Gaming thread

The future of AI is going to be wild....and by that I mean scary.

While this Destiny through and through, even non-gamers will get the point about AI. For us Destiny nerds, this video is hilarious. If you're a gamer, there's a good chance your game has one of these or will soon.

This hurts because we literally had this same argument in my fire team XD

This hurts because we literally had this same argument in my fire team XD

"Who wants to run Div?"
(Silence)
Someone eventually says they will.
"Good, we have a Div Bitch. Who's running a well and do we have a tether?"

And for my money it's L1/ L2 and R1/R2.

"Who wants to run Div?"
(Silence)
Someone eventually says they will.
"Good, we have a Div Bitch. Who's running a well and do we have a tether?"

And for my money it's L1/ L2 and R1/R2.
That reminds me of our div Runs. My second Div run was actually pretty easy, but this happened WAAAAAAAAY after GoS launched. First time I made our raid leader rage quit...and it mayyyyyyyy have been due to me being a bottle of wine...or two+ in...either way, we got it done the second time easy peasy XD.

That reminds me of our div Runs. My second Div run was actually pretty easy, but this happened WAAAAAAAAY after GoS launched. First time I made our raid leader rage quit...and it mayyyyyyyy have been due to me being a bottle of wine...or two+ in...either way, we got it done the second time easy peasy XD.

My Div run was a sherpa LFG. After 5 1/2 hours dudes started dropping, so left too.

Fast forward a year or something and I had the opposite experience with another sherpa LFG. The sherpa was great and the people actually listened.

I've managed to solo Shattered Throne and solo flawless Pit. Pit took 21 attempts. Spire, I keep dying to something dumb on the climb. Grasp, that damned ogre. I hate ogres.

I have a confession to make.

I have purchased an XBox for the express purpose of playing NHL ‘23. Which I will say is fucking amazing.

Online, though, people are absolutely flaming me. I am good at the game (or so I thought??)

Don’t know how much I’m gonna venture into actual gaming but this is- and I’m not joking- the first time I have ever personally owned a video game console or game.

I have purchased an XBox for the express purpose of playing NHL ‘23. Which I will say is fucking amazing.

Online, though, people are absolutely flaming me. I am good at the game (or so I thought??)

Don’t know how much I’m gonna venture into actual gaming but this is- and I’m not joking- the first time I have ever personally owned a video game console or game.
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

Give yourself some time. You're playing against kid's in Mom's basement that play hours a day.

Last edited:

Man, the amount of my life I've spent gaming. The only other person here that can probably relate is @AWP. I've logged thousands of hours on Diablo 3.

Man, the amount of my life I've spent gaming. The only other person here that can probably relate is @AWP. I've logged thousands of hours on Diablo 3.

That's a pretty big assumption... My first (computer) video game was a Joust clone on the TRS-80 in about 1985. I've been a non-stop gamer in my free time ever since. Currently playing Hogwart's Legacy, 7 Days to Die (phenomenal game for replayability in a base builder), Virtual Pool 4, Project Cars 2, Tropico 6 and Stellaris. No first person shooters at the moment because of an issue with my left hand, but I play a wide range and I play a LOT.

Diablo 3 is awesome and D4 is coming out this summer; early reviews are pretty good.

Destiny tracks your game play with two metrics: time in the game doing stuff and time in orbit ( kind of a holding area) or the Tower (your social space/ bounty collection, etc. I think I have something like 4800 hours in game (Steam says 4600, but I'm adding the pre-Steam days) with north of 2600 actually doing stuff in game. That is since June 2019 and puts me in the top 8% of players for time played which is hilarious because I am no kidding bottom 15% in certain PvP modes.

Lightfall drops next Tuesday, looks like I'm working from home...

TL:DR Enjoy the game and ignore the shitheads.

I get it which is why I stayed away from Destiny for over a year, the human element. I've since learned that you have to let that shit go. As Rack said you are playing kids who sit at home and that's all they do plus the reaction times of 15-25 year olds are vastly better than guys our age. People retire (not kidding) as eSports players when they are 23. Several Destiny content creators are former champs in games like CS:GO. D2's pvp mode is so much more relaxed than professional eSports so that isn't surprising.

Anywho, when some kid t-bags me I usually let it go. The only time I get a little salty is when they bag me for no reason and then I get a little toxic. If you ever go into Call of Duty or Battlefield you will see some absolutely racist, homophobic, misogynistic shit. Kids running their mouths so to speak, internet tough guys. One of Battlefield 4's busiest servers was named George Floyd Gaming. You will eventually see stuff like that and I wouldn't allow it to define a game. D2's community is really good, the shitheads tend to take a banhammer from the game.

Anywho, when some kid t-bags me I usually let it go. The only time I get a little salty is when they bag me for no reason and then I get a little toxic. If you ever go into Call of Duty or Battlefield you will see some absolutely racist, homophobic, misogynistic shit. Kids running their mouths so to speak, internet tough guys. One of Battlefield 4's busiest servers was named George Floyd Gaming. You will eventually see stuff like that and I wouldn't allow it to define a game. D2's community is really good, the shitheads tend to take a banhammer from the game.
So I don't have a mic and I am not talking to anyone, cause I know enough to know I don't care that much.

This had to be the most disrespectful thing I have seen that has to be one of the quirks of the community- I was getting absolutely spanked like 4-0, and it wasn't as close as the score indicated. I couldn't even win a face off (there is some combination of moves that apparently everyone knows and I don't).

It gets to about 2:00 left, and I see the dude pulls his goalie. I was like, "Ok, fella, I see you". Then dude proceeds win the faceoff and score on himself. He repeats the process 3 more times, tie game, going to overtime.

He wins the faceoff, drives and scores, took him all of about 5 seconds.

When I tell you I immediately understood rage quitting...

Company of Heroes 3 dropped today and the reviews are lackluster. Near as I can tell from reading a few: Visually stunning with some great ideas, but the execution is kind of muddled. The AI is a bowl of warm oatmeal. The game has a lot of promise, but it will take more patches or mods to help it shine.

I love the series, so hopefully Relic fixes the game.

5 sleeps until the next D2 DLC.

Back