due to the way it has covering glass that is angled relative to the actual screen.
I ordered a complete Level Up 3/4 cabinet:
Level Up 3/4 Size Arcade Cabinet Kit for 22″ Monitor
I'd like to do full size but for my space, this fits better than a full size cabinet; I don't have a lot of room where I plan to put it. I've got some custom graphics selected. I just need to decide if I want a track ball or not; leaning no because I don't think there are any trackball games I really like. But I may get it just because.

According to the videos, the angle doesn't matter to the gun due to the way his solution works but I don't know. I haven't actually seen it in a cabinet. That's why I have to ask more questions; still very new solution.

Last edited:
I play a game called DCS world on VR. Digital Combat Systems. I fly an F-18, which has basically fully realistic systems and physics. In VR you can lean in to read a display, move your head 360 degrees, and if you HOTAS is set up decent, basically fly like a fighter pilot. The Vr is amazing.

Once Microsoft flight sim goes the VR route I may have to drop out of school to fiddle with it full time.
I follow CW Lemoine on YT, so I've seen DCS. It's looks pretty cool but I'd probably never have the type of set up needed to make it a real good experience. I'm more of a casual gamer...and I have access to some pretty good flight sims. 😊

I ordered a complete Level Up 3/4 cabinet:
Level Up 3/4 Size Arcade Cabinet Kit for 22″ Monitor
I'd like to do full size but for my space, this fits better than a full size cabinet; I don't have a lot of room where I plan to put it. I've got some custom graphics selected. I just need to decide if I want a track ball or not; leaning no because I don't think there are any trackball games I really like. But I may get it just because.

According to the videos, the angle doesn't matter to the gun due to the way his solution works but I don't know. I haven't actually seen it in a cabinet. That's why I have to ask more questions; still very new solution.

Cool! Unless you are the only one that is ever going to use the cabinet, spring for the trackball. It comes up for games you don't think about until too late. Centipede... Golden Tee Golf... Crystal Castles... etc.

It's not the angle of the screen. Mine has the screen at a traditional angle, but then there is clear glass protecting it that is vertical. If I put a camera on it, you get a faint double image. Also, mine is actually a CRT for authenticity so it has refresh flicker.

Cool! Unless you are the only one that is ever going to use the cabinet, spring for the trackball. It comes up for games you don't think about until too late. Centipede... Golden Tee Golf... Crystal Castles... etc.

It's not the angle of the screen. Mine has the screen at a traditional angle, but then there is clear glass protecting it that is vertical. If I put a camera on it, you get a faint double image. Also, mine is actually a CRT for authenticity so it has refresh flicker.
You talked me into the track ball.

It's awesome you have a real CRT. I don't think it's an option for me but I'd love to be able to do that for authenticity and it solves the light gun issue! Is it difficult to find a CRT monitor these days? Are they all used?

Last edited:
Back