Military Misconduct

1: I have to imagine this will not help the good NCO‘s future promotions.

2: they name their kid Gunner?

3: similar to professional athletes, I have to imagine that military wives cost their husbands more hassle than could ever be fully realized.

I didn’t know what we did to our son was bad until cops knocked at our door

In their case I'm curious if Gunner is Corps related or something else. We considered Gunnar, because it's Swedish and my wife's family is Swedish. It's Americanized as Gunner.

3: similar to professional athletes, I have to imagine that military wives cost their husbands more hassle than could ever be fully realized.

I didn’t know what we did to our son was bad until cops knocked at our

My sister picked some dumb names for her sons and Gunner was one of them. So I don't think that's relevant...but the rest of that shit? Holy fuck.

My sister picked some dumb names for her sons and Gunner was one of them. So I don't think that's relevant...but the rest of that shit? Holy fuck.

Gunner as American, not a fan. I'm not going to be insensitive enough to call it dumb. Gunnar to Scandinavian is as John is to American.

I didn’t know what we did to our son was bad until cops knocked at our door

Kid's gonna have mental issues over that. Trust me. He'll remember that shit. I remember a few scary things that happened to me when I was two.

Fucking parents.

Canadian MajGen acquitted of sexual assault, suing Trudeau and crew.

Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin, the senior military commander who once led Canada's vaccine rollout, is suing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, the federal government and top military and political figures for more than $6 million in damages months after he was acquitted of sexual assault. A statement of claim filed Wednesday by Fortin's legal team alleges defamation, misfeasance in public office, conspiracy and negligent investigation. "The defendants' conduct was reprehensible, extreme, flagrant and high-handed," the lawsuit alleges. "It constituted a marked departure from ordinary standards of decent behaviour."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ma...s-civil-lawsuit-against-military-pm-1.6779797

"The defendants' conduct was reprehensible, extreme, flagrant and high-handed," "It constituted a marked departure from ordinary standards of decent behaviour."

The delicious irony of the Canadian military's vaccine rollout chief 1) being falsely accused of sexual assault and 2) the statements above.

Last edited:
Why out the .mil in charge of that kind of thing in the first place? Don’t they have like… whole agencies in the .gov for that kind of thing?

Yeah… nothing inspires more confidence than “hey, this thing is TOTALLY safe, now here’s the military to make you take it.”

Why out the .mil in charge of that kind of thing in the first place? Don’t they have like… whole agencies in the .gov for that kind of thing?

Yeah… nothing inspires more confidence than “hey, this thing is TOTALLY safe, now here’s the military to make you take it.”

The only ones with the equipment to distribute it to rural area's with no road access. Any domestic "humanitarian" aid needed to be distributed, falls on military. We don't have any civilian .gov organization, even remotely capable. Especially mid winter, we started the rollout 14 Dec 2020, military was first and then First Nation's communities requiring airlift.

Haven’t done extensive research on this yet, but having a culture of not reporting injuries is noting new to the military. Now if the injury is serious, which causes blood (in this particular instance he was coughing it up from pneumonia) to be everywhere and you still don’t call 911, is that a culture thing or lack of cognitive ability to do the right thing? I think it’s both, with a big emphasis on being afraid of getting dropped and not having the possibility of coming back. This mentality exists in every selection process.

SEAL Commander Reprimanded in Connection to Death of Recruit Leaves Post Early

Last edited:
Haven’t done extensive research on this yet, but having a culture of not reporting injuries is noting new to the military. Now if the injury is serious, which causes blood (in this particular instance he was coughing it up from pneumonia) to be everywhere and you still don’t call 911, is that a culture thing or lack of cognitive ability to do the right thing? I think it’s both, with a big emphasis on being afraid of getting dropped and not having the possibility of coming back. This mentality exists in every selection process.

Probably a bit of both. A lot of serious-looking things are actually low-hanging fruit and they can take care of it. But some of it is not. The gray in the middle is where they get into trouble. Coughing up blood isn't 'just pneumonia', it's a lot worse, and to have called it 'just pneumonia' and drove on, leaving it to the trainee to ring out and not make that decision for him is negligence at best, criminal at worst, and definitely malpractice.
What the Navy did to the commander was neither new nor suprising.

Probably a bit of both. A lot of serious-looking things are actually low-hanging fruit and they can take care of it. But some of it is not. The gray in the middle is where they get into trouble. Coughing up blood isn't 'just pneumonia', it's a lot worse, and to have called it 'just pneumonia' and drove on, leaving it to the trainee to ring out and not make that decision for him is negligence at best, criminal at worst, and definitely malpractice.
What the Navy did to the commander was neither new nor suprising.

Yea, the guy was taking PEDs and his heart was twice the size it should have been.

I'd have to go with lack of cognitive ability. I'm thinking hyper-stressed mentally and physically, constant exhaustion, suffering serious sleep deprivation, all factors common to the training...it had to effect his judgement.

Yea, the guy was taking PEDs and his heart was twice the size it should have been.

Well...a dead man waiting to happen.

Yikes. And it wasn't even Florida.

Army soldier shoots service member wife at her own birthday party: report

An argument between an active duty military service couple escalated to gunshots as partygoers grabbed the couple's children and ran, according to local news reports.

Jordan Mykol Henning, 33, allegedly shot his 32-year-old wife Ashley multiple times as her birthday party wound down Monday, Lt. Col. David Lee of the Hardin County, Kentucky Sheriff's Office said without going into details about what sparked the dispute.

Back