Live PD

I don't mind those shows too much when it shows the cops doing their job, but don't really watch them much. But have to agree with policemedic, commentators that are Federal law enforcement or other D.C. types need to understand that they are not Police or first responders.

*to clarify about the first responder comment above, not talking about uniform fed LEOs that serve as police, meaning FBI, ATF, HSI...etc....the usual talking heads.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of the one guy who was a part-time Washington DC special police officer (no police academy, no LEOSA, extremely limited arrest power, basically a guard-plus) and a contracted guard to State. He passes himself off as a DSS employee but he never was.

I've gotten hooked on this recently, mostly because of the entertainment value of American dirtbag perpetrators. If you watch it enough, you realize just how freaking stupid and fucked up people are.

I mean...you've been ingesting household cleaning products all morning, you're driving around with two stolen guns, pot, meth, xanax bars and a bag of dildos...and you have no license plate...and no license. And then when you're stopped you try to wrestle with the cop, he throws you down and you start shouting about your Rights. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

America. I love it.

I've gotten hooked on this recently, mostly because of the entertainment value of American dirtbag perpetrators. If you watch it enough, you realize just how freaking stupid and fucked up people are.

I mean...you've been ingesting household cleaning products all morning, you're driving around with two stolen guns, pot, meth, xanax bars and a bag of dildos...and you have no license plate...and no license. And then when you're stopped you try to wrestle with the cop, he throws you down and you start shouting about your Rights. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

America. I love it.

If I had ever become a Chief or head of a department somewhere, (Not that I wanted to and never would have) the last thing I'd ever sign off on, is having a frickin camera crew anywhere near my officers.

We had a CNN crew with us on a few patrols. The TM SGT told them they could film anything they wanted “except that old fucker and the Mexican”. He didn’t want his SOT-As to get any screen time.;-)

Is it actually live, or delayed? Live seems like a recipe for disaster IMO.

Our version is pretty heavily edited and run through the comms people before it's broadcast. Those guys don't always know what they're looking at though so we've ended up with semi-sensitive shit sent out.

Is it actually live, or delayed? Live seems like a recipe for disaster IMO.

Our version is pretty heavily edited and run through the comms people before it's broadcast. Those guys don't always know what they're looking at though so we've ended up with semi-sensitive shit sent out.

Friday and Saturday night it is technically "live"...although there must be a digital delay (could be as long as 60 seconds) to allow producers to edit out personal information and excessive obscenities. It may even be that the photogs and producers in the field have the edit option. Some of the stuff is presented as "recorded earlier."

Friday and Saturday night it is technically "live"...although there must be a digital delay (could be as long as 60 seconds) to allow producers to edit out personal information and excessive obscenities. It may even be that the photogs and producers in the field have the edit option. Some of the stuff is presented as "recorded earlier."

Makes sense. I don't watch it that often so I didn't pick up on all that.

Have to agree with some of the guys above. The commentary is unnecessary and uninformed. Laws, rules and policies are not the same across the country, even neighboring agencies could have completely different policies. So a guy who is not an officer for that agency or from that jurisdiction shouldn't be commenting on it. Not everyone is going to do the same thing, which leads to more misinformation. I have people ask me about what they saw on LivePD all the time. I tell them its not the whole picture of the situation and that its a lot like any other police show on TV, just with real officers and no script.

I find the show entertaining as hell for many of the same reasons as @Ocoka. I also enjoy the commentary.

In re: earlier comments above, when explaining various situations and why they may've been handled a particular way, it is often mentioned how department policies and laws may vary by location.

Back