Israel refuses to tell US its Iran intentions

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
i don't know how reliable the UK Telegraph is.
Couple of points I want to make are:

1. IDF should be preparing for a war with Iran, as Iran will attack Israel if they think they can win. Professional Militaries prepare for war as a deterrent.

2. If the story is true; then Obama's constant snubbing of the Jewish Leader is now biting him in the ass. Don't be a jerk to someone who you may need in the future.

The story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...l-refuses-to-tell-US-its-Iran-intentions.html

Israel has refused to reassure President Barack Obama that it would warn him in advance of any pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuclear capabilities, raising fears that it may be planning a go-it-alone attack as early as next summer...........

Just last week I had to do a paper on what I would advise the President if this were to happen.

Netanyhu is a cunt. (Sorry of this sounds like it's written on a toilet wall but WTF).

I'm sure Israel gave strong consideration to destroying Iran's nuclear program before it matured to the point it has reached now. It seems to me that any attack on Iran by Israel carries certain risks; I'm not convinced that the risks are less because they chose to defer any action/decision until Iran made significant progress.

One thing is certain-the Israelis will defend their country as they see fit. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I have been reading and a lot of experts who ever they are have doubts if Israel has the capabilities to take out all of Irans nuke capabilities alone. They seem to think the US or another power in the west like England would be required to disable the entire capability.
I read where Russia is saying it would be a big mistake for somebody to attack Iran. Big talk but I don't know what capabilities they still have.
Putting a Iranian fleet presence off the coast of the US would allow a vertical launch short range delivery vehicle to deliver a nuke.
I wonder if we should worry?

Netanyhu is a cunt. (Sorry of this sounds like it's written on a toilet wall but WTF).

What? Why?

He's is a dynamic leader and one that has the balls to do what is needed, and that is wipe out the nuclear threat to the Jewish state. I hope Israel nukes Iran before the reverse happens because it surely will. I have said many times in the past that I don't want to go to war with Iran because they are a potential ally once we dispose of the Islamic BS they live under now. But "we" cannot allow Iran to become a nuclear power. Israel and us must destroy that before it matures. I will happily go to war against Iran if it is in the defense of Israel, the one and only democracy in the middle east.

Firstly, I'm pro Isreal, I'm not a fifth columnist for Hamas, Fatah or anyone. Similarly, I can live in country and disagree with policy. But the stance he takes in the name of "peace" is a nonsense and he has no intention of solving the ME question
On Iran and nukes, it's been proven recently and published by the IAEA that they have the capability but they would be insane to use it against Israel as the fallout would be the big IF in the equation. Would it harm their regional proxies? I do think a nuclear Iran is a danger however and must be watched carefully.

On Iran and nukes, it's been proven recently and published by the IAEA that they have the capability but they would be insane to use it against Israel as the fallout would be the big IF in the equation.

They are bro, thats why people are freaking the hell out. Iran has said they would destroy Israel, I believe they will try.

Yes understood JAB, IMO the sabre rattling is for domestic consumption in Iran.

Not busting your balls bro, but the saber rattling is not really such. Iran has actively funded terror groups in an effort to attack Israel, the US and many more places. They have attacked UK troops Navy forces in the past and they have told the whole world that they will destroy Israel, etc. It’s pretty clear that if they have the capability, that they will do so, maybe not in the next 6 months, but I believe they will.

The only thing I think stopping WW3 from kicking off in the ME, is that China and Russia are playing politics with Iran. I think they are probably telling Iran don’t do it or we will cut off all trade and support the world in kicking your ass. Mean while they are playing the same game with the rest of the world by backing Iran, and saying don’t attack or we will back Iran, etc. We all know Russia and China are not going to war over Iran, especially against the United States.

The problem that I see, is that the Iranian government is very much insane…

Yes understood JAB, IMO the sabre rattling is for domestic consumption in Iran.
Achma-dina-boob is a nutjob who believes starting a nuclear war will bring the 12th Imam out of his hole, and usher in a world-wide conversion to Islam.

No, the saber rattling is very real. EFP's in Iraq and Afghanistan are more then saber rattling. We should have capped his ass when the EFP's showed up, but didn't. Hopefully Israel will finish what we are afraid to start.

Not busting your balls bro, but the saber rattling is not really such. Iran has actively funded terror groups in an effort to attack Israel, the US and many more places. They have attacked UK troops Navy forces in the past and they have told the whole world that they will destroy Israel, etc. It’s pretty clear that if they have the capability, that they will do so, maybe not in the next 6 months, but I believe they will.

You know the Israelis have directly attacked the US right?

I'm sure Israel gave strong consideration to destroying Iran's nuclear program before it matured to the point it has reached now. It seems to me that any attack on Iran by Israel carries certain risks; I'm not convinced that the risks are less because they chose to defer any action/decision until Iran made significant progress.

One thing is certain-the Israelis will defend their country as they see fit. It'll be interesting to see how this shakes out.
Thanks for all your replies BWT. The Israeli counter may be difficult as some of the facilities are deep on mountains or similar and hard to get at.

Back