Gaming thread

Finally beat the very first boss of Elden Ring. Originally got the game back in May, played for a week and got stuck on Margit. After 20 tries I just put the game down and walked away. My friends clowned on me for weeks at a time; they told me “git good scrub!”

So I finally did. Then got the next two bosses who were, comparatively, much easier.

Finally beat the very first boss of Elden Ring. Originally got the game back in May, played for a week and got stuck on Margit. After 20 tries I just put the game down and walked away. My friends clowned on me for weeks at a time; they told me “git good scrub!”

So I finally did. Then got the next two bosses who were, comparatively, much easier.

I’ve heard that game is pretty hard. Some Destiny sweats/ content creators played the game and loved it, but also stated the game was harder than they expected.

Even the sweats in my D2 clan commented on ER’s difficulty.

I’ve heard that game is pretty hard. Some Destiny sweats/ content creators played the game and loved it, but also stated the game was harder than they expected.

Even the sweats in my D2 clan commented on ER’s difficulty.
All of the Dark Souls games are tough. ER is hard, but there are a lot of different ways to play it that don’t all involve becoming a sweatlord. From what I’ve seen, you cant really out-gear the challenges, but you can use summons and spells to reduce your risk a bit.

I'm probably the only guy banging away on Destiny 2, but for those in it or getting back into the game:

The new season begins the 23rd at 1PM EST. 12PM EST that day Bungie will have a Destiny showcase talking about the way forward. All of the classes were reworked with Arc 3.0 dropping next week at reset (1PM EST). Buildcrafting is nearly a must now instead of "equip these two exotics" from days past. Bungie has leaned heavily into weapon crafting with some insane perk combinations available, but...

The game is still a grind and that will never change. You need 5 weapon patterns to unlock a crafted weapon and then you need so many kills and/ or activity completions to level up those weapons.

The lore/ storylines out now are ridiculous, making it a true "space opera." I find it more involved than Fallout or Elder Scrolls to be honest. The base game is free to play and leaves you with some decent content to help you decide if you want to purchase seasons or DLC.

Again, the game is still a grind and that will never change. With that said, I'm in the game daily so if you want a carry through some content to reduce your time and give you an XP boost, shoot me a PM or a whisper in game to Max's Red Rocket#3545. Bring a friend and we can absolutely smoke through some Nightfalls, story lines, and quests even faster.

Spending 20-30 minutes a few times a week in game chasing small bounties will pay huge dividends. The game is an elephant, eat it one bite at a time.

Little over 3 hours to the Destiny Showcase, 4 hours to the new season, and about 4.5-5 hours before the overloaded servers will allow me to log in. New seasons are always a PITA because you have about a million people trying to log in at once. Maybe half that, but still...

Last edited:
Hunters with an actual Arc Super WOOT WOOT!!!

A goddamn Hunter...

PLEASE tell me you aren't one of those whiney Guardians who complain about Bungie hating Hunters, hunters are weak, hunters aren't viable in end game content...PLEASE tell me you aren't "that guy."

destiny 2 intro GIF by DestinyTheGame

Fortnite and Destiny crossover w/ skins. Download Destiny 2 from the Epic Games store and get the 30th anniversary pack for free. For the next week ALL expansions are free...try before buy I guess. No content vaulting, new supers, new element with Lightfall next year...

How's your new season treating you @AWP ?

Just to follow up, almost a week in...The seasonal activity is solid and the story is very good; Bungie's narrative game gets better and better. A LOT of bugs though and while they don't affect me, people are gonna' people and complain (some deservedly). Day One raid is over, I didn't participate but all reviews are fantastic.

You have until Tuesday to download the game from the Epic Store and receive the 30th Anniversary content for free. Until Tuesday you can also play all of the content for free as a nice "try before you buy" option. The 30th anniversary content is pretty solid, so I'd recommend anyone interested in the game to take advantage of that.

Arc 3.0 builds are finally being explored, I figure those will reach maturity in a week or less. Craftable weapons are solid and Bungie made it easier to obtain the weapon patterns.

The game is in a good place heading into the release of Lightfall in Feb. 2023. Lightfall is bringing a ton of functionality to the game along with the story. D2 nerds like myself are on the hype train for LF because Bungie is hitting more than it is missing these days and not every AAA developer can say the same.

A con, a huge one and I try to be fair: the bar to entry right now is kind of steep in time involved. You need an experienced player to help you through the first 5 or so hours of gameplay to explain things to you. Bungie has indicated it will change that with the release of LF, but...who knows? The D2 community is more forgiving than others online, but can still be..."problematic" because people are assholes. Just another reason I offer anyone here my gamer tag. Look me up and we'll have you on your way in no time. Even spending 20-30 minutes a few times a week is huge and sets you up for raids and dungeons if that's your thing.

Destiny, World of Warcraft, Diablo3 (and soon Diablo 4), Eve Online, plus a bunch of others are in the same boat: they are communities. They are designed as such to pull you in and keep you in. That isn't for everyone. I went from a hardcore RTS guy to a casual RTS guy when I'm not playing Destiny. I have a gazillion hours in the Hearts of Iron series, Rise of Nations, Civ 5, C&C: Generals, the Borderlands series, Elder Scrolls series, and Fallout series...and I've stayed with Destiny. Everyone has their "thing." One day, mine won't be Destiny, but until then? Eyes up, Guardian.

Back