Græy Berets

I haven't seen a thread this fucked up since the DOT thread, but the problem is some of you are dead serious.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest is in town. Ima have one of those and watch Tombstone because this thread is a dumpster fire.

Would some of you just look at yourselves? Have a little bit of situational awareness?

I know that I'm a nobody maroon beret and that within the community I'm not really welcome, but I just wanted to chime in.

The nature of warfare is changing. We can make fun of PysOps, but with the advent of modern technology they're about to play a huge role in the way modern warfare is waged. As the globalized world order is shattered influence will play a very large part in how we (as Americans), not just SOF, conducts operations in a fractured world.

Information and the mind space is about to become as important as logistics, nukes, ect. Our adversaries have been taking advantage of this gap in our operational mindset (think Chicom's and soft power). Yes we can kill targets... but if our forays in the ME and Vietnam have any bearing I think that having people who can bend the mind of a populace, to better align with our goals, will be just as useful as a couple battalion of hard chargers.

That said, I am mistrustful of psyops given their expanded mission parameters (presence in the US info-sphere), but they are about to play a huge role in how we operate in a fractured world. We can't discount them over a spat over berets.

Why don’t you stay out of anything related to actual military affairs, SOF or anything related to the subject matter that the board is related to, because you have no experience and have no idea what any of these units do.

I wrote a much meaner response but this one is still accurate. Bottom line: stfu about anything outside of your lane you fucking doofus.

Maybe if CA and PsyOps focused more on being competent at their jobs and less on what hat they wear they wouldn’t be the laughing stock of the SOF community.
I just appreciate the irony of PsyOps, whose jobs is to influence change on a global/regional/anything scale, being unable to influence change of a uniform item within their own ranks.

I haven't seen a thread this fucked up since the DOT thread, but the problem is some of you are dead serious.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest is in town. Ima have one of those and watch Tombstone because this thread is a dumpster fire.

Would some of you just look at yourselves? Have a little bit of situational awareness?

I'm having bourbon and binge watching the series, 1883, prequel to Yellowstone. Oh yeah...

I dunno. I think there is a level of disrespect that goes back to the 4th POG thread, much of it through misunderstanding. If they wanna have their beret that's on them. The military has been celebrating childish stuff for a while. That said, given the nature of the nature of pysops, I wonder if this is them testing the waters to see how the community at large will react to small changes in unit identity.

I'm cool with disagreement. I grew up in an infantry battalion, thick skin is a requirement. Not cool with duplicity and shenanigans that bleed over into ones private life.
What shenanigans are bleeding over? And into who’s personal life? Please, spill the tea queen.

I mean…you are literally saying “they did it, why can’t we?” That’s the well thought out and tactical strategy the alleged mind-fuckers at PSYOP came up with to get their way?

The following may get me flamed a bit, but that’s okay.

I don’t get the hard-on for wearing a beret; actually that’s not true, I do understand the hard-on for it…wearing a beret allows the wearer to have a moment of feeding their SF Green Beret fantasy. You know it, I know it, and the American people know it.

Before @Muppet comes trying to track me down, I get that Rangers and Airborne earn their berets and have for years (since the early 1970’s if memory serves), I‘m aware of the pride and significance of those berets and have no joke or bone to make about them.

Everyone else? Jesus the whole Army went Black Beret back in 2001, literally because Big Army wanted its’ solders to feel a little more ‘special’. Now you’ve got PSYOP whining because “The Green Berets did it, why can’t we?”

If you want to wear a beret that bad, go to selection and earn it.

Fuck.

Personally I think the USMC covers are pretty dope and am glad we never went down the ghay-ass beret route.

1662466612487.png
1662466644960.png

But when Marines do it, it is cool.....

I kid, I kid. I get the pride over the beret. I also get why people are getting wrapped around the axel over 'new' colors.

I'd wear one in hella hearbeat (I mean, I earned a green beret with the Royal Marines, but never wore it CONUS). They are worth the pride.

Some of y'all never wore the Navy dixie cup and it shows....

(God bless Ripley.)

Just remembering the ridiculousness over SFAB and the brown berets. Did they ever get those or did they have to stage a sit-in?

I’m biased, but the Marines are pretty sensible about uniform bling: NONE… unless it’s something you earned. And no division/regimental patches. Your ribbons, your marksmanship, your rank and jump/dive/Raider stuff. Only the 6th Marines are authorized the Fourragere.
My experience with Marines is that they would wear every bit of flair that they were authorized to. I suspect if Marines were authorized to wear additional bling, they would happily do so.

Goddammit, sir, you’re right, I’m saying through my tears of regret and envy. We’re jealous. Goddammit, we’re jealous. We earn shit but we don’t get to sport it like you guys. I should have that Jungle Expert patch I earned in Panama. I should have an Air Assault badge. I should have an Amphibious Assault badge if they ever made one. I should get to wear a beret too, just because. Y’know what we have to wear? A hat called a Piss Cutter. A fucking Piss Cutter that looks like the ice cream man wears. Goddammit, I admit it, we’re fucking flaming cringing balling shitting our pants green with envy. This is not sarcasm. This is a volcano of pent up anguish and misery.

One word: Dixie cup. (OK, that's two words...)

Quit yer bitchin'.....

(God bless Ripley.)

Just remembering the ridiculousness over SFAB and the brown berets. Did they ever get those or did they have to stage a sit-in?

I’m biased, but the Marines are pretty sensible about uniform bling: NONE… unless it’s something you earned. And no division/regimental patches. Your ribbons, your marksmanship, your rank and jump/dive/Raider stuff. Only the 6th Marines are authorized the Fourragere.
SFAB has their shit brown berets.

Back