Hillary Clinton's Private E-Mail Draws Scrutiny

Really, you should take that supposed FBI agent with an entire shaker of salt. There's no way of verifying that he (or she) is legit, and the fact that they hit every single hard-right talking point leads me to believe that this is just some /pol/ troll. I mean, the poster manages to tie in a CFR one-world conspiracy, George Soros (funding all levels of government, apparently), and some bizarre point about "Blacks are inherently violent and impulsive...and they can be, for lack of a better term, domesticated." It doesn't read like anything an actual FBI employee would write.

I understand that, I said the same thing. I'm just saying that there isn't really a reason for Comey to have made the statement he made unless he wanted to leave the door open for later... say after a new AG is appointed early next year.

I don't see the FBI playing a long game in this case. The only consequence of the announcement is her swearing in on Jan. 20. The FBI just flat-out allowed numerous people to break the law. Barring a small miracle, one of them will be the next President of the United States.

Interesting that the NDAs she and her staff signed (312 and 4414) clearly say mishandling could result in loss of continued eligibility for access to classified material.

Prove that there is only one set of rules: permanently pull her and her staff's access. THAT is exactly what would happen to anyone else.

Interesting that the NDAs she and her staff signed (312 and 4414) clearly say mishandling could result in loss of continued eligibility for access to classified material.

Prove that there is only one set of rules: permanently pull her and her staff's access. THAT is exactly what would happen to anyone else.

That is true. I'm not sure her or anyone else would be criminally prosecuted, if they did the exact same thing. They would surely lose access...

That is true. I'm not sure her or anyone else would be criminally prosecuted, if they did the exact same thing. They would surely lose access...

A clearance to a USG employee is like a weapon to a SF guy: can't be a good one without access to it.

I would think the prosecution would focus on HOW the info, especially the emails with the portion markings, went from SI channels to her server. Her IT guy with immunity would probably know or at least the sender of the email but it seems they never dug into that.

Tough to find a criminal act if they never looked for it.

A clearance to a USG employee is like a weapon to a SF guy: can't be a good one without access to it.

I would think the prosecution would focus on HOW the info, especially the emails with the portion markings, went from SI channels to her server. Her IT guy with immunity would probably know or at least the sender of the email but it seems they never dug into that.

Tough to find a criminal act if they never looked for it.

Yeah.

I have just seen here and other places where people are talking about how they would be in Leavenworth or whatever, the issue, in my experience is that isn't how it actually goes. We have had issues with security in group, and guys get in trouble, they sure as hell don't face criminal charges. They may lose a tab, get kicked from group etc, just not jail.

Yeah.

I have just seen here and other places where people are talking about how they would be in Leavenworth or whatever, the issue, in my experience is that isn't how it actually goes. We have had issues with security in group, and guys get in trouble, they sure as hell don't face criminal charges. They may lose a tab, get kicked from group etc, just not jail.

How many guys got off Scott free?

Yeah.

A minor "leak" or compromise wouldn't land you in jail. BUT doing what her and her staff did, would. Purposefully moving data from an isolated network to a private server and transmitting over the interwebz is a major infraction. We're not talking 1 or 2 people. The # of people involved or that would have had knowledge of is huge. Everyone in her office and anyone that received emails from her (POTUS included) are negligent in their duties.

It's over. If she wins the election, nothing further is going to happen to Cersei with regard to her emails. She's won the great game.

A minor "leak" or compromise wouldn't land you in jail. BUT doing what her and her staff did, would. Purposefully moving data from an isolated network to a private server and transmitting over the interwebz is a major infraction. We're not talking 1 or 2 people. The # of people involved or that would have had knowledge of is huge. Everyone in her office and anyone that received emails from her (POTUS included) are negligent in their duties.

I honestly wonder what kind of IA training she had.

Back