Keeping COVID "Constructive"

I have a couple of my sons out running, trying to get them to seriously train for a 5K.

My oldest daughter is baking more (to my detriment) and playing piano more (to my pleasure).

@Marauder06 , you have a great plan. I have a couple small rucks I use to do the same thing, with a 45# plate.

@lindy I believe I could relieve you of some of those items ;-)

Still too cool and the weather unpredictable to do much outside in the yard or around the exterior of the house. That will change as the weather warms.

I had a little project that had been dragging on for months (posted in the What's Your Poison? thread) but I wrapped that up early last week.

Mostly, I've been killing time getting caught up on podcasts and doing a little reading (something I don't do enough of). This has inspired thoughts in a few different areas; no real action yet though.

I'd like to get back into shape but...well, I'm still just too lazy right now. I did take the dog on a 3.2 mile run/walk yesterday though; he's lazy too. Probably do that again today.

It feels like there are all kinds of skills I could/should be brushing up on or learning. I should be productive but I'm just not right now. Maybe tomorrow....

Last edited:
I've gained my commute hours to my personal life. Whoop. A whole 20-30 minutes. Still have to dress like I'm at work, thank you video meetings which can happen with minimal warning.
That's unfortunate. We've eliminated the video function for virtually all meetings because it's too bandwidth intensive. We're just fine with audio only and screen sharing.

Even prior to that, I placed electrical tape over my camera. I don't do video meetings. It adds no value; I don't need to see the faces of the people on my team and they sure don't want to look at mine!

That's unfortunate. We've eliminated the video function for virtually all meetings because it's too bandwidth intensive. We're just fine with audio only and screen sharing.

Even prior to that, I placed electrical tape over my camera. I don't do video meetings. It adds no value; I don't need to see the faces of the people on my team and they sure don't want to look at mine!

Just make sure your mic is muted before you flush.

Just make sure your mic is muted before you flush.

True story:

Every morning M-F at 9 am we have a TelEx/WebEx for our department members, hospital leadership, state officials, and usually (but not always) a CDC rep. This morning one of my co-workers did not have his line muted, and spilled coffee: "Goddammit, mothereffing, shitty-ass blahbity blah blah blah...."

Out hospital CEO/president came on after the awkward silence and asked, "Pam (my ultimate boss and associate chief nursing officer), does one of your people have Tourette's?" We all laughed. He's embarrassed. I told him when he is fired I am taking his office.

Teleworking as a federal employee means teleconferencing...I've muted the phone and I'm looping Desolation Row...seems appropriate...
"And someone says, "You're in the wrong place, my friend, you'd better leave"
And the only sound that's left after the ambulances go
Is Cinderella sweeping up on Desolation Row "
So anyway, c'est la vie...

I love the soap dispenser!!!
I don't like keeping big plastic bottles or boxes (dishwasher pods) on the sink. I put everything in glass. In this case it was a recycled bottle with a pump I ordered. I'm working on a second soap dispenser as time (and my evening intake) allows. 8-) :ROFLMAO:

Back