Gaming thread

With three missions left in Destiny 2:Lightfall, I'm not impressed. Granted a lot of changes happened to the overall game, but the DLC storyline and dialogue so far are bad compared to Witch Queen.

Gameplay, go buy the game. Trying to make sense of it all and your place in the story? I wish you the best.

With three missions left in Destiny 2:Lightfall, I'm not impressed. Granted a lot of changes happened to the overall game, but the DLC storyline and dialogue so far are bad compared to Witch Queen.

Gameplay, go buy the game. Trying to make sense of it all and your place in the story? I wish you the best.
Well hell, that’s disappointing….was going to try it out this weekend.

Well hell, that’s disappointing….was going to try it out this weekend.

The new location is awesome, strand will take some getting used to, and I haven't done anything outside of the campaign. The campaign though?The missions are good, the challenge on Legendary difficulty is fantastic, but the story and dialogue are horrible IMO. I was super hyped for the DLC because Witch Queen's story, lore, and dialogue were excellent. Top notch.

2 missions left in LF and I know I have to stop Calus because he's aligned with the Witness and the Witness is bad. If we don't stop them then everyone on Venus dies or something? I think we're trying to rescue people too.

3r573x0x35la1.png

Hogwarts legacy is awesome

I've been being cheap (i.e. renovating the house) and haven't bought an Xbox Series X/S yet so I'll be waiting until April, but it sounds like there are very few complaints about this game.

Even mental statements like it actually being finished before they released it. What a crazy thought that is.

Even mental statements like it actually being finished before they released it. What a crazy thought that is.
I haven't played it myself, but I was really surprised at how good it apparently is. It felt like it had a bunch of the red flags for being a soulless cash grab. IP that's basically a money printer, made by a team that's never done anything of this scale before, etc. Seems like they managed to pull it off, though, to my surprise.

I've been being cheap (i.e. renovating the house) and haven't bought an Xbox Series X/S yet so I'll be waiting until April, but it sounds like there are very few complaints about this game.

I've been in a similar situation but have been wanting a PS5.

I've been in a similar situation but have been wanting a PS5.

In the last year my wife and I have bought a house and welcomed our first child so my gaming time has dropped quite a bit.

I just started paid paternity leave and have found a little more time when not doing projects, but since they're releasing games on the old system I'm not really in a big hurry.

Hell, I just started playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for the first time, so I'm not exactly an up to date gamer as is lol.

I haven't played it myself, but I was really surprised at how good it apparently is. It felt like it had a bunch of the red flags for being a soulless cash grab. IP that's basically a money printer, made by a team that's never done anything of this scale before, etc. Seems like they managed to pull it off, though, to my surprise.

I'm sure it will turn into a cash grab as time goes on, but if they took the Rockstar route and made a solid game out of the gate before endlessly adding on, you can't really ask for more nowadays sadly.

Just an aside on my newb gaming journey- some dude I played hit me up on chat and spent like 2 hours helping me practice and get better, which was pretty cool of him. He told me he's an "old head" on the game/community... at 25. Which I found to be hilarious.

Anyway, I think I am starting to understand the online community aspect of it, so that's an unintended 2nd order consequence. Bravo, gaming community.

Just an aside on my newb gaming journey- some dude I played hit me up on chat and spent like 2 hours helping me practice and get better, which was pretty cool of him. He told me he's an "old head" on the game/community... at 25. Which I found to be hilarious.

Anyway, I think I am starting to understand the online community aspect of it, so that's an unintended 2nd order consequence. Bravo, gaming community.
He's grooming you. 🤣

Back