Keeping COVID "Constructive"

First, stop smoking. Your health matters to me, brother.

Second, love the pigs. That is reminiscent of a family farm growing up, with those babies on the hog cooker overnight....

Smoked two of them for about 6 hours Sunday night....ended up with three 1 gallon bags of pulled pork. Cut the rest up for grind, gonna try a couple new sausage recipes...

Got a flock of Turkey running around out here, thinking I may need to reduce their numbers as well.

Yeah I know on the smoking, I had quit for a couple years, but the bar hopping and boozing these past few month's, I picked it back up like a damn fool. My new 26 year old girlfriend (if you can really call her that, seems more like I'm babysitting) is already on my ass about it as well...

Been finally putting in the work on some built-in casework. Unfortunately I pull a hammy and have been relegated to making lumber yard runs and squaring away my disaster of a garage (being used as a wood shop these days). The silver lining to that is that I've had boxes and boxes of random stuff that I've been meaning to go through for YEARS in my garage and tools that needed to be reorganized and these things are getting done.

Clorox wipes are virtually unfindable. Here’s what I’ve been doing, and it works really well! As an aside, I also poured the same solution into a spray bottle and use it the same way.

Clorox wipes are virtually unfindable. Here’s what I’ve been doing, and it works really well! As an aside, I also poured the same solution into a spray bottle and use it the same way.

Found this pdf for making hand sanitizers.

For a spray with isopropyl alcohol, the 70% is the lowest concentration you want to use. It loses effectivenesswwith lower concentration. I have 99% and mix it 70 alcohol and 30 water. I also have some ALCOOL 94% that I will use. I have it in a spray bottle and spray liberally any mail or anything with packaging (groceries) that comes into the house. Let it dry and you're GTG.

Why Is 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) a Better Disinfectant than 99% Isopropanol, and What Is IPA Used For?

Attachments

• usp-covid19-handrub.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
Upcoming project to replace the last two toilets in the house with Toto toilets. I'm thinking I will move the youngest's toilet (already Toto) into the guest bath upstairs and replace it with the Vespin II. Then put the Promenade II into mine. The Drake is a great price (even when compared with the Drake II) but it has an altered bowl for short rooms and the reviews on other short front toilets say they don't fit men very well. What do you guys think?
options.png

Upcoming project to replace the last two toilets in the house with Toto toilets. I'm thinking I will move the youngest's toilet (already Toto) into the guest bath upstairs and replace it with the Vespin II. Then put the Promenade II into mine. The Drake is a great price (even when compared with the Drake II) but it has an altered bowl for short rooms and the reviews on other short front toilets say they don't fit men very well. What do you guys think?
View attachment 32960

View attachment 32960

So you decided against the Ferguson, the King of Bowls?

View attachment 32960

I have the original Promenade, it's comfy.

I busted out my mountain bike today and brought in to my LBS. A few months ago I took a pretty hard off a log and my rear derailleur needed to be adjusted. Looking forward to hitting some trails this weekend.

Back