Gaming thread

I never play the original OW so my review is only based on OW2 experience. It’s fun for a few rounds but then it’s time to move on to something else. Same with MW2. I really was hopeful MW2 would have a hard core mode but alas all the streamers complain that it’s too hard so there isn’t one. The minimap system sucks.

I really hope a new PUBG comes out. PUBG was the shit.

One thing I see a lot of is streamers screaming about skill based matchmaking. SBMM ruins games and whatever. No, it makes you look “bad” because you can’t pub stomp lower level players like me. “Get gud, scrub” we’re told, but they don’t? If you tell them to “get gud” they shit on your ELO or k/d because you clearly aren’t on their level which means your opinion doesn’t matter.

Get gud, streamers.

Steam's Autumn Sale has dropped and runs through Nov. 29. Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2 are both 50% off (down to $29.99), lots of other games. You get the idea.

If anyone is interested in forming a crew on BF 2042 on the Xbox or is already in one and looking for bodies, let me know. I already have one buddy, still serving E-7 in the USN but will be retiring in FEB of this new year I believe.

I picked up Far Cry 5 with the deluxe add on for 15 and change. Curiously, if bundled they cost 20 bucks.

I’m still liberating Dutch’s island, but it is good so far.

I’ve been coveting a PS5 so that I can play Ghosts of Tsushimi - I tried Sekiro on XBox and rage quit for the final time about a year ago.

Availability and pricing suck on the PS5 (over $1k if you can find them) but tonight…the boy WON ONE at his work party. He’s over at my house now hooking it up.

735533C7-FF04-415E-88E3-DDADC87EE632.jpeg

I’ve been coveting a PS5 so that I can play Ghosts of Tsushimi - I tried Sekiro on XBox and rage quit for the final time about a year ago.

Availability and pricing suck on the PS5 (over $1k if you can find them) but tonight…the boy WON ONE at his work party. He’s over at my house now hooking it up.

View attachment 41058
God of war Ragnarok you won’t be disappointed

View attachment 41058

Congrats!!

season 3 adam demamp GIF by Workaholics

Company of Heroes 3 drops Feb. 23, 2023 and is available on current gen consoles. (I think console support is a first for the series?) Not being a console guy, the game play looks great. I hope trying to make it available for the peasant class didn't ruin it for actual gamers.

Diablo 4 is Jun. 6, 2023 and if you pre-purchase you receive early access to the Open Beta. Early reviews are pretty good so far.

Looking forward also to Space Marine 2, arriving next year. Played the first one 10 years ago or so. Will be available for PC, XBOX and PS5. Very curious about the multiplayer.

B: “You have no honor”
A: ”And you are a slave to it”

B: “The Shogun has declared you a traitor”
A: “and my head is the cost”.
B: ”Taking it is my punishment”.

Ghost of Tsushima is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played.

The war in the Ukraine has claimed a game developer. I never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but know it was very popular.

Blue Skies

Bungie and other game developers are suing various hacking companies. Aimbots, wall hacks, unlimited ammo type of hacking which really ruins the game for everyone but the cheater.

Anywho, one of the lawsuits turned up this wonderful nugget:

To wit: the hacking software was logging open browser tabs which included a child's online learning session and a DoD employee's session with the mhsgenesis.health.mil portal.

I hope winning that game of pvp was worth the data breach.

Back