Military Misconduct

Interesting. So a naval officer in Japan caused an accident that killed some Japanese citizens. Apparently the accident was triggered by a "sudden bout of altitude sickness," not an action or inaction by the American driver.

However, he's now in a Japanese jail after being convicted in their courts over the accident.

...and the Navy, with the SECDEF's approval, is cutting off his pay.
Mike Lee calls out Defense Department for halting pay of Navy officer jailed in Japan

Now, I'm not big on supporting military members, especially officers, who are in jail for their own negligence or misconduct. "Oh, you have a family?? Well, you should have thought of that before you did XXX. No pay due for the next three months" or whatever.

But what happened in this case, as far as I can tell, would not have been a crime in the US, and the officer would not have been in Japan if the Navy hadn't sent him there. I think it's reasonable that his pay continues during his confinement, given the circumstances.

Seems like some craziness is going on over with 3rd SFG. Allegedly drug smuggling, human trafficking, and at least one NCO accused of pimping out underage girls. This comment is the craziest thing:

"This is what happens when there is no war, no direction, and an 18-month red cycle with no mission," a Special Forces soldier said. "So dudes are fucking around with young kids and the craziest drugs. All these lives ruined because people are just bored."

I've been so bored before I've had rock fights at the range, but I've never been so bored I've thought doing a bunch of drugs or getting involved in p*do stuff was a good idea.

CBS link to show at least the drug crackdown is confirmed as of now.

Seems like some craziness is going on over with 3rd SFG. Allegedly drug smuggling, human trafficking, and at least one NCO accused of pimping out underage girls. This comment is the craziest thing:

I've been so bored before I've had rock fights at the range, but I've never been so bored I've thought doing a bunch of drugs or getting involved in p*do stuff was a good idea.

CBS link to show at least the drug crackdown is confirmed as of now.
Crap. Can't believe I clicked on an article by Jack Murphy.

Of course the deaths have been all over local news, but certainly not the rest of the stuff. I will have to reach out; in my work I have working with several 18Ds in Alpha Co, 1st battalion.

Any truth to this: https://www.audacy.com/connectingve...ial-ops-amidst-human-trafficking-drug-arrests

Pretty scathing if true.

CID and FBI agents investigated members of 3rd Special Forces Group and Delta Force who allegedly were involved in drug and in one instance human trafficking, according to nearly a dozen current and former military sources.

The arrests began Thursday, Jan. 5 and culminated with a 100% recall and accountability formation for 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group yesterday.”

Also wonder if this story is connected: Ft. Bragg soldier on $2.8M bond from kidnapping, rape charges in Cumberland County

Any truth to this: https://www.audacy.com/connectingve...ial-ops-amidst-human-trafficking-drug-arrests

Pretty scathing if true.

CID and FBI agents investigated members of 3rd Special Forces Group and Delta Force who allegedly were involved in drug and in one instance human trafficking, according to nearly a dozen current and former military sources.

The arrests began Thursday, Jan. 5 and culminated with a 100% recall and accountability formation for 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group yesterday.”

Also wonder if this story is connected: Ft. Bragg soldier on $2.8M bond from kidnapping, rape charges in Cumberland County
Dude I just saw that a few days ago; Googling shows the only current stories by Jack Murphy of SOFREP…. I don’t know what to think about that dude, but perception is that he sure likes to air SOF’s dirty laundry.

Dude I just saw that a few days ago; Googling shows the only current stories by Jack Murphy of SOFREP…. I don’t know what to think about that dude, but perception is that he sure likes to air SOF’s dirty laundry.

Well somebody has to do it...CBS article was written by someone else. The WRAL story just looks like a staff report recap of the video segment.

Well somebody has to do it...CBS article was written by someone else. The WRAL story just looks like a staff report recap of the video segment.

WRAL is out of Raleigh, and the biggest TV market in the state aside from Charlotte. But the reporters are sloppy and really get a lot of their stuff from 'the wire', other outlets, or frame stories off videos. Locals say WRAL means "We Report All Lies."

War on or not you can’t blame illegal activity due to boredom. Boredom doesn’t make you commit crimes, boredom has you taking up BASE jumping or some type of hobby. “Shit, I’m bored. Think I’ll try sex trafficking to keep me occupied.”

Back