Gaming thread

I've seen a lot of elaborate flight and driving simulator set-ups, but this is the first tank simulator I've seen like this.

The funny thing is, for as elaborate as they made this with loader and everything, they still seem to be playing on a 48" wall-mounted monitor. 😁

Gamer me: That's pretty cool, I respect the effort.
The rest of me: That's pretty fucking stupid, but you do you.

Destiny 2: The Final Shape has promise...once they fix their fucking servers. This is a historic trend, but doesn't bode well for the World's First race this weekend.

Anyway, I've fought the weasel and his friends for hours now; Insha'Allah the servers will provide for me.

Earlier I watched a crew on BF2042, have an F35 hover by them, stick C5 to the bottom of it's nose, and had the pilot fly into and timed the C5 to go off.

Not going to lie, that's impressive in finding newer ways to have fun with the game.

Armored Core 6 has been out for a few months. Picked it up a week ago. It's very well done. If you're a giant robot nerd and like fast paced gameplay this series is great. Difficult, but great.

Last edited:
This is a true story. I completed 2 missions in 4-5 hours before I stopped fighting and played something else for the night.

Today? No issues. I still think the World's First for the new raid will be a shitshow.
I couldn't even load into the tower and I took the day off...stupidly...but, ya...I'm not expecting good things from the raid day 1.

And I hate that, because I feel like they actually made a good product this time, but history and bugs are gonna sandbag it

I just "finished" the story. Overall, I thought it was great, but not maybe not as good as Witch Queen. I like that they gave us prismatic and we didn't spend the entire story learning that instead of...the actual story. A couple of neat twists and turns, Bungie killed the aesthetic as always, and the mechanics/ "puzzles" were solid. I think WQ was a little better here too, but TFS' dunk/ icon stuff was well done.

I've done nothing but finish the campaign, so I have no idea what the DLC and overhauls brought us. I do like the new HUD info and adding elemental colors to the armor modifiers is pretty slick.

I think it clocks in around a B+ or A-.

*Insert hate emoji*

6 months...and this is what we get 😒

I'm not a designer, so it's possible my anger is misplaced...but this really feels bad...

Maybe there are studios out there who get it right from the launch, but I haven't played their games. Bungie, Blizzard, and Activision all have problems with new releases, particularly with server load balancing. Live service games are hard to pull off on the backend, particularly in the first few days.

That said, while I like what I've seen...what would we have had they not delayed TFS' release? I doubt we'll ever know that answer.

Maybe there are studios out there who get it right from the launch, but I haven't played their games. Bungie, Blizzard, and Activision all have problems with new releases, particularly with server load balancing. Live service games are hard to pull off on the backend, particularly in the first few days.

That said, while I like what I've seen...what would we have had they not delayed TFS' release? I doubt we'll ever know that answer.
Ya, server issues are a given as far as I'm concerned. 99.99% of the time you don't have everybody logging on at once, so that's forgivable for a few hours imo.

What killed me was the variety of game ending bugs that reminded me of day 1 Vow. Add to that the 12-ish hours we had to wait for those largely to vanish, only for more added downtime today...idk, feels bad.

Diablo 4 had some issues at launch, but it was far more playable. Again, maybe I'm being too critical, but it just felt really bad considering the extra time they had to polish the final product.

On a positive note, the campaign seems good so far and I think Prismatic has a lot of room for exploration which seems super cool :D

Having finished the main campaign, to include the 12 man event, this is the best DLC in D2's history. I was skeptical until I finished all of the cutscenes and ran some of the side quests.

I think next week Bungie announces D3.

@AWP, so far a really good story line....I just got the transcendence super. Gonna stop here for the night.
I'm on the road through Thursday, so I'm look forward to everyone's thoughts. I haven't even tried any prismatic builds. The seasonal artifact that allows strand tangles to double their explosive radius is kind of bonkers.

Back