Gaming thread

tRON Raid report: Day 1 we got a patchwork 6 man team together, but the coordination was really off and after 5 hours (we started at 5pm EST), we called it a night without beating the first encounter. Next day we couldn't get 6 together, so that was a bummer...especially since 45k beat it day 1-2.

Positive: We ran it last night with our normal group, beat Nezzy for the first time, and I got an exotic shotgun. So I'd call it a win overall :ROFLMAO:

The Steam Spring Sale is live and runs through the 23rd.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is $19.79, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is 30, the Total War series is deeply discounted, etc.

Did anyone here get a chance to play D4 last weekend? I had family obligations that trumped playing.

Did anyone here get a chance to play D4 last weekend? I had family obligations that trumped playing.

No, but I know a couple of guys who did (one I think even had the closed beta or whatever a few months ago) and they love the game. I've been burned by some crappy AAA games before, so I'm waiting to read a few day's reviews before I commit. I love D3 though. Even on my Destiny kick (Iron Banner this week!), I still played D3. Multishot Demon Hunter FTW.

I'll take a beating for this and that's fair. World of Warships, part of the F2P "World of xxxx" family. It is actually pretty fun, take it as serious as you'd like, and don't pay for upgrades unless you are super sweaty. Available on a variety of Platforms, it will even run in the background. Not a bad diversion for certain communities out there.

Am I a gamer now?

20e.jpg

The UK has blocked Microsoft'a Activision Blizzard acquisition because..."Microsoft has a strong position in cloud gaming services and the evidence available to the CMA showed that Microsoft would find it commercially beneficial to make Activision’s games exclusive to its own cloud gaming service.”

Cloud gaming is such an incredibly small portion of the gaming landscape, and this is the argument the UK's Competition and Markets Authority and this is the argument they are using?

Since D4 is coming out I think I might build a new machine. Last one was built in 2016 on the LGA 2011-v3 (x99) platform running a 980 Ti. Thinking of picking up a 13900k with a 4090 because why the fuck not. Should be able to run D4 at like 6000 FPS.

Back