Guess SCAR is a done deal.

Caliber or platform ??

If the Beretta is maintained, as it should be, it's a darn good pistol. Alway's has been, alway's will be.

Just my :2c:

I agree that the M9 is a very accurate pistol, one of the more accurate service pistols in use.

However the weight and reliability has been proven to be unpractical in combat. If the military is going to stay with a 9mm pistol, I think they should look at a much higher capacity and a much lighter pistol design. A polymer frame with a capacity of 20 rounds and reliability in all environments would be ideal, if this could be accomplished while keeping it as accurate as the M9. I believe conventional and SOF would be much more content with a 9mm pistol vs. a .45 ACP.

The old-timers will always want a .45 ACP, the same way they will always want a 7.62mm rifle.:2c:

"iz good weapon, good weight.... if it doesn't work, you can always hit him with it...." - Boris the Blade

Dude. No. No. No.

"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work... you can always hit them with it."

Repeat after me, "Wikiquote is my friend."

Quick question about the SCAR (I see it with the EoTech), from an uneducated Air Force puke:

Are you guys finding that you get dirt/sand down into the small (exposed) projection hole on the EoTech, and lose the DOT? Is a sealed unit with two lenses (like the Aimpoint) to just wipe clean a better setup?

I was using the Eotech because it was issued with the rifle at the time.
That said, given recent experiences with the latest model in training, I personally will not be using the Eotech sight for anything except maybe a paperweight.

This: http://www.aimpoint.com/products/aimpoint_product_lines/aimpoint_compm4_and_compm4s

... is the new hotness. It's what's currently mounted forward on my shorty (inside voice).

Exactly. A sealed unit seems better, as I was having trouble with my EoTech clone (knockoff) getting dust/sand in the small projection hole, and losing the DOT.
I scraped it, and got a sealed model similar to the aimpoint. Now, I just have to occasionally wipe the lenses. No dust/dirt issues.

I was using the Eotech because it was issued with the rifle at the time.
That said, given recent experiences with the latest model in training, I personally will not be using the Eotech sight for anything except maybe a paperweight.

This: http://www.aimpoint.com/products/aimpoint_product_lines/aimpoint_compm4_and_compm4s

... is the new hotness. It's what's currently mounted forward on my shorty (inside voice).

I was issued a COMPM4 on my last deployment, my EOTech replaced it in 3 weeks... But then again I have never had anything good to say about aimpoint, I wont trust my life to one ever again. I broke three in 04-05 and one in 08, ACOG TA31f is the way to go IMO (but EOtech is the best CQM sight I have used yet).

Please open a different thread if you'd like to continue the optic convo gents. Back to the SCAR...

It may seem as if I have nothing good to say about the SCAR. On the contrary, I think it has potential. I just don't want me or my guys used for R&D when lives are depending on it. Ask the VN vets who got the early M-16's how that works out.

On the plus side, the EGLM seems well thought out. It's light, strong, accurate and adaptable to the M-4. The sight system for it also seems good.

One of the tricks we use with the M203 is to use it in a "crew-served" mode, with one guy loading as the gunner concentrates on engaging the target and sliding the barrel.
Well, this little trick works even better with the EGLM. With the "loader" standing on the right and, the barrel having the ability to kick out to the side, we were easily able to keep three rounds in the air and going downrange and could sustain this rate as long as there was ammo. It was sorta like a slow Mk-19.

Back