Keeping COVID "Constructive"

The Boys (Age 17) have not exactly been “motivated” to get school started today, so I had my own school.

The picture is “arts and crafts”, I had them turn a Dixie cup inside out without ripping or tearing. It’s harder than you might think!

For English They wrote a haiku.

M:
Haikus are stupid
I don’t enjoy this at all
Stop this foolishness

J:
Don’t post this online
My dad is out of his mind
Haikus are stupid

I told them that tomorrow for Gym, we are going to go outside and pick up sticks!

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 1.27.14 PM.png

Since I work in film/TV, I've got zero work to do. We got out of NYC in the first week of March and have been hiding out on our property two hours north of the city. We're usually only here a few days at a time, so projects have been piling up. I refinished the 1000 sq ft deck. Power washed and sealed the outdoor teak furniture. Repainted the deck and porch railings. Painted the brick fireplace that I've hated for 20 years. I got on the roof yesterday and repointed the chimney. I bought a sewing machine and have made a couple dozen masks. I still plan to paint the porch ceiling, build some shelves for my basement and reorganize that and the garage. Fun times.

My daughter's big wedding celebration was supposed to be on May 16th but of course, that's been postponed. 😞 I'm hoping that they'll drive up here from the city (he's an NYPD detective so he's essential) and we can do a ceremony in our field - I can get 'ordained' online. They can keep 'socially distant' from us by staying in our basement apt. which has a separate entrance. Some honeymoon! 🤣

Stay safe, y'all!

2F7EB9F7-ECEF-4918-8759-F5966479333A.jpeg
CBA2A088-184C-4543-AC57-6C655F48B3BF_1_201_a.jpeg

Why is the top at the bottom?

The luthier who built it explained that he bought it off of the previous owner after the owner broke the top off of it, and the luthier decided to put the replacement head on the bottom instead of the top. He did a great job, it looks like it came this way from the factory. Tuning is more of a mental game than it is with my other guitars, but it looks and sounds great.

Being black and kind of "missing" a head, I decided I was going to name it the Headless Horseman, but then I found out about the "Dullahan," which appealed to both the Headless Horseman vibe and my Irish heritage. So that's the guitar's name now.

The luthier who built it explained that he bought it off of the previous owner after the owner broke the top off of it, and the luthier decided to put the replacement head on the bottom instead of the top. He did a great job, it looks like it came this way from the factory. Tuning is more of a mental game than it is with my other guitars, but it looks and sounds great.

Being black and kind of "missing" a head, I decided I was going to name it the Headless Horseman, but then I found out about the "Dullahan," which appealed to both the Headless Horseman vibe and my Irish heritage. So that's the guitar's name now.
That’s awesome!

Since I work in film/TV, I've got zero work to do. We got out of NYC in the first week of March and have been hiding out on our property two hours north of the city. We're usually only here a few days at a time, so projects have been piling up. I refinished the 1000 sq ft deck. Power washed and sealed the outdoor teak furniture. Repainted the deck and porch railings. Painted the brick fireplace that I've hated for 20 years. I got on the roof yesterday and repointed the chimney. I bought a sewing machine and have made a couple dozen masks. I still plan to paint the porch ceiling, build some shelves for my basement and reorganize that and the garage. Fun times.

My daughter's big wedding celebration was supposed to be on May 16th but of course, that's been postponed. 😞 I'm hoping that they'll drive up here from the city (he's an NYPD detective so he's essential) and we can do a ceremony in our field - I can get 'ordained' online. They can keep 'socially distant' from us by staying in our basement apt. which has a separate entrance. Some honeymoon! 🤣

Stay safe, y'all!

View attachment 33716
View attachment 33717

WOW!

Back