Græy Berets

My experience with Marines is that they would wear every bit of flair that they were authorized to. I suspect if Marines were authorized to wear additional bling, they would happily do so.
The corps only lets Marines have a new piece of flair every 10 years or so, in between rounds of beatings and force reductions. You better believe they’re gonna wear it! (if authorized)

The corps only lets Marines have a new piece of flair every 10 years or so, in between rounds of beatings and force reductions. You better believe they’re gonna wear it! (if authorized)

Marines:

office space flair GIF

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it earlier, but are we ignoring the thread's title was typed with a non-English keyboard or something?

And a call to arms for this topic came from a Facebook meme group?

Maybe this IS a psyop and we were all trolled. It has to be...
I noticed it, but didn't care enough to ask. I figured maybe it's some Old English or Norse spelling thing... I don't know, kind of like a Punisher skull, but for PSYOP.

PSYOP has been around since 1917, and since before there was SF, the black knight chess piece has been a symbol of our capability. That team has only been officially called Black Knights since 1999. Before that, they were mules, officially. So who’s the jackass NOW?
I'm not sure you're going to get anywhere with making this point. Pick your battles.

I know that I'm a nobody maroon beret and that within the community I'm not really welcome, but I just wanted to chime in.

The nature of warfare is changing. We can make fun of PysOps, but with the advent of modern technology they're about to play a huge role in the way modern warfare is waged. As the globalized world order is shattered influence will play a very large part in how we (as Americans), not just SOF, conducts operations in a fractured world.

Information and the mind space is about to become as important as logistics, nukes, ect. Our adversaries have been taking advantage of this gap in our operational mindset (think Chicom's and soft power). Yes we can kill targets... but if our forays in the ME and Vietnam have any bearing I think that having people who can bend the mind of a populace, to better align with our goals, will be just as useful as a couple battalion of hard chargers.

That said, I am mistrustful of psyops given their expanded mission parameters (presence in the US info-sphere), but they are about to play a huge role in how we operate in a fractured world. We can't discount them over a spat over berets.
I like and accept you and the Bunny. But, this is from another on the fringe, old dude🤣🤣🤣

Our biggest thrill in headgear was the PC with "cateyes" on the back. Instead of the regular ballcap with our OG101's🤷🏽‍♂️

Here’s mine; I got it in 91’ from a Britt after a deployment.

I won’t pretend to say I earned it for anything heroic, but I absolutely earned it.

View attachment 40518

Love it. They made us do the commando course to "earn" it, but I suspect they weren't quite as stringent on our completion times as they were their own people.

My "snood"/neck gaiter. I used the hell out of this.

16627574538241793982658188109961.jpg

@Ooh-Rah But the US Marines and Navy corpsmen? Absolute brothers. It was without doubt part my favorite experience of being in the military.
Same, it was a fantastic three months with them. I will also say, even though my dumb ass can’t learn a second language, I pick up an accent really easily and it took me months to drop the British accent once I got back to Okinawa.

Same, it was a fantastic three months with them. I will also say, even though my dumb ass can’t learn a second language, I pick up an accent really easily and it took me months to drop the British accent once I got back to Okinawa.

I think it's easier for us to pick up their accidents than it is for them to learn the flat American accent. My struggle was the more they drank, the less I understood. How can we be using the same language but not understand a word they're saying?

Back